Author Topic: Target - Various tabletop games  (Read 378 times)

Offline Randomex

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: MSPaint, Notepad, Firefox, VLC Media Player - Old sig quote was found in Reb Mendel and His Wisdom
Target - Various tabletop games
« on: November 23, 2023, 04:20:46 PM »
There are some games on sale at Target (today is the last day):
(All prices 1 cent higher than actual price.)

$16 Camel Up
A light game about betting on a camel race. The earlier you bet, the less information you have, but the higher the payout if you're right. A movement mechanism in which camels are stacked up when they're in the same space and when they move, they take along any camels stacked on top of them allows for wacky happenings.

$15 Kabuto Sumo Beetle Brawl
Push shapes onto a platform, trying to knock the opposing player's character off. The theme? Anthropomorphic insect wrestlers.

$14 Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle
Also price-matched by Amazon.
HP-themed cooperative deck-building game. Deck-building is a style of game in which each player has a their own deck of cards to use which they can change over the course of the game. Cooperative means all the players win or lose together.
The game introduces new cards each game for the 2nd-7th games, paralleling the books of the series.

$15.20 Star Wars Deck-building Game
2-player deck-building game. One of the twists in this one is that cards are divided into Empire, Rebels, and Neutral, and players can't buy cards aligned with their opponent's faction but can attack such cards to knock them out of the card market and earn a reward.

$7 Green Team Wins
Also price-matched by Amazon.
Party game. In each round, the players simultaneously answer (in writing) a question from a card. (This image demonstrates the 3 kinds of questions.) The players who gave the most common answer get onto the Green Team while the others are put on the obviously vastly inferior Orange Team. Players who were already on the Green Team and remained there earn points.
Note: Each copy allows for 6 players, so get two to play with 7-12, etc.

$9 Patchwork (Americana edition)
2-player game of filling your board with Tetris-ish pieces. Some pieces earn you, at intervals, more of the currency you use to buy the pieces. (Mechanically the same as the normal edition, just with a different look.)

$8.50 Skull King
A trick-taking game in which you predict the number of tricks you'll take and there are a few layers of trump.
(I don't know if it's playable without writing.)
(Trick-taking is the game type that Hearts belongs to, in which rounds consist of the players each playing a
card in turn and one player's card winning; that player collects those cards and then starts the next round.)

$12 Oh No Volcano!
More for younger children.

(Apparently some folks around here like this:
$2.49 Monopoly Deal
A Monopoly-based card game.)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 06:25:54 PM by Randomex »
Do you want to play a board game, digitally or in Lakewood NJ? PM me. (Can be asynchronous, i.e. take turns whenever)

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
  • Programs: MSPaint, Notepad, Firefox, VLC Media Player - Old sig quote was found in Reb Mendel and His Wisdom
Re: Target - Various tabletop games
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2023, 04:29:44 PM »
(Added the Star Wars Deck-building Game. Removed an Amazon link after noticing the item was sold out there.
Added the meaning of "trick-taking.")
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 06:26:19 PM by Randomex »
Do you want to play a board game, digitally or in Lakewood NJ? PM me. (Can be asynchronous, i.e. take turns whenever)

Offline Randomex

• View Profile
Re: Target - Various tabletop games
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 09:08:53 PM »
Green Team Wins is on sale again, this time for $4.91. (Correction: The players who join the Green Team also get a point.)

The Star Wars Deck-Building Game is as well, but not as low as last time - $21.34.

$5.09 Zillionaires Road Trip USA
In this game, players try to get their pieces into 4 spaces in a row on a grid by buying those spaces in auctions.