Author Topic: how to attain one-world status..  (Read 1904 times)

Offline rcarentals

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz 1# Plat, Sabre, Travel Agent
how to attain one-world status..
« on: July 24, 2012, 03:39:41 PM »
okay so
i have some flights coming up and i want to know whats the best thing to do with them.. i am looking more for status then where to put them,..

they are on LAN in Y class - so they should earn Full mileage and status.

AEP IGR  652 km
 IGR   AEP 652 km
 AEP MDZ 609 km
 MDZ SCL 122 km
 SCL BUE  713 km
 BUE USH  1476 km
 USH BUE  1476 km
 BUE SCL 713 km
 SCL JFK  5097 km

Total 11509 mi

any suggestions?
TIA
Do not boast for tomorrow, Because you do not know what the day will bear.(Mishlei C27.V1)

Offline Cbs

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
Re: how to attain one-world status..
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 09:38:48 AM »
okay so
i have some flights coming up and i want to know whats the best thing to do with them.. i am looking more for status then where to put them,..

AEP IGR  652 km
 IGR   AEP 652 km
 AEP MDZ 609 km
 MDZ SCL 122 km
 SCL BUE  713 km
 BUE USH  1476 km
 USH BUE  1476 km
 BUE SCL 713 km
 SCL JFK  5097 km

Total 11509 mi

any suggestions?
TIA
are you looking for some sort of list like this? - thats from LAN but you would want a list from the other airlines

Offline rcarentals

• View Profile
Lan mistake...
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 01:13:01 PM »
Quote from: Rcarentals;18996186
okay so

AEP IGR  652 miles
 IGR   AEP 652 mi
 AEP MDZ 609 mi
 MDZ SCL 122 mi
 SCL BUE  713 mi
 BUE USH  1476 mi
 USH BUE  1476 mi
 BUE-SCL  713 m (j class)
 SCL-SYD  7060 mi
 SYD-AKL 1345 mi
 AKL-SCL 6011 mi
 SCL-BUE 713 (j class)
 BUE SCL 713 mi
 SCL JFK  5097 mi

Total 27364 mi

any suggestions?
TIA

lol...
ok here's the low down.
i had accidentally while searching originally for these fares by either paying or buying kms, experianced a "mistake" in the website where it priced out the ticket to 0$ + tax :)
this lasted a few hours and i couldnt replicate it intentionally kinda just fluked it, after about 6hrs i had tickets confirmed and with ticket numbers.
so i went ahead and booked a few tickets...
LAN went ahead and confirmed and even put a hold on the money on my credit card. they sent me a ticket number and an agent sent me an email that my flight was confirmed and booked. this was 7 days ago.today they show as "suspended" and some "voided" i called lan and they told me to come in person to verify my identity and pay in cash or crdit at the sales office. i did. they wouldnt accept cash payment or any payment. they said i should go to a lan store the next day (this was at an airport) as only their "internal department" could fix it and they were not working on sunday. i called up and it seems their "internal department" was working sunday. they requested a picture of my passport and my credit card. i sent it. they then said they wouldn't honor it. they said my only choice was to book another flight and write a complaint.

any suggestions?
opinions?
is lan required to honor this?
the main let down is that they cancelled it a day before my flight leaving me completely inconvenienced.(although i do have a somewhat backup plan.)
whats the legal status here? is this much different from the united deal?
Do not boast for tomorrow, Because you do not know what the day will bear.(Mishlei C27.V1)

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Lan mistake...
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 01:14:49 PM »
lol...
ok here's the low down.
i had accidentally while searching originally for these fares by either paying or buying kms, experianced a "mistake" in the website where it priced out the ticket to 0$ + tax :)
this lasted a few hours and i couldnt replicate it intentionally kinda just fluked it, after about 6hrs i had tickets confirmed and with ticket numbers.
so i went ahead and booked a few tickets...
LAN went ahead and confirmed and even put a hold on the money on my credit card. they sent me a ticket number and an agent sent me an email that my flight was confirmed and booked. this was 7 days ago.today they show as "suspended" and some "voided" i called lan and they told me to come in person to verify my identity and pay in cash or crdit at the sales office. i did. they wouldnt accept cash payment or any payment. they said i should go to a lan store the next day (this was at an airport) as only their "internal department" could fix it and they were not working on sunday. i called up and it seems their "internal department" was working sunday. they requested a picture of my passport and my credit card. i sent it. they then said they wouldn't honor it. they said my only choice was to book another flight and write a complaint.

any suggestions?
opinions?
is lan required to honor this?
the main let down is that they cancelled it a day before my flight leaving me completely inconvenienced.(although i do have a somewhat backup plan.)
whats the legal status here? is this much different from the united deal?
if you have a confirmation and there is a flight that has a leg in the USAthen complain to the DOT they are required to honor it

Offline rcarentals

• View Profile
Re: how to attain one-world status..
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 08:03:45 PM »
so Lan finally got back to me from the customer relations department after i filed a DOT complaint. below is a quote

"With reference to your ticket 045-XXXXXXXXXX traveling from Buenos Aires to Santiago and Sydney on LA2429 AND LA807, please be advised that it has been voided due to the fare not being paid for; only the taxes have been paid."

as of now the taxes have charged to my credit card.
the question is LAN says that "i have not payed for the fare" only taxes.
but from doing a little research it seems more like, legally, they have entered a written contract i have both an email from an agent as well as the PDF of the ticket and transaction wich clearly has written the price of the ticket as 0.00USD. so that means that by them issuing the ticket and offering me transportation at 0$ if i have paid the tax wich is all they asked of me they must honor the ticket?

it seems that a purchase is not just for money, rather "a deed" or contract is considered a purchase.. so if they gave me this contract i have the right to fly?

they seem to say that i didnt "PAY" for a flight. but my argument is i don't need to "pay" for it, i just need the contract or "ticket" wich promises me the service of flying on their aircraft. so long as i fulfill all the stipulations - paying for the tax, etc.. they should be bound to this right?

any ideas? comments?