Author Topic: BEDBUGS @ 5 star SPG Le Meridien  (Read 17715 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: BEDBUGS @ 5 star SPG Le Meridien
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2012, 12:50:13 PM »
why?

Leverage. Once you've reported to TA they have no (or less) incentive to compensate you adequately. Disagree?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2012, 12:52:01 PM »
Leverage. Once you've reported to TA they have no (or less) incentive to compensate you adequately.

precisely.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2012, 12:55:28 PM »
Leverage. Once you've reported to TA they have no (or less) incentive to compensate you adequately. Disagree?
Can't you modify a TA posting?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2012, 12:57:10 PM »

Perhaps, but I still feel it's best not to post it first.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2012, 12:59:20 PM »

What if you could? What's the advantage to posting and then modifying that couldn't be accomplished by not posting?

And, once it on the net, people see it, could copy it, refer to it, it's just a mess.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline mb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2012, 03:46:06 PM »

Offline BrooklynCPA

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2012, 04:23:58 PM »
When I was there I dealt directly with the General Manager, Marcel Lévy, who gave me a nice upgrade. Is he still the GM there?

Offline mb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2012, 04:33:20 PM »
When I was there I dealt directly with the General Manager, Marcel Lévy, who gave me a nice upgrade. Is he still the GM there?

Yes, he is. He was either "meeting with a client" or "not in yet" - they mentioned both as excuses.

Offline rots5

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2012, 02:05:15 PM »
outcome?!
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline mb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2012, 02:17:43 PM »
outcome?!

I spoke with LHW and they had me e-mail the relationship manager to open an official complaint.  They responded that they will follow the outcome of my complaint, but since the reservation was made through SPG and not them, they cannot do anything.

The hotel manager, Marcel Levy, responded to my official complaint with SPG and advised that he's away on holiday, that they are "quarantining" the room and he will get back to me.  I responded that I will await his response and hope they will handle the situation to my satisfaction.

Is there anything else I should do?  E-mail Visa Signature Hotels (they're part of them too...)?  Be firmer?  Threaten the TripAdvisor card (I haven't mentioned that since I said it in person to the on site manager)?

Offline WhyAich

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2012, 02:30:59 PM »
I spoke with LHW and they had me e-mail the relationship manager to open an official complaint.  They responded that they will follow the outcome of my complaint, but since the reservation was made through SPG and not them, they cannot do anything.

this is BS....
For great Airfare deals - PLEASE contact me via PM or email: whyaich@gmail.com

Offline mb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2012, 06:14:12 PM »
this is BS....

Here's the exact email...

First of all, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent experience at the Hotel Eden, Rome, Italy.

As we neither own, operate or manage any of our member hotels, and I could not find any record that you confirmed your room reservation via one of the booking channels for The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd., I have forwarded your comments and concerns to Mr. Marcel Levy, General Manager, asking him to look into the matter and reply directly to you with a copy to my attention for our records.  I trust you will hear from his shortly or as soon as his investigate of the matter is complete.

Also, and if I understand correctly, you confirmed your room reservation using Starwood Cash and Points, therefore you also may want to forward a copy of your correspondence to Starwood Hotels & Resorts -- the parent/management company for Hotel Eden Le Meridien in Rome.   

We were indeed sorry to learn of your unfortunate experience at the hotel.   We are truly committed to providing our customers with the highest level of accommodations and service and regret that this was not the case on your recent visit to the hotel.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your comments and concerns with us and for your valued patronage of The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd.

Offline smart brit

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2012, 01:00:34 AM »
Yes, because usually the bugs check tripadvisor before they chose a hotel.
LOL

Offline smart brit

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2012, 01:07:47 AM »
If it was america im sure it wudda been handled differently. But i hope u will be compensated accordingly. Thanks for lettin us know which hotel, even though now im scared to go to hotels for this reason!!
Thats because when boiling water spilled on someone in starbucks (i'm not sure) there was a lawsuit for $1m.
Not trying to give them right but the american way has put every business, doctor etc in a position that is not good for them nor the customer IMO

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2012, 01:09:41 AM »
Not trying to give them right but the american way has put every business, doctor etc in a position that is not good for them nor the customer IMO

But it's good for the lawyers and the insurers.

Offline shmuelb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Plat, AAdvantage, Elal Matmid, Southwest, Delta Silver Medallion Skymiles, Hertz #1 Gold 5 Star, National Emerald Club Executive.
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2012, 07:43:37 AM »

But you are still living in the States, so overall is it better than the Great Kingdom?  :-X
siyag lachachma :-)

Offline LWG

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
BEDBUGS @ 5 star SPG Le Meridien
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2012, 08:52:35 AM »
I awoke tonight in the middle of the night in my Le Meridien hotel room (8,000 points and $150 per night BTW) feeling itchy all over my body. After I turned on the lights, I saw little bugs and even spots of blood in various places throughout the bed - clearly a case of bedbugs.

I called the front desk who immidiately sent someone up with keys for another room and I told them I'm leaving my belongings in the original room (bc I wasn't interested in packing in the middle of the night...) I offered to show the person the bugs, but they seemed to be familiar with the problem, and just said its not necessary.

My question is as follows. At a 5 star Le Meridian hotel where hotel rooms cost $500+/night, what should I get for this?  Tomorrow morning, I'm going to make a big issue to the hotel manager, but what should I ask for? Is asking for SPG platinum realistic? More than that too? I took pictures as proof and they definitely don't want those all over the internet...

Please chime in!  This literally just happened...

This happened to us as well!!! They definitely are familiar and I had the same question!! The managers are extremely unhelpful (they only offer free breakfast and such) but SPG are a lot better and will credit you the points (if you have an SPG account) - calling after is definitely worth it.
Sorry you had to go through that , it's disgusting a and makes you paranoid about all your rooms.....also just ruins some of ur relaxation from your vacation...
Hope u get compensated! :)

Offline LWG

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
BEDBUGS @ 5 star SPG Le Meridien
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2012, 08:55:58 AM »
Here's the exact email...

First of all, thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent experience at the Hotel Eden, Rome, Italy.

As we neither own, operate or manage any of our member hotels, and I could not find any record that you confirmed your room reservation via one of the booking channels for The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd., I have forwarded your comments and concerns to Mr. Marcel Levy, General Manager, asking him to look into the matter and reply directly to you with a copy to my attention for our records.  I trust you will hear from his shortly or as soon as his investigate of the matter is complete.

Also, and if I understand correctly, you confirmed your room reservation using Starwood Cash and Points, therefore you also may want to forward a copy of your correspondence to Starwood Hotels & Resorts -- the parent/management company for Hotel Eden Le Meridien in Rome.   

We were indeed sorry to learn of your unfortunate experience at the hotel.   We are truly committed to providing our customers with the highest level of accommodations and service and regret that this was not the case on your recent visit to the hotel.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your comments and concerns with us and for your valued patronage of The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd.

Like I said, they are TERRIBLE, only go through SPG - they're great and will compensate you (points) probably completely!

Offline mb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2012, 10:03:55 AM »
This happened to us as well!!! They definitely are familiar and I had the same question!! The managers are extremely unhelpful (they only offer free breakfast and such) but SPG are a lot better and will credit you the points (if you have an SPG account) - calling after is definitely worth it.
Sorry you had to go through that , it's disgusting a and makes you paranoid about all your rooms.....also just ruins some of ur relaxation from your vacation...
Hope u get compensated! :)

Was it the same hotel by any chance? Hotel Eden le meridien in Rome??

Offline doodley

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile