Author Topic: Frankfurt lounges  (Read 20991 times)

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Frankfurt lounges
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 02:08:18 PM »
I invited Post Postpartum some people in the IST TR lounge, meaning, while getting into the main hall, a girl (obviously jewish) asks me if I'm coming from the TLV flight as she was meeting her father, so I told her yes. Her accent told me where she was traveling to, so I figured that she has still a few hours till her flight, so I told her that she will be allowed in the lounge with her father.

Coming to the lounge,  I left a message that I have 2 guests, named xxxxx traveling to XXX. When I left this note with their info was still there.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 02:09:19 PM »
I once asked 2 yeshivish looking guys in IAH if they wanted to come with me into the "club" and they looked at me like I just fell off the moon  ;D

Their loss, IAH term E Presidents club is awesome!

You should have used the term 'lounge', they must have thought something else  ;-)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 02:43:15 PM »
You should have used the term 'lounge', they must have thought something else  ;-)
True, but their look was so much funnier this way. And CO does call it a club after all  ;)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 02:47:12 PM »
True, but their look was so much funnier this way. And CO does call it a club after all  ;)

Talking about "club", I thought I'd whack one of those CO's on the head with it...

I got my brother *A G (can you believe it?), and they didnt let him into the CO ewr lounge, because they serve alcohol, and he is 17.

Is this everywhere in the usa like that?

Offline Charles The Govenor

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 04:17:59 PM »
I was invited into a rcc in sfo and accepted gladly was delayed 6 hours. 
star alliance

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2010, 07:26:52 PM »
Talking about "club", I thought I'd whack one of those CO's on the head with it...

I got my brother *A G (can you believe it?), and they didnt let him into the CO ewr lounge, because they serve alcohol, and he is 17.

Is this everywhere in the usa like that?
speaking of CO ewr lounge and alcohol; they charge for the alcohol there, right?

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2010, 07:32:20 PM »
speaking of CO ewr lounge and alcohol; they charge for the alcohol there, right?

I dont know, but if they do, they should just say that they dont sell to him.

Dan, this is an embarrassment to your airline.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2010, 07:42:34 PM »
No.
CO gives free beer/liquor, etc. in all of their lounges and does not check your ID, which is exactly why they don't allow access to those under 21 unless they are brought in by someone 21+.

DL and US also have free alcohol in their clubs.
AA and UA both charge for alcohol in their clubs.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »
No.
CO gives free beer/liquor, etc. in all of their lounges and does not check your ID, which is exactly why they don't allow access to those under 21 unless they are brought in by someone 21+.

US has only free like the cheapest type of beer, just enough to save money by not letting in the <21.

If the <21 brings in an adult, does it count, or the adult needs to bring him in.

as the "nice" lady in CLT said, you are responsible for your guest... So I told her, that if im responsible for my guest, us airways is responsible for me, as Im their guest....

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2010, 08:22:39 PM »
No.

darn! i should have taken advantage of it... (the whole bar-like set-up, made it look like they would...)
oh well, next time...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2010, 09:24:52 PM »
US has only free like the cheapest type of beer, just enough to save money by not letting in the <21.

If the <21 brings in an adult, does it count, or the adult needs to bring him in.

as the "nice" lady in CLT said, you are responsible for your guest... So I told her, that if im responsible for my guest, us airways is responsible for me, as Im their guest....
The whole 21+ thing is YMMV.
My 19 year old bro got into LAX and IAH with AMEX Plat but got refused at EWR and CLE.

Officially the member with the entry credentials needs to be 21+ but it's possible that if you bring someone 21+ with you that they would let it slide or perhaps not even notice that you're under 21.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 10:08:51 AM by Dan »

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 05:26:43 AM »
darn! i should have taken advantage of it... (the whole bar-like set-up, made it look like they would...)
oh well, next time...

bring next time a coolbag/box along  ;-)

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 05:27:30 AM »
The whole 21+ thing is YMMV.
My 19 year old bro got into LAX and IAH with AMEX Plat but got refused at EWR and CLE.

Officially the member with the entry credentials needs to be 21+ but it's possible that if you bring someone 21+ with you that they would let it slide or perhaps not even notice that you're under 25.

Yeah, guessed it. my brother looks young.

Offline yid

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2010, 03:24:27 AM »
the frankfort business class lounge is really nothing special, just fruit and fountain soda and beer... so its not such a plus. the first class lounge is alot nicer. but their strict and dont let business class passengers in.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2010, 11:01:56 AM »
the frankfort business class lounge is really nothing special, just fruit and fountain soda and beer... so its not such a plus. the first class lounge is alot nicer. but their strict and dont let business class passengers in.

Are there showers and all in the business class lounge in frankfurt?