Author Topic: BEDBUGS @ 5 star SPG Le Meridien  (Read 17720 times)

Offline LWG

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
BEDBUGS @ 5 star SPG Le Meridien
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2012, 02:05:53 PM »
Was it the same hotel by any chance? Hotel Eden le meridien in Rome??

It was actually a different Le Meridian- I read the post wrong originally. But maybe it's a theme with their hotels!
Did you get compensation from SPG?

Offline BrooklynCPA

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: BEDBUGS @ 5 star SPG Le Meridien
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2012, 10:49:29 AM »
@MB, Any updates?

Offline mb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2012, 07:50:34 PM »
@MB, Any updates?

Now here's a serious update...

Over the past 2 weeks, I have disputed the charge on my amex for the hotel stay, filed complaints with both LHW and SPG - all of which have really only resulted in multiple correspondences with the hotel GM who hired a bedbug company to "qaurentine" the room etc (and of course "they found nothing").

Anyway, this morning, as I was replying to the latest email from them, I was about to comment that they've never received any negative complaints about bedbugs on Tripadvisor and that having one won't be something that's exactly good for business...

Just to double check before sending my email, I decided to check tripadvisor if there were any past bedbug claims. And there it was!! Rest assured!! ANOTHER traveler had bedbugs at the same hotel, 4 days after we checked out!!

My email changed after seeing that... Twice in one week by two different travelers...

Will advise what happens next

Offline mek

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2012, 09:02:16 PM »
whoa! hope that doesnt make you lose any leverage

Offline DrDanny

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2012, 09:43:22 PM »
I doubt it I can't imagine they'll give up hope on getting positive reviews just because one complaint
Maybe they'll even be nicer as now it will sound like they're infested with them

Offline mb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2012, 10:12:26 PM »
I doubt it I can't imagine they'll give up hope on getting positive reviews just because one complaint
Maybe they'll even be nicer as now it will sound like they're infested with them

I'm with you. I still have not posted a review on TA... And this other occurence just made my case that much more legitimate!

Offline BrooklynCPA

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2012, 10:52:46 AM »
I'm with you. I still have not posted a review on TA... And this other occurence just made my case that much more legitimate!

+1

One isolated report is not nearly as devastating as 2 reports in a row. If I saw 2 reports and was considering between Eden, St. regis or Westin I would definitely stay far away from Eden!

Offline rots5

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2012, 03:01:53 PM »
+1

One isolated report is not nearly as devastating as 2 reports in a row. If I saw 2 reports and was considering between Eden, St. regis or Westin I would definitely stay far away from Eden!

+1  it now sounds as if its real, and  there really is an issue, and now you have even more leverage, that its not made up
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline mb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2012, 08:16:55 PM »
Conclusion

After numerous correspondences with the hotel manager, I decided to deal directly with corporate.  I was referred to someone in the Consumer Affairs division with whom I dealt with to settle the issue.

In the end, the hotel was forced to refund me all the cash and points used for my stay and Starwood awarded me an additional 20,000 Starpoints as a "goodwill gesture."  I tried pushing for more, but they were pretty firm in sticking with this offer.

I guess it's better than nothing!

Offline ShmuliT

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 21
    • View Profile
BEDBUGS @ 5 star SPG Le Meridien
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2012, 09:05:45 PM »
You still plan on writing a TA review?

Offline mb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2012, 10:22:16 PM »
You still plan on writing a TA review?

I think not...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2012, 10:23:09 PM »
I think not...
Why not? Unless they insisted you not write in order to get that comp. I would.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline JEWDA

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2012, 10:24:27 PM »
Why not? Unless they insisted you not write in order to get that comp. I would.
you don't think they could shut his account?
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2012, 10:29:45 PM »
you don't think they could shut his account?
For what?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline mb

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2012, 11:04:26 PM »
For what?

Shutting the account isn't my concern; losing those points is!  Also, I'd be afraid that they'd "flag" my account or something which would effect my future hotel stays...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2012, 11:13:14 PM »
Shutting the account isn't my concern; losing those points is!  Also, I'd be afraid that they'd "flag" my account or something which would effect my future hotel stays...
Meh. Unless they told you that you can't post or that was implicit in the agreement then flame away IMHO.

Offline Yeki89

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2012, 11:20:49 AM »
so open an account under ur wifes name, transfer the points, and leave your feedback.

Offline BrooklynCPA

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2012, 01:01:48 PM »
Doesn't seem like you were fairly compensated, Its a no brainer that you should get your cash and points back from your actual stay, so all you really got compensated for was 20K starpoints. The value of what you had to lay out with all the damage, not to mention aggravation, is worth a lot more than that. Also, the hotel didn't do the right thing on their own until they were forced by Starwood. They should have given you your money back right away and offered you another free stay to make up for what they put you though.

I think you should definitely write a full review and go through the timeline of correspondence and how you were finally compensated.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 01:05:32 PM by BrooklynCPA »

Offline daganster

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2012, 01:19:25 PM »
Doesn't seem like you were fairly compensated, Its a no brainer that you should get your cash and points back from your actual stay, so all you really got compensated for was 20K starpoints. The value of what you had to lay out with all the damage, not to mention aggravation, is worth a lot more than that. Also, the hotel didn't do the right thing on their own until they were forced by Starwood. They should have given you your money back right away and offered you another free stay to make up for what they put you though.

I think you should definitely write a full review and go through the timeline of correspondence and how you were finally compensated.
I agree! You weren't complaining about a small inconvenience, which may debatable whether compensation is justified or not, you complained about a serous matter which should have been dealt with very seriously. The fact that the hotel turned it in to a joke is unjustifiable. Quite frankly you couldn't pay me enough to sleep with bedbugs and 20k starpoints isn't that much, so with all that being said I think that tee hotel deserves the terrible publicity you should give them and as much as I like SPG and wouldn't give them kudos for handling this matter. 

Offline springles

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2012, 01:22:36 PM »
I agree! You weren't complaining about a small inconvenience, which may debatable whether compensation is justified or not, you complained about a serous matter which should have been dealt with very seriously. The fact that the hotel turned it in to a joke is unjustifiable. Quite frankly you couldn't pay me enough to sleep with bedbugs and 20k starpoints isn't that much, so with all that being said I think that tee hotel deserves the terrible publicity you should give them and as much as I like SPG and wouldn't give them kudos for handling this matter.
Its not so much about punishing the hotel but more about warning other customers.  I would write it in a way thats not outright flaming them but just cautioning people that they had this issue.  Maybe they addressed it and maybe not, but people should be aware.