Topic Wiki

All you need to know:
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/38212

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/mileageplus/awards/travel/types.aspx
Click on "United air travel award rules:"
"You may redeem miles for travel in United Global FirstSM, United First®, United Business® or United BusinessFirst® , even if the space is not available. In these cases, United Economy in the same award type must be confirmed, and the front cabin will be waitlisted. For example, a Saver United First award must be confirmed in Saver United Economy to be eligible for waitlisting. If the courtesy waitlist does not clear, it will expire 24 hours before itinerary departure, and you will automatically be added to the airport upgrade standby list upon check-in. In these cases, you will be confirmed on a space-available basis by a United airport representative at the gate once the flight has closed for check-in. For United BusinessFirst and United Business travel awards, the difference in miles will be refunded when the United BusinessFirst or United Business class segment of the trip could not be confirmed. Waitlist requests may only be made over the phone with your local United Reservations office"

« Last edited by HolyNyc on February 02, 2015, 08:51:46 AM »

Author Topic: Plan B Discussion: Booking BusinessFirst Awards Without Availability  (Read 512728 times)

Offline sillypainter

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Plan B Discussion: Booking BusinessFirst Awards Without Availability
« Reply #840 on: September 18, 2014, 11:31:14 AM »
Will plan b work on a domestic route booking in saver business and sitting in standard economy?
Assuming they are the same amount of miles.
Sorry if it was discussed before I couldn't search it because 'plan b' the 'b' is not a 2 letter word  ;)

Interesting question indeed. I would assume you can still do it, don't think it matters.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #841 on: September 18, 2014, 11:35:18 AM »
You can search for one letter words like this:
"Plan B"

Plan B only works with saver.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline HolyNyc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 18, 2014, 11:36:56 AM »
You can search for one letter words like this:
"Plan B"
Plan B only works with saver.
thanks

Offline The Guy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 18, 2014, 11:39:57 AM »
Will plan b work on a domestic route booking in saver business and sitting in standard economy?
Sorry if it was discussed before I couldn't search it because plan b the 'b' is not a 2 letter word  ;)

NO,only if there's saver coach.

Offline zh cohen

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 18, 2014, 12:02:25 PM »
Sorry if it was discussed before I couldn't search it because plan b the 'b' is not a 2 letter word  ;)

You won't get back any miles if you don't get into business.

Offline HolyNyc

• View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 19, 2014, 04:19:01 AM »
You won't get back any miles if you don't get into business.
I'm not looking to get back any miles it's worth it for me even in coach @standard but I want that if and when saver biz opens up I should get a free change
Can I do that?

Offline D93

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 19, 2014, 05:10:00 AM »

Offline HolyNyc

• View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 19, 2014, 05:15:43 AM »

I am wondering if I can get a rep to do it for me anyway?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #848 on: September 19, 2014, 08:36:02 AM »
Why keep asking the same question again and again rather than just trying to beat the system yourself?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline lich2539

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 28, 2014, 04:45:38 PM »
I had just sucessfully booked this on my first try. I don’t think I will be able to make it to the airport till 2 hours before my flight. Is there still a possibility that the system will upgrade me itself without the agent listing me as PR-1?

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 28, 2014, 04:48:23 PM »
I had just sucessfully booked this on my first try. I don’t think I will be able to make it to the airport till 2 hours before my flight. Is there still a possibility that the system will upgrade me itself without the agent listing me as PR-1?
If there is space, yes. Which route?
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline lich2539

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 28, 2014, 05:36:20 PM »
If there is space, yes. Which route?

EWR-TLV

Offline D93

• View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 28, 2014, 06:16:21 PM »
EWR-TLV
that's a jam packed flight... You really gotta get pr-1 status.
UA84 or UA90? Date?

Offline Elgnt

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 28, 2014, 08:36:21 PM »
I'm on 9/30 ewr- tlv 84  there are 11 open b/f seats do you think I will clear with plan b or go to the airport 24 hours b4?

Offline chucksterace

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 40
    • View Profile
    • LYNX IT Consulting
  • Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA Premier 1K; ; LY Plat; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz President's Circle; Avis President's Club
« Reply #854 on: September 28, 2014, 08:39:01 PM »
I'm on 9/30 ewr- tlv 84  there are 11 open b/f seats do you think I will clear with plan b or go to the airport 24 hours b4?

I think it might clear, but UA doesnt really open up those flights. Best bet is to still get to the airport the earliest the better.
You may not hold me responsible for any actions taken that were recommended from my account or username.

Offline Platinum

• View Profile
« Reply #855 on: September 28, 2014, 09:25:26 PM »
I had a Plan B all set up for a party of two from EWR - SFO, when I got to EWR the guy at the priority access  check-in counter refused to give me PR-1 and said he couldn't do it and suggested I try with supervisor  I think his name was Guy. I went to the supervisor  who asked me where all you guys are getting this info from? And that someone told him the same thing yesterday.. and there is no such thing as PR-1. So I figured I will try again in the lounge. The lady at the lounge had no problem putting on PR-1, I checked the app and there I was on the top of the list. When I checked the list again I noticed I was no longer number one on the list. So I go back to the desk (the person who did for me was no longer there) and she says sorry I can't give you PR-1 because it is noted not to give it to you. The guy downstairs made a notation not to give me PR-1. I tried to plea my case but the agent said once the account is noted there is nothing she can do, all she can suggest is to take it up by the gate. Long story short, the gate agent also refused to give me PR-1 although she said I should have it but since the account was noted she will not do it. At the end only one seat cleared so we just sat in economy. Just a warning if you are flying out of EWR try to avoid the priority access check-in.

Offline avrumy22

• View Profile
« Reply #856 on: September 28, 2014, 09:26:36 PM »
I had a Plan B all set up for a party of two from EWR - SFO, when I got to EWR the guy at the priority access  check-in counter refused to give me PR-1 and said he couldn't do it and suggested I try with supervisor  I think his name was Guy. I went to the supervisor  who asked me where all you guys are getting this info from? And that someone told him the same thing yesterday.. and there is no such thing as PR-1. So I figured I will try again in the lounge. The lady at the lounge had no problem putting on PR-1, I checked the app and there I was on the top of the list. When I checked the list again I noticed I was no longer number one on the list. So I go back to the desk (the person who did for me was no longer there) and she says sorry I can't give you PR-1 because it is noted not to give it to you. The guy downstairs made a notation not to give me PR-1. I tried to plea my case but the agent said once the account is noted there is nothing she can do, all she can suggest is to take it up by the gate. Long story short, the gate agent also refused to give me PR-1 although she said I should have it but since the account was noted she will not do it. At the end only one seat cleared so we just sat in economy. Just a warning if you are flying out of EWR try to avoid the priority access check-in.

You gotta be kidding!!!! Thats my airport....  :-[

Offline Centro

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 28, 2014, 09:33:12 PM »
This is despicable, there are those people who'll choke you just because you achieved something which they denied you in the first place.

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 29, 2014, 12:48:54 AM »
What makes you thinking that there is 11 seats available in J? As of now there is only 5 seats in J.
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline D93

• View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 29, 2014, 01:03:59 AM »
What makes you thinking that there is 11 seats available in J? As of now there is only 5 seats in J.
I see 7 now