Author Topic: Business Class PHL/NYC-FRA on a domestic *A airline  (Read 1383 times)

Offline Mikeoracle

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Business Class PHL/NYC-FRA on a domestic *A airline
« on: April 12, 2010, 12:11:20 PM »
Anyone has any input on which *A US airline has a better business class from PHL/NYC-FRA and back US,UA or CO? Also what about to ZRH or other Europe stop en route to TLV?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Business Class PHL/NYC-FRA on a domestic *A airline
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 12:17:30 PM »
Singapore flies JFK-FRA
Swiss flies JFK-ZRH
Lufthansa flies from PHL, EWR, and JFK-FRA or MUC.
Turkish flies JFK-IST

Any of those would be quite nice in business.

You have a 50-50 shot on Continental for getting lie-flats on the 777.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Mikeoracle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 12:34:55 PM »
Thanks,
I understand that, but since I am using ANA miles I am trying to minimize the fees they pass on, so  I am trying to use a US carrier TATL and am wondering which one is best between CO, US and UA for Business class.
I am hoping this way the taxes will be much lower than all 4 legs on LH or LX etc... or they might even price the whole itin out as a CO or US itin (that is how it prices out whet I tried a paid booking using CO TATL (1st and last legs, EWR-FRA and FRA-EWR) and then LH FRA-TLV-FRA).
I will call them up to price it but was hoping for input on US carriers for these legs. There are no available direct flights in business for my dates (Lag Bomer) and am considering direct in Economy or with a stop in Business.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 12:38:33 PM »
It's possible that just having 1 leg (PHL-NYC?) on CO/UA/US will bust the fuel surcharge, try a few different itineraries and see what happens.

Also worth noting that Air China and SAS do not have fuel surcharges on award travel.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Mikeoracle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 01:02:34 PM »
So far US PHL-FRA-PHL and LH for FRA-TLV-FRA came to over $600 in fees per ticket! But CO from EWR-FRA-EWR with the same LH to TLV combo comes to $186 per ticket.
I wonder how they came up with these #'s.....

Offline steve2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 04:26:49 PM »
 US non-stop to TLV is a much better seat than COs

US uses a 330-300 & a 330-200 to FRA from PHL although youd probabaly get the old Envoy seating Us now has 3 or 4 planes with the new seats they try to keep them on the TLV flights but the others should get them as well. So Id go for the flight with the 330-200, now the 333 has 6 sleeper seats but they cost more miles then reg Envoy its sort of a cabin by itself eg 1st class, not even sure you can cash in for them if you can that would be the way to do it