Author Topic: Why is chase changing the details of my chase freedom credit card?  (Read 1598 times)

Offline Yellow

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I went into chase today to ask about a certain CC issue, and they told me that my chase freedom is changing!
i USED to get 1-3% cashback (3% cashback on the most popular categories in which i spent) but not they changed it that EVERYTHING is only 1% cash back, and now there is a whole points system?
This is frustrating because when i get to 200 dollars in rewards i get a $250 check, and i'm up to $187, after diligently saving- only to find out that they changed their rewards system
This is really annoying to me....
:(
Anyone have this issue with their freedom card?
Is there another card that will give me cash back that i can use when i close this one? (which i want to do ASAP because im annoyed at this whole business)

Offline hocker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: Why is chase changing the details of my chase freedom credit card?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 10:22:43 PM »
old news they are trying to push evey1 into this. call them up & fight with them.

Offline Yellow

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 gold, Accor Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 10:47:05 PM »
really? how can i fight?
I am kind of appalled about this... i mean how can they just change my whole plan?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 10:50:50 PM »
I warned of this a month ago:
http://www.dansdeals.com/forums/index.php?topic=1783.0

This is the inherent problem of proprietary credit card points programs, they can devalue at any time with no consequences.  Just look at Citi thank you points.

If you earn Starpoints if one airline undergoes a devaluation there are dozens more to choose from.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 11:38:59 PM »
Is there another card that will give me cash back that i can use when i close this one? (which i want to do ASAP because im annoyed at this whole business)
try schwab (2% flat on everything, deposited monthly into a schwab one brokerage account)

Offline Yellow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 11:51:54 PM »
Ugh this is awfully annoying!!!!!!
Thanks everyone for responding and I'm really losing faith in chase. I was thinking of opening chase saphire but now I'm thinking of Amex bc chase is begining to bother me lately... Anyhow Amex customer service is much nicer

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 07:33:16 PM »
Fidelity Investments offers an AmEx which gives flat 2 percent. It does not need to go into a FI acct.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline mancunian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 02:33:37 AM »
they started doing this a year ago. i am still on the old plan, i check every once in a while that nothing changed. i just got charged an annual fee for the rewards program $30, wasnt charged last year - maybe it was waived for the first year. i refuse to believe that im losing my freedom!! can i just argue with them that i paid for it - $30? i havent checked my mail in a few weeks - hope nothing cam efrom them

and dan - i wouldnt call it a proprietary rewards program like thank you - its a cash back program which theyre cancelling altogeather. IMHO