Author Topic: Unlimited DATA on ATT???  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Jb93davis

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Unlimited DATA on ATT???
« on: August 09, 2012, 10:04:22 AM »
HI there,
I joined ATT right after they switched to no unlimited plans.
Has anyone had success in convincing them to give you unlimited data? and how you did it?
I know they are able to do it because they allowed people to go back to it after the switch (When they offered people the new plan, people switched out of the grandfathered clause, and after a little time, some were allowed to go back.). Also, I know someone was able to get it when they put their SIM card into a iphone 1 (I think) and it required them to get full data and they honored that.

If anyone has been able to do this, please let me know. I NEVER have enough data (I get 2GB for 25$)

Thanks in advance!

Offline Yossi.

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Unlimited DATA on ATT???
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 10:22:33 AM »
Also, I know someone was able to get it when they put their SIM card into a iphone 1 (I think) and it required them to get full data and they honored that.
Interesting theory...
Get 3GB data plan?? it's only $5 more...

Offline Jb93davis

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 10:37:17 AM »
I would consider it, I just know theres gotta be a way. Its very frustrating because I dont stream radio or video at all and Im constantly getting close to 95% data. Id like to be able to use my phone to its fullest extent but I just dont see it as possible.

Offline Yossi.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 10:43:38 AM »
I would consider it, I just know theres gotta be a way. Its very frustrating because I dont stream radio or video at all and Im constantly getting close to 95% data. Id like to be able to use my phone to its fullest extent but I just dont see it as possible.
that's weird that u dont do all that and that u reach that level of data usage... any online gaming/multiplayer? any big files downloads on 3G? I mean, I stream a lot of videos and music (youtube, netflix, pandora), have video surveillance and computer remote control that I use frequently and I don't reach the 2GB level...

Offline Jb93davis

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 10:54:56 AM »
Btw i have an iphone 4
I'm never in wifi unless I go to Starbucks. I do do a lot of gaming and do push mail and stuff. Also a lot of maps (even though they told me names takes no data). I consider myself a pretty heavy user.
A lot of times what happens is I'll be updating my apps in wifi and without realizing that it's not done (I do my updates in large batches since I don't have wifi) I'll leave an it will continue out of wifi (there's no option to limit updates to wifi only).
Also I'll download some apps and stuff.
I have an app that monitors my data and what's Being used: sometimes iCloud will use 30-40 mb a day. I still can't figure out what it's syncing.

I did notice once that ATT's number for how much data I used was more then what my phone said I had used. I told this to AT&T. For pretty high up in the phone tree but my phone lost service ( dropped call) and they didn't call me back. I wasn't able to get back that high so I gave up. I threatene to leave and they ended up taking off like 5-10$ a month for my texting plan. That's as good as I got.

Offline Yossi.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 10:59:09 AM »
sometimes iCloud will use 30-40 mb a day. I still can't figure out what it's syncing.
calendar/contacts/notes/photo stream/iwork documents