Author Topic: Frankfurt lounges  (Read 37524 times)

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Frankfurt lounges
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2010, 07:26:52 PM »
Talking about "club", I thought I'd whack one of those CO's on the head with it...

I got my brother *A G (can you believe it?), and they didnt let him into the CO ewr lounge, because they serve alcohol, and he is 17.

Is this everywhere in the usa like that?
speaking of CO ewr lounge and alcohol; they charge for the alcohol there, right?

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2010, 07:32:20 PM »
speaking of CO ewr lounge and alcohol; they charge for the alcohol there, right?

I dont know, but if they do, they should just say that they dont sell to him.

Dan, this is an embarrassment to your airline.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2010, 07:42:34 PM »
No.
CO gives free beer/liquor, etc. in all of their lounges and does not check your ID, which is exactly why they don't allow access to those under 21 unless they are brought in by someone 21+.

DL and US also have free alcohol in their clubs.
AA and UA both charge for alcohol in their clubs.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »
No.
CO gives free beer/liquor, etc. in all of their lounges and does not check your ID, which is exactly why they don't allow access to those under 21 unless they are brought in by someone 21+.

US has only free like the cheapest type of beer, just enough to save money by not letting in the <21.

If the <21 brings in an adult, does it count, or the adult needs to bring him in.

as the "nice" lady in CLT said, you are responsible for your guest... So I told her, that if im responsible for my guest, us airways is responsible for me, as Im their guest....

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2010, 08:22:39 PM »
No.

darn! i should have taken advantage of it... (the whole bar-like set-up, made it look like they would...)
oh well, next time...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2010, 09:24:52 PM »
US has only free like the cheapest type of beer, just enough to save money by not letting in the <21.

If the <21 brings in an adult, does it count, or the adult needs to bring him in.

as the "nice" lady in CLT said, you are responsible for your guest... So I told her, that if im responsible for my guest, us airways is responsible for me, as Im their guest....
The whole 21+ thing is YMMV.
My 19 year old bro got into LAX and IAH with AMEX Plat but got refused at EWR and CLE.

Officially the member with the entry credentials needs to be 21+ but it's possible that if you bring someone 21+ with you that they would let it slide or perhaps not even notice that you're under 21.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 10:08:51 AM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 05:26:43 AM »
darn! i should have taken advantage of it... (the whole bar-like set-up, made it look like they would...)
oh well, next time...

bring next time a coolbag/box along  ;-)

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 05:27:30 AM »
The whole 21+ thing is YMMV.
My 19 year old bro got into LAX and IAH with AMEX Plat but got refused at EWR and CLE.

Officially the member with the entry credentials needs to be 21+ but it's possible that if you bring someone 21+ with you that they would let it slide or perhaps not even notice that you're under 25.

Yeah, guessed it. my brother looks young.

Offline yid

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2010, 03:24:27 AM »
the frankfort business class lounge is really nothing special, just fruit and fountain soda and beer... so its not such a plus. the first class lounge is alot nicer. but their strict and dont let business class passengers in.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2010, 11:01:56 AM »
the frankfort business class lounge is really nothing special, just fruit and fountain soda and beer... so its not such a plus. the first class lounge is alot nicer. but their strict and dont let business class passengers in.

Are there showers and all in the business class lounge in frankfurt?

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2010, 01:32:47 PM »
Are there showers and all in the business class lounge in frankfurt?

this would be really a tough one, there are tons of lounges there.

Senator Lounge     Frankfurt/Main International     Terminal A, Level 2 opposite A26, Schengen
   Senator Lounge    Frankfurt/Main International    Terminal B, level 3, central area
   Business Lounge    Frankfurt/Main International    Terminal 1, departure area B, opposite gate B44
   Business Lounge    Frankfurt/Main International    Lufthansa "Tower Lounge" Terminal A; Level 3 (Non Schengen); access at Gate A65
   Business Lounge    Frankfurt/Main International    Terminal A Schengen Level 2 opposite A26
   Business Lounge    Frankfurt/Main International    Terminal 1, Departure B, near to Gates 24-28
   Business Lounge    Frankfurt/Main International    "C/D-pier", Terminal 1, Departure area C, Priority gates C14/C15
   Business Lounge    Frankfurt/Main International    "C/D-pier", Terminal 1, Departure Gate C, Priority gate C16

those are just the ones for star alliance gold...

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2010, 01:59:58 PM »
this would be really a tough one, there are tons of lounges there.

Senator Lounge     Frankfurt/Main International     Terminal A, Level 2 opposite A26, Schengen
   Senator Lounge    Frankfurt/Main International    Terminal B, level 3, central area
   Business Lounge    Frankfurt/Main International    Terminal 1, departure area B, opposite gate B44
   Business Lounge    Frankfurt/Main International    Lufthansa "Tower Lounge" Terminal A; Level 3 (Non Schengen); access at Gate A65
   Business Lounge    Frankfurt/Main International    Terminal A Schengen Level 2 opposite A26
   Business Lounge    Frankfurt/Main International    Terminal 1, Departure B, near to Gates 24-28
   Business Lounge    Frankfurt/Main International    "C/D-pier", Terminal 1, Departure area C, Priority gates C14/C15
   Business Lounge    Frankfurt/Main International    "C/D-pier", Terminal 1, Departure Gate C, Priority gate C16

those are just the ones for star alliance gold...

Wow!

Im flying business class on LH. Which ones can i access? all of them?
Or better question, which one SHOULD i go to?  ;D

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2010, 04:56:33 PM »
Which airline are you flying into, and which one out of FRA, and what are the respective classes.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2010, 11:38:20 PM »
Which airline are you flying into, and which one out of FRA, and what are the respective classes.

Flying LH into FRA and departing FRA on LH.

All business class...

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2010, 06:55:49 AM »
Flying LH into FRA and departing FRA on LH.

All business class...

Business Lounge     Frankfurt/Main International     Terminal 1, departure area B, opposite gate B44
Business Lounge    Frankfurt/Main International    "Lufthansa Welcome Lounge" (Arrival Lounge) - located immediately behind the baggage claim area in Arrivals Area B, Terminal 1 (public area)

not sure which is nicer, but if you have a 10 hour stopover, you can test them all.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2010, 10:18:23 AM »
Business Lounge     Frankfurt/Main International     Terminal 1, departure area B, opposite gate B44
Business Lounge    Frankfurt/Main International    "Lufthansa Welcome Lounge" (Arrival Lounge) - located immediately behind the baggage claim area in Arrivals Area B, Terminal 1 (public area)

not sure which is nicer, but if you have a 10 hour stopover, you can test them all.

Thanks!

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2010, 12:28:08 PM »
however Amex Plat doesn't get you into any of the Star alliance ones. only like one admirals club lounge which is not near any of the lufthansa gates/terminals.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2010, 06:42:37 PM »
I rely on you that you figured where you will land, and where your next flight takes off, as well as where your lounge is situated.
If none of those places are on your way I suggest that with a stopover less than 1:45, don't even bother.

Offline me

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2010, 12:14:56 PM »
Will BMI Silver get me into any of these lounges???

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2010, 04:12:23 PM »
Tricky question, where do you fly from FRA, in economy I presume.