Author Topic: Mechanic in Lakewood  (Read 19651 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Mechanic in Lakewood
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2018, 07:57:46 AM »
he does oil changes which has to be emptied too
Not the same
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2018, 08:19:17 AM »
If it's the fuel pump which needs to be replaced, then don't know if a come 2 u mechanic will work.(as it's under the fuel tank, meaning needs to emptied and removed.)
What type of car? How do you know it is the fuel pump?
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2018, 10:16:18 AM »
he does oil changes which has to be emptied too
Lol, one is a few liters, and one is 25 gallons of Gasoline.
Not the same
Yup, smart man.

What type of car? How do you know it is the fuel pump?
@ChaimMoskowitz  Here's my basic troubleshooting...

Couldn't get it to start, I tried the battery, but that was fine,there's 3 things that needs to happen to start an engine, the combustion with air and gas and a spark, so checked the spark plugs and seemed fine, the air filter I checked was fine,took it out and tried to start the engine,that didn't help. And lastly the gas which has a fuel pump which is suppose to pump fuel when the car is started, meaning when you crank the engine,as soon as you turn the key you allow a bit of gas to nourish the engine and keep it running after the additional crank.
 So to diagnose what the problem may be, I bought a bottle of starter fluid which is basically a combination of imitation gasoline in a spray can or some chemical that acts like gas and you spray it in through the intake valve where the air filter is, and then while spraying the starter fluid and the crank(turn of the key) the engine should start, and that's exactly what happened, but as soon as I stopped spraying the starter fluid the engine turned off on me, and then to check further that it's not a relay fuse or a regular fuse, I went through the manual to find all the fuses related to the gas and fuel intake and pump.
 That was fine and then we did a test after removing some car components to test the pressure in the fuel line, and came back with barely any psi (pressure) so from all the basic diagnostics it seems the fuel pump would be the problem, and to get to the fuel pump, either you have to loosen the belts off the fuel tank or cut a whole from the top of the van and change it like that and then re-seal the hole you cut to change the fuel pump.(;) )

And it's a Chevrolet Express 2500, Year-2010. 6.0L and V8 Engine.

If you think it might be something else I would love to hear.

Called 3 mechanics, they all said they're closed today,as the workers didn't show up today! :), so I guess will call AAA to tow to local mechanic and have the shop fix it tom. When they're open.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2018, 12:41:33 PM »
You need to make sure the fuel pump is getting power. You start at the fuel pump relay.

Offline Zevi16

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2018, 01:12:24 PM »
Lol, one is a few liters, and one is 25 gallons of Gasoline. Yup, smart man.
 @ChaimMoskowitz  Here's my basic troubleshooting...

Couldn't get it to start, I tried the battery, but that was fine,there's 3 things that needs to happen to start an engine, the combustion with air and gas and a spark, so checked the spark plugs and seemed fine, the air filter I checked was fine,took it out and tried to start the engine,that didn't help. And lastly the gas which has a fuel pump which is suppose to pump fuel when the car is started, meaning when you crank the engine,as soon as you turn the key you allow a bit of gas to nourish the engine and keep it running after the additional crank.
 So to diagnose what the problem may be, I bought a bottle of starter fluid which is basically a combination of imitation gasoline in a spray can or some chemical that acts like gas and you spray it in through the intake valve where the air filter is, and then while spraying the starter fluid and the crank(turn of the key) the engine should start, and that's exactly what happened, but as soon as I stopped spraying the starter fluid the engine turned off on me, and then to check further that it's not a relay fuse or a regular fuse, I went through the manual to find all the fuses related to the gas and fuel intake and pump.
 That was fine and then we did a test after removing some car components to test the pressure in the fuel line, and came back with barely any psi (pressure) so from all the basic diagnostics it seems the fuel pump would be the problem, and to get to the fuel pump, either you have to loosen the belts off the fuel tank or cut a whole from the top of the van and change it like that and then re-seal the hole you cut to change the fuel pump.(;) )

And it's a Chevrolet Express 2500, Year-2010. 6.0L and V8 Engine.

If you think it might be something else I would love to hear.

Called 3 mechanics, they all said they're closed today,as the workers didn't show up today! :), so I guess will call AAA to tow to local mechanic and have the shop fix it tom. When they're open.
IINM a fuel pump issue mainly causes the car not to be able to start after filling up with gas. Or the car would suddenly turn off when I was fill up.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2018, 01:15:47 PM »
IINM a fuel pump issue mainly causes the car not to be able to start after filling up with gas. Or the car would suddenly turn off when I was fill up.
No.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2018, 01:19:50 PM »
You need to make sure the fuel pump is getting power. You start at the fuel pump relay.
There's 5 alike fuses in the fuse box, swapped them all around, but no luck.

Car won't start without any fuel pulling towards the engine.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2018, 01:21:33 PM »
Is there any way to test those relay fuses? A multi meter? Or is there a special tool to test with? (aside for swapping for a good one and playing trial and error.)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2018, 01:32:10 PM »
Is there any way to test those relay fuses? A multi meter? Or is there a special tool to test with? (aside for swapping for a good one and playing trial and error.)
You can test if the relay is getting the signal (power) from the PCM by removing the relay and using a multi meter. The relay should have a diagram on it for the pin out. Signal should be on for a couple of seconds when you turn the key on. Signal should also be present the whole time you are cranking the engine.
To test if the relay is actually closing and sending power to the fuel pump is not so easy. You would need a breakout socket as the relay needs to be plugged in for this test. Or you need to have access to the wiring going to the fuel pump.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2018, 02:46:05 PM »
You can test if the relay is getting the signal (power) from the PCM by removing the relay and using a multi meter. The relay should have a diagram on it for the pin out. Signal should be on for a couple of seconds when you turn the key on. Signal should also be present the whole time you are cranking the engine.
To test if the relay is actually closing and sending power to the fuel pump is not so easy. You would need a breakout socket as the relay needs to be plugged in for this test. Or you need to have access to the wiring going to the fuel pump.
I guess I will just wait for tomorrow to have the mechanic take a look and fix what's needed.

Offline gingyguy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2018, 02:49:06 PM »
not in my experience. it can just go out of the bue
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2018, 02:54:09 PM »
I guess I will just wait for tomorrow to have the mechanic take a look and fix what's needed.
I need to move to NY and open up an all-around basic fixit shop.  :)

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2018, 02:55:59 PM »
not in my experience. it can just go out of the bue
Can go out any second, just needs to stop sending fuel to the engine and the car will stall on you. By me it wouldn't start, somehow doesn't have the ability to create a new lead of gas to the engine, but while the engine was running it somehow worked!
 Seems that driving a car with low fuel, Or Gasoline contamination can also damage the fuel pump.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2018, 02:57:45 PM »
I need to move to NY and open up an all-around basic fixit shop.  :)
I'll be your first customer, keep me posted on the move date!
 On the other hand,that's why we have you here on DDF. :)

I'm sure you got a YouTube channel with all the fixit tips? Spill the beans...

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2018, 03:05:54 PM »
I'll be your first customer, keep me posted on the move date!
 On the other hand,that's why we have you here on DDF. :)

I'm sure you got a YouTube channel with all the fixit tips? Spill the beans...
Just search for whatever you are looking for. If you have basic mechanical ability you will be able to follow it.

Offline modechai

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2018, 03:14:08 PM »
If it's the fuel pump which needs to be replaced, then don't know if a come 2 u mechanic will work.(as it's under the fuel tank, meaning needs to emptied and removed.)
dependable auto comes to you 7327057019

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2018, 03:18:20 PM »
Just search for whatever you are looking for. If you have basic mechanical ability you will be able to follow it.
There's a gasket on, or rather surrounds the window, which puts pressure on the window pushing it forward to keep all the sound and noise from the vehicle when driving.
 Without looking for a video(As I couldn't find any), I would assume I would need to remove the door panel and then roll the window down and pull off the gasket? And while I'm at it with the door panel removed I would see which motor is for the windows. (the motor died) so if one would accidentally open the window,in order to close it one would place both hands on the window trying to slide it up, but all that did was break the gasket as you end up putting pressure on the gasket,just the opposite of what the gasket is trying to do.
 All you needed to do is have one person on the outside and one in the inside and pull the window button while each one has a hand on the window which would gently pull the window up.
 So now I need a new motor and new gasket. (not to confuse the gasket which goes between the door and car, I referring to the gasket,or the 3 remaining parts that surround the window sweep.
 If you have a video of some sort for a Chevy Express 2010, send it my way. Or I can assume to just remove the door panel and it would be simple to proceed from there?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2018, 03:22:15 PM »
dependable auto comes to you 7327057019
That's maybe what I should do, If I want the repair done today.
 I would assume he has a way to catch all the gasoline from the tank? And he might not have the parts needed as most stores are closed today.
 Or best to wait for tomorrow and see what the mechanic says. Just got it towed to the shop. But now needs to be put in neutral and rolled in.
 Has anyone had experience with such a mechanic on such parts?
 @ChaimMoskowitz what do you suggest?   

Offline Zevi16

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2018, 03:34:59 PM »
Another question for you.
I have a 12 Camry. Out of the blue the seat belt light and air bag light came on and now never goes off. When I put in my seat belt it stops beeping so it obviously senses it but it still keeps flashing and air bag light.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2018, 04:09:55 PM »
Another question for you.
I have a 12 Camry. Out of the blue the seat belt light and air bag light came on and now never goes off. When I put in my seat belt it stops beeping so it obviously senses it but it still keeps flashing and air bag light.
Check the fuses.