Author Topic: upgrading from amex mb platinum to regular platinum (not a typo)  (Read 932 times)

Offline chaimaron

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I was just logged into my amex acct i have spg, prg ,and recently got the mb plat 50,000 i saw on top of my acct an offer to upgrade to plat and receive 25,000mr points with first purchase i clicked on it thinking it was for the prg but when i did  it said u have 2 cards available to be upgraded, the mb plat or the prg so i picked the mb plat wich i was going to cancel or downgrade soon anyways  and will be charged a pro rated fee on it prob 50 bucks  had a little more than a month (in the terms and conditions it said i will be charged a pro rated fee on each)  and after i make another purchase with new card will cancel or downgrade but not sure if i wiill have to pay the pro rated fee on the second one if i cancel within 60 days of it posting any experience here? just thought i would share this its pretty cool

Offline compddd

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: upgrading from amex mb platinum to regular platinum (not a typo)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 03:33:27 PM »
I've never heard of the PRG being offered 25k to upgrade to plat. Only Business Gold to Business Plat

Offline Centurion

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: spg plat,avis pres ,hertz plat ,AAexcutime, delta plat,hilton gold, united
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 11:51:35 PM »
i actually (7 years ago) was offered 50k to become gold and i was platinum.. i took the offer then called 3 months later and got another 10k for upgrading to platinum
you can only make a first impression ONCE

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 11:52:42 PM »
I was just logged into my amex acct i have spg, prg ,and recently got the mb plat 50,000 i saw on top of my acct an offer to upgrade to plat and receive 25,000mr points with first purchase i clicked on it thinking it was for the prg but when i did  it said u have 2 cards available to be upgraded, the mb plat or the prg so i picked the mb plat wich i was going to cancel or downgrade soon anyways  and will be charged a pro rated fee on it prob 50 bucks  had a little more than a month (in the terms and conditions it said i will be charged a pro rated fee on each)  and after i make another purchase with new card will cancel or downgrade but not sure if i wiill have to pay the pro rated fee on the second one if i cancel within 60 days of it posting any experience here? just thought i would share this its pretty cool
was there a link by any chance?