Author Topic: Frankfurt lounges  (Read 37265 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: First Class Lufthansa in FRA
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2010, 06:34:49 PM »
My dear friend, not in FRA, or CDG or AMS will you run in 10 minutes from one side of the airport to another. Not even in BRU from B70 to A70 (some call the A terminal also M terminal, but by people using the A/M schengen terminal, its affectionately known as "the yimach shemoy terminal")
That's what the FA on the flight told me as well, that it was physically impossible for us to run that far in such a short period of time.  They even rebooked us on the next flight which wouldn't have gotten us to TLV on time for Shavuos.

But she's never seen us run though  :D
Perhaps it was a 15 minute run.  It's not the first "impossible" connection that I've made.

Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2010, 06:47:10 PM »
That's what the FA on the flight told me as well, that it was physically impossible for us to run that far in such a short period of time.  They even rebooked us on the next flight which wouldn't have gotten us to TLV on time for Shavuos.

But she's never seen us run though  :D
Perhaps it was a 15 minute run.  It's not the first "impossible" connection that I've made.

I've done impossible connections before, i made 4 mins from lounge in the a/b terminal till gate e53 in zrh, so, the answer, yes SF is right, and yes, sometimes there is kvitsas haderech.

Offline Eli

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2010, 07:11:21 PM »
So to sum it up, I get off the plane, ask to be transported to the FCT, if the response is "What!?" then I walk with my wife outside the airport (meaning go through immigration and customs) walk out the front door, make a left, walk for about 5 minutes while hugging the building on my left, and miraculously this will appear?

http://www.loungeguide.net/wiki2/images/8/85/Fra_lh_terminal_outside.JPG
-Eli

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2010, 10:13:15 PM »
So to sum it up, I get off the plane, ask to be transported to the FCT, if the response is "What!?" then I walk with my wife outside the airport (meaning go through immigration and customs) walk out the front door, make a left, walk for about 5 minutes while hugging the building on my left, and miraculously this will appear?

http://www.loungeguide.net/wiki2/images/8/85/Fra_lh_terminal_outside.JPG
Something along those lines, although the First Class checkin in the regular terminal will know about the FCT and can probably arrange transportation.

When you walk to the FCT you arrive downstairs where there's no main entrance.  You need to ring a bell IIRC and they'll come open the door a few minutes later.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2010, 03:13:25 AM »
This hugging the building to the left is correct, and once you have reached the end of the building, you just carry on straight for some 100 yards, and yes, it will magically appear.
I've posted on DD somewhere a pic of the building.

However, I doubt you will get transportation till the fct, and depending on where your plane drops you, you might have a long walk till the place where you exit the terminal.

(The idea of the fct is meant for people making their check-in in FRA, hence its location)

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2010, 05:18:41 AM »
(The idea of the fct is meant for people making their check-in in FRA, hence its location)
Or for people who have a 6 hour layover and have arranged to have Kosher food brought to the FCT for them.
-Eli

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2010, 05:35:29 AM »
Or for people who have a 6 hour layover and have arranged to have Kosher food brought to the FCT for them.

No, you can have your kosher meal delivered to any fcL

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2010, 06:31:24 AM »
That wasn't my point.
-Eli

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2010, 01:32:46 PM »
So what is your point?

You tell them you deserve to go to the lounge, they send you to the closest fcl.

You want kosher meal, they will deliver it to your chosen lounge.

Under what pretext will you convince them to bring you to the fct?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2010, 01:33:57 PM »
So what is your point?

You tell them you deserve to go to the lounge, they send you to the closest fcl.

You want kosher meal, they will deliver it to your chosen lounge.

Under what pretext will you convince them to bring you to the fct?
You want a sleeping room.

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2010, 01:54:01 PM »
Good try, they have this also in fcl.

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2010, 02:00:17 PM »
Umm...because I'm flying First Class...isn't that enough?
-Eli

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2010, 02:02:18 PM »
Good try, they have this also in fcl.
You want to sample at least 10 different $200+ scotches  :D

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2010, 02:02:32 PM »
Umm...because I'm flying First Class...isn't that enough?
Sure, but possibly not enough to get a ride.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2010, 02:04:21 PM »
You want a sleeping room.

great way to keep under the radar, tell the Germans some Lame excuse (even if its true) and feed them some more reasons to Love Us. Id say come up with something alot better and believable or simply dont press the issue with them.

No problem asking but if they dont jump and say OK we will transport you and if you look very Jewish Id say start a walkin or go to another Lounge, rather then brow beat them and come up with lines to try and get ones way and to keep the old lines about Jews alive and well

Offline SuperFlyer

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2010, 02:07:18 PM »
First Class isn't enough, you have to explain to them that its an award tix.
If this isn't enough, tell you bought the miles, so you will leave them speechless.

Basically, you ask them to bring you to bring you outside the airport, and then back in.

Its just interesting to see this fct, but lemaase luxury wise, if you eat kosher, its all the same thing.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2010, 02:26:52 PM »
great way to keep under the radar, tell the Germans some Lame excuse (even if its true) and feed them some more reasons to Love Us. Id say come up with something alot better and believable or simply dont press the issue with them.

No problem asking but if they dont jump and say OK we will transport you and if you look very Jewish Id say start a walkin or go to another Lounge, rather then brow beat them and come up with lines to try and get ones way and to keep the old lines about Jews alive and well
Why is that lame???
I slept for a good few solid hours after waking at at 3AM in VCE to catch a flight to FRA with a 6 hour connection.

Personally I just walked after a few LH employees denied the very existence of a FCT and a "TSA" type person even laughed when I suggested there was such a thing as a terminal just for First Class folk.
Kind of bizzarro truthfully.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2010, 02:39:34 PM »
Why is that lame???
I slept for a good few solid hours after waking at at 3AM in VCE to catch a flight to FRA with a 6 hour connection.

Personally I just walked after a few LH employees denied the very existence of a FCT and a "TSA" type person even laughed when I suggested there was such a thing as a FCT.
Kind of bizzarro truthfully.

we were talking about brow beating the Germans into providing transport to the Lounge, and reread what I posted, to start a walkin = ask if told no dont stand there and try to think of things to get them to do it as most likely a person will say things that make no sense and the agents arent Stupid and will come to the conclusion that you are simply trying to get something you arent entitled to and simply Lying thru your teeth to achieve that

sort of when a person gave an excuse why they didnt do their homework, yea the dog might have actually ate it but dont say that, as most likely it will fall on deaf ears. So here you are gonna tell the agent see Im exhausted I just came off a 9 hr flight and even thou I was in FC or Biz I didnt sleep a wink since I wanted to get my moneys worth out of the service and watch as many movies as I could. Even if its True would you if you were the agnet believe it,I wouldnt. In Elis case its a 4 hr flight from TLV that leaves at 5am do U really think they would think you didnt sleep at all

Im not saying dont go there, all Im saying is dont make a FOOL out of oneself with the reasons you tell them why they should supply transport for you, especially if as SF says what ever you can get there you can get in the other lounges

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2010, 03:00:15 PM »
we were talking about brow beating the Germans into providing transport to the Lounge, and reread what I posted, to start a walkin = ask if told no dont stand there and try to think of things to get them to do it as most likely a person will say things that make no sense and the agents arent Stupid and will come to the conclusion that you are simply trying to get something you arent entitled to and simply Lying thru your teeth to achieve that

sort of when a person gave an excuse why they didnt do their homework, yea the dog might have actually ate it but dont say that, as most likely it will fall on deaf ears. So here you are gonna tell the agent see Im exhausted I just came off a 9 hr flight and even thou I was in FC or Biz I didnt sleep a wink since I wanted to get my moneys worth out of the service and watch as many movies as I could. Even if its True would you if you were the agnet believe it,I wouldnt. In Elis case its a 4 hr flight from TLV that leaves at 5am do U really think they would think you didnt sleep at all

Im not saying dont go there, all Im saying is dont make a FOOL out of oneself with the reasons you tell them why they should supply transport for you, especially if as SF says what ever you can get there you can get in the other lounges
The FCL pales in comparison to the FCT.  Everything is much nicer and over-the-top in the FCT from the scotches to the amenities, to the food and fruit, to the facilities, etc.

And the Germans in the lounges were some of the nicest people I've ever encountered on this planet.  They went completely out of their way from the staff, to chauffeur, to the FA's and pilot, to keep my trip itinerary a secret from my wife.  And they upgraded us even though US doesn't allow changes post-departure and no business inventory was open for awards.
They chauffeur you from the lounge to the plane without asking, so I'm sure it's only a matter of finding the right agent to get a ride to the FCT.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 03:03:16 PM by Dan »

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2010, 03:25:14 PM »
The FCL pales in comparison to the FCT.  Everything is much nicer and over-the-top in the FCT from the scotches to the amenities, to the food and fruit, to the facilities, etc.

And the Germans in the lounges were some of the nicest people I've ever encountered on this planet.  They went completely out of their way from the staff, to chauffeur, to the FA's and pilot, to keep my trip itinerary a secret from my wife.  And they upgraded us even though US doesn't allow changes post-departure and no business inventory was open for awards.
They chauffeur you from the lounge to the plane without asking, so I'm sure it's only a matter of finding the right agent to get a ride to the FCT.

Im not talking against the German agents, nor putting them down either. Nor did I say it doesnt pay to go to that Lounge (I havnet been in it and the few times Ive been thru FRA it was just enough time to daven and time for my connecting flight, just the way I LOVE it to be, but thats Me).

My pt was its OK to ask and say , excuse I we are looking to get to the FCT is there a way to get there other then walking there, does LH supply a means of transport. If they say yes Great go for it, if they say what are U talking about theres no such lounge or no we dont supply transport. Simply say Thank You and head on over on your own 2 feet. If they ask why do U want to go there when there are Lounges in here Dedicated for you, you can tell them something but it shouldnt be Lame like oh I heard its much nicer over there, or I want to try 100 different top Scotches or I want to get my moneys worth out of my tkt. After all its not meant as a Transit Lounge

It seems its really acheck-in Lounge and at some Airports once you tell them you want to Exit the Secure area look at.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 03:36:05 PM by steve2 »