Author Topic: Rabbi Marburger Calls Me Out...  (Read 72370 times)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Rabbi Marburger Calls Me Out...
« Reply #200 on: August 21, 2012, 01:26:45 PM »
Listen, in the end of the day I'm moichel the Rabbi. Chassidim don't generally ask mechila as it's obvious that one shouldn't hold a grudge and that every yid is moichel his brother.

Not that I wouldn't mind getting an email or phone call discussing the situation, but that's not something I need.
Kudos.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 21, 2012, 02:17:17 PM »
Listen, in the end of the day I'm moichel the Rabbi. Chassidim don't generally ask mechila as it's obvious that one shouldn't hold a grudge and that every yid is moichel his brother.

Not that I wouldn't mind getting an email or phone call discussing the situation, but that's not something I need.
I respect that, a public mechila!

Offline Lamdan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 21, 2012, 02:22:26 PM »
If someone does something in public, and a Rabbi thinks people will learn from it, and he holds it's a bad thing, I don't think he needs a mechila if he calls the guy out in public, CMIIW.
DD.com Main Site Deals 0 = DDF Loser

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #203 on: August 21, 2012, 02:36:29 PM »
If someone does something in public, and a Rabbi thinks people will learn from it, and he holds it's a bad thing, I don't think he needs a mechila if he calls the guy out in public, CMIIW.
You are wrong on many levels starting with a response I gave before which you ignored.
If someone publicly does something, and someone else says what he did was asur, is that Lashon Hara? I don't think so. Ask your LOR.
You are probably right. Difference being this is far worse than lashon hara because it is motzei shem rah. He made up what Dan's intention was and what he was thinking when he sent out the tweet. Most definitely not being dan li'kav zechus and choshech bi'kesharim. Of course I am saying lashon hara about him but ya...

Offline JEWDA

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #204 on: August 21, 2012, 02:38:51 PM »
You are wrong on many levels starting with a response I gave before which you ignored. You are probably right. Difference being this is far worse than lashon hara because it is motzei shem rah. He made up what Dan's intention was and what he was thinking when he sent out the tweet. Most definitely not being dan li'kav zechus and choshech bi'kesharim. Of course I am saying lashon hara about him but ya...
+1
Plus he said that Elal lost millions of milions of Doallars.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 02:54:23 PM by JEWDA »
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 21, 2012, 02:40:56 PM »
You are wrong on many levels starting with a response I gave before which you ignored. You are probably right. Difference being this is far worse than lashon hara because it is motzei shem rah. He made up what Dan's intention was and what he was thinking when he sent out the tweet. Most definitely not being dan li'kav zechus and choshech bi'kesharim. Of course I am saying lashon hara about him but ya...
What did he say Dan's intention was?

Offline rots5

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
« Reply #206 on: August 21, 2012, 02:41:11 PM »

jay i cant believe you even answered that, no offense, why is he even bashing dan, just say nothing (lamdan) if you feel its wrong...whad you gain about that
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #207 on: August 21, 2012, 02:43:04 PM »
+1
Plus he lied that Elal lost millions of milions of Doallars.
That's too harsh.
He didn't lie, but I don't think he fully understood the facts at hand.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 21, 2012, 02:43:47 PM »
What did he say Dan's intention was?
Are you telling me you didn't even listen to the shiur?! Even if you didn't listen to the shiur it was stated up thread.
jay i cant believe you even answered that, no offense.
Apparently you are more right than I thought.

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 21, 2012, 02:46:11 PM »
Are you telling me you didn't even listen to the shiur?!  Apparently you are more right than I thought.

dude, just stay away from machlokes, just smile and waive, its no use, after this whole thread started to settle down, it just builds up again, lets just agree to disagree, some hold dan was wrong some hold he was right, (and dan and the rabbi have thier own cheshbon on the hashkofo aspect)

Offline elikay

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 21, 2012, 02:49:34 PM »

+1
Plus he lied that Elal lost millions of milions of Doallars.
There he goes again...

Offline elikay

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 21, 2012, 02:52:02 PM »
If someone shoplifts from a store and the publicity results in more profit for the store, would anyone suggest that the person is pattur?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 21, 2012, 02:53:39 PM »
If someone shoplifts from a store and the publicity results in more profit for the store, would anyone suggest that the person is pattur?
lol. Cheftza of the issur and the gavra. You can't mix them. That case is sooo different. I'm not even sure where your logic is going. If you state your full logic in your first post it makes it a lot easier to respond to in general.

Offline Q274

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: barely
« Reply #213 on: August 21, 2012, 03:06:45 PM »
As entertaining and as informtaive as this thread has been- I honestly think it should be deleted, there was A LOT of lashon horah and motzei shem rah going on there, as well as lot of rabbi bashing. As rot said- let's agree to disagree- no need to keep this public anymore.
/2cents

Offline elikay

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 21, 2012, 03:20:00 PM »
As entertaining and as informtaive as this thread has been- I honestly think it should be deleted, there was A LOT of lashon horah and motzei shem rah going on there, as well as lot of rabbi bashing. As rot said- let's agree to disagree- no need to keep this public anymore.
/2cents

+1

Offline shmuelb

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Plat, AAdvantage, Elal Matmid, Southwest, Delta Silver Medallion Skymiles, Hertz #1 Gold 5 Star, National Emerald Club Executive.
« Reply #215 on: August 21, 2012, 05:59:48 PM »
Thanks Dan and everyone. You wrote a nice reply. There is a lot to learn in the sugya.

My suggestion; let's set a date for a seminar and DO in 08701, you will have a big crowd. It is a very warm community, I can hook you up with people there where you could stay without using up points, maybe there are some there from KC. You can meet the Rabbi and have a great conversation with him. It should clear a lot of feelings.

About your house, just was looking to see if the Rabbi wanted to call you, how he might find your number. I failed.

All the Best!!
siyag lachachma :-)

Offline dirah

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 21, 2012, 07:42:35 PM »
Rashbam clearly calls it אונאה:
התנה לו למכור חטים יפות ונמצאו רעות אין זה מקח טעות שיוכלו שניהם לחזור שהרי חטין התנה לו למכור וחטין מכרו ואי משום דרעות נינהו אין זו אלא אונאה כגון אונאת שתות ויכול לוקח לחזור שהרי נתאנה אבל מוכר שלא נתאנה לא יכול לחזור אפי' אם הוקיר השער דבשעת מכירה לא נתאנה הוא אלא לוקח
the whole shayla is regarding whether יחזיר אונאה or not.
See also Shulchan Aruch סימו רל"ג, who writes that it is onaah and only the person who was cheated can be חוזר.
You are confusing two issues.
When you buy one thing (e.g. wheat), and it turns out to be another thing (e.g. barley), there are two problems:
  • That you got a different product than you intended.
  • You paid the wrong price for the product you got (e.g. wheat and barley prices are different).
The Mishna and Shulchan Oruch you quote are discussing both issues, but it is clear that the first problem is called מקח טעות, and the second is called אונאה.
This does not in any way negate my suggestion that knowing the correct price but misstating it is considered מקח טעות, not אונאה.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 07:47:36 PM by dirah »

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 21, 2012, 11:13:17 PM »
jay i cant believe you even answered that, no offense, why is he even bashing dan, just say nothing (lamdan) if you feel its wrong...whad you gain about that
Where did I bash Dan? I am not taking sides, I just don't think he was oiver Lashon Hara. Has this world gone crazy? I'm trying to be dan lekaf zechus a celebrated talmid chacham, and you get mad at me, and accuse me of things I never did!?

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 22, 2012, 01:58:11 AM »
Where did I bash Dan? I am not taking sides, I just don't think he was oiver Lashon Hara. Has this world gone crazy? I'm trying to be dan lekaf zechus a celebrated talmid chacham, and you get mad at me, and accuse me of things I never did!?

didnt mean 'bash' sorry wrong terminology, yes ur right you were defending a talmid chacham, which the gemara says you have to, so im sorry,

all i was saying was, it sounded like it was ok for dan to get the musser, to be the korban for klal yisroel, i was just saying i dont think so  thats all, me mad?! god forbid! im sorry it came across that way! this is a forum to help all, and it irks me to no end that ppl cant fagin dan and even others for success in deals, and anything negative then stay off the sight (im not talking to, just stating!)

i hope this is clear, i was just saying that jay shoulnt fight back; its all leading to way to much machlokes

Offline shmuelb

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Plat, AAdvantage, Elal Matmid, Southwest, Delta Silver Medallion Skymiles, Hertz #1 Gold 5 Star, National Emerald Club Executive.
« Reply #219 on: August 22, 2012, 02:39:55 AM »
Dan, to be moichel is is great. That is what I meant - not to take the road of being offended. I reread the OP, it does not look like he is trashing you, it looks like he is saying something which he knows is a chiddush to his listeners and to you. He is asking you to think about what he is saying and consider his point.

I still think you should go chap a visit to the village.
siyag lachachma :-)