Topic Wiki

LMS - Last Man Standing.. Not FMS (First Man Standing) - This game is for night time only, not morning, afternoon, or evening.. NIGHT TIME ONLY!!

At night while most of the world is sleeping there are some members which are looking to socialize since they have no one else to speak to; they play a really exciting and fun game which basically every couple minutes you write a comment, the comments range from standing to sleeping, from young grasshoppers to old grasshoppers. it usually begins around 1:00 am EDT

RULES OF THE GAME:

1) Game starts at 1am Eastern, 12am Central, 11pm mountain, 10pm pacific... You get the point.
2) Anyone can call a roll call, just make a reply with "Roll Call". The roll call must be readable to the naked eye.
3) No more than one roll call every thirty minutes.
4) You have 30 minutes to respond to the roll call to stay active.
5) To respond to a roll call just post a reply with "Here" or "y y y"
6) If after one hour there are no more "Roll Calls" or "Heres", then the last person to post correctly either by calling a roll call or with a reply of "here" is declared winner of LMS.
7)You must have been awake for at least 12 hours before making or answering a RC.

OR IN SHORT:

When someone calls for a roll call. No more than one every 30 minutes and you have 30 minutes to respond "Here".

Poll

If Men Could Become Pregnant, Would You?

Yes, I love delivering babies!
Noooooo! I'm afraid....
Not sure. I'll ask my LOR

Author Topic: Random Posts  (Read 2203534 times)

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: Why Not Say The F Word?
« Reply #9220 on: December 25, 2015, 02:44:43 AM »
Huh?

Stealing is considered an immoral act. I asked why it was wrong

Let's try it out.

Why should I not steal my friend's money?
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline yakrot

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: What's The Problem With Birth Control?
« Reply #9221 on: December 25, 2015, 02:45:15 AM »

I dont live in a fancy home, drive cars that are over a decade old and dont spend too much on closing. Still dont think my wife can quit her job.
you don't ms enough

Offline wayfe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9222 on: December 25, 2015, 02:47:04 AM »

If I ask you why something is wrong we'd go round and round in circles. There's no logical reason why anything is wrong unless a Higher Being says so, or it's wrong because it's not smart and will ultimately fail you (selfish social contract)

Aaaron is trying to prove that morals can have an intrinsic value.

I'm disagreeing.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned."
— Richard Feynman

Offline yakrot

• View Profile
Re: What's wrong with walking around naked?
« Reply #9223 on: December 25, 2015, 02:48:09 AM »

Did you Google it?
I can't believe it. You're off your mind.
ten seconds ? That's blasphemy

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #9224 on: December 25, 2015, 02:54:39 AM »

I've had this conversation with my Rebbe and my Rov
And what did she say?

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #9225 on: December 25, 2015, 07:28:47 AM »
I attend a liberal arts college and I have professors with Phd's who have "great academic minds" and they say the F word every five seconds. In the new "Liberal Academic -- free speech and acceptance of everything except of course being able to be pro-Israel " - it's 100 percent in line. Its a ridiculous world. As a 19 year old the only reason to not be using profanity is I dont need to, as a yid its not acceptable in the Jewish community and my friends are mostly Jews who dont curse.. and the much older generation plus professional situations expect and are impressed by a clean vocabulary.

Someone in my Sociology class got yelled at for using the word "Black" as the term is African American.....but a black kid in the class was insulted and said --stop using that -- "Im not from Africa...if you have to refer to my race--which you shouldn't outside of an academic setting--say it like it is..I'm black"

My prof. told us shes "Sansgender"...and she has a friend who is 'Mahu' - sansgender means shes a female and shes attracted to men. Its apparently NOT ok to use the term heterosexual anymore. Mahu (originated in Hawai) does not make sense to me...its someone whos a boy or a girl who identifies as neither and both at the same time. I gave up a long time ago.

Im accepting of everyone...I'm just sick of the PC nonsense. Which includes how its "in now" or "popular" to curse as long as you are doing it with a clear, articulate and pretentious speaking vocab (no Gheto talk).

As long as someone is articulate and speaks correctly...not in a "Ghetto" way it seems to be ok to curse.

Here's a nonsense explanation I would most likely hear in school- of the benefits of cursing--i just made this up: "Profanity and its linguistic use can be a pathway or at least a continual subliminal treading to a more rich and deserved embodiment of our state of mind, a expression of true relief".

This was a great post!

Offline Baruch

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9226 on: December 25, 2015, 08:58:37 AM »

My prof. told us shes "Sansgender"...and she has a friend who is 'Mahu' - sansgender means shes a female and shes attracted to men. Its apparently NOT ok to use the term heterosexual anymore. Mahu (originated in Hawai) does not make sense to me...its someone whos a boy or a girl who identifies as neither and both at the same time. I gave up a long time ago.

The saddest thing is that PC can actually be dangerous.
Transgenderism is an obvious mental disorder. But because of PC they are willing to mutilate a human's body, and ruin him, and put a stamp of approval on his confusion.
There are mentally ill people who think they are birds, should we implant wings to their body, and deform their mouth into a beak. It is sad. I honestly have rachmanus on these transes, they're nebach ill. It's horrifying how society is screwing this up so badly.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9227 on: December 25, 2015, 09:04:02 AM »
Actually this thread is the least chilul Hashem worthy thread of the night.
+1

On spot as usual

״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline maxie m

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9228 on: December 25, 2015, 09:22:49 AM »

Certain tribes in Africa today don't believe in wearing clothing.
yep and I'm sure that comes from a deeper intellectual perspective, also explains why they are faced with all the other diseases and economic issues that have
Dumb people learn from their own mistakes,smart people,from the mistakes of others

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #9229 on: December 25, 2015, 09:24:16 AM »
As far as I remember, yes. But I am always happy to say "I was wrong"  :)
I haven't gone through all of these, but according to this, R' Moshe speaks about the pill in EH 4:74(2), 1:65, 2:17, and 4:72 (the article mentions one other tshuva without sourcing it). The article presents R' Moshe as having had an evolving shittah on the pill, leading more and more l'tzad issur.

Offline Lou Bob

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9230 on: December 25, 2015, 09:25:03 AM »
DDF and Google are not your
A: Doctor
B: Rabbi
Always use an Amex, you'll thank me one day.

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #9231 on: December 25, 2015, 09:26:26 AM »
I haven't gone through all of these, but according to this, R' Moshe speaks about the pill in EH 4:74(2), 1:65, 2:17, and 4:72 (the article mentions one other tshuva without sourcing it). The article presents R' Moshe as having had an evolving shittah on the pill, leading more and more l'tzad issur.
R Moshe's major issue with the pill was that it causes staining.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #9232 on: December 25, 2015, 09:30:54 AM »
Here's the full paragraph from the article:
Rav Moshe wrote many responsa dealing with the pill, and the evolution of his thought on it is a fascinating study. His earliest responsum (Even Haezer 4:74:2) is from 1960, shortly after the pill was approved by the FDA. At that point, he wrote that if there is no danger in taking them and if they do not cause bleeding, they are permitted for financial reasons if the man has fulfilled his mitzvah of procreation. If he has not fulfilled procreation, the woman can take them if she feels weak. In his next responsum (Even Haezer1:65), written in 1961, he expressed reservation about the possibility of bleeding resulting from the pill and weighed against taking it. In 1962 (Even Haezer 2:17), he was more emphatic about the problem of bleeding and mentioned an additional concern about side effects from the pill. In an undated responsum that is likely from around 1965, he put time limits on the heter to use the pill. If procreation is still an issue, the heter is for a ‘short time’; if it isn’t, the heter is for three years. However, he reiterates the bleeding problem as a concern under all situations.

In 1972, Rav Moshe wrote a fascinating criticism of the pill. In a short responsum (Even Haezer 4:72) dealing with what appears to be the question of simply using the pill for family planning with no pregnancy risk, he wrote that although there is no problem of wasted seed, it is like ‘mitchachem negged ratzon Hashem’ – like outsmarting the will of G-d.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #9233 on: December 25, 2015, 09:38:19 AM »
I have heard from more than one talmid of his that he never told people to use the pill. R Henkin felt there was sakana in using the pill. Both reasons may not apply to today's pills and many of their talmidim duo tell people to use them
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #9234 on: December 25, 2015, 09:45:21 AM »
I have heard from more than one talmid of his that he never told people to use the pill. R Henkin felt there was sakana in using the pill. Both reasons may not apply to today's pills and many of their talmidim duo tell people to use them
Why don't they apply? An experienced rov told me once that virtually all pills cause staining. Definitely at the beginning. Idk..

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
Re: Random Posts
« Reply #9235 on: December 25, 2015, 09:48:38 AM »
If I ever want to get this house cleaned, I better learn Spanish.
If I want my house cleaned I better learn Spanish

Two men, two threads, one gigantic mess.

Or grodnoking is a shameful plagiarist

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #9236 on: December 25, 2015, 09:50:35 AM »
Why don't they apply? An experienced rov told me once that virtually all pills cause staining. Definitely at the beginning. Idk..
First of all, I wrote may and there is definitely significant improvement since the sixties. Also, I have heard from my rabbeim that the issue is not so common with today's pills and even then only at the beginning.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #9237 on: December 25, 2015, 09:53:54 AM »
First of all, I wrote may and there is definitely significant improvement since the sixties. Also, I have heard from my rabbeim that the issue is not so common with today's pills and even then only at the beginning.
My research on this matter is that the issue is very prevalent, but for other reasons rabbonim are not concerned about these stains (R moshes concern )

And in the medical world mild staining is not considered a concern that needs improvement.

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9238 on: December 25, 2015, 09:55:18 AM »
Two men, two threads, one gigantic mess.

Or grodnoking is a shameful plagiarist
Or did you both just get the same whatsapp?
My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #9239 on: December 25, 2015, 09:56:26 AM »
Or did you both just get the same whatsapp?

It's not funny enough for me to have stolen