Author Topic: Tuxedo for wedding. (in LA) advice please.  (Read 918 times)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Tuxedo for wedding. (in LA) advice please.
« on: August 22, 2012, 10:30:46 AM »
I m looking for a tuxedo for a friends wedding. Are these best to rent or buy? The wedding is in LA, and I won't be arriving till the day of. Anyone know of a place in LA that does fittings in one day? The best option I found so far is Men's warehouse will fit me in NY and I can pick up the same tux and size in LA.

Advice would he great! TIA
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Tuxedo for wedding. (in LA) advice please.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 11:09:07 AM »
Rent vs. Buy --

Often, it makes sense to purchase if you'll use it more than 2-3 times.

Specifics depend on the cost of the rental vs cost of buying, but that's what I've found,
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline shmuelb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Plat, AAdvantage, Elal Matmid, Southwest, Delta Silver Medallion Skymiles, Hertz #1 Gold 5 Star, National Emerald Club Executive.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 03:38:16 PM »
If you will settle on a regular suit, I'd suggest MonteCarlo on Detroit St, right off La Brea and Beverly, next to Cafe Elite, Elite Cuisine etc. It looks like it is still there, on streetview from Jan 2011.

Who are those guys in the parking lot?
siyag lachachma :-)

Offline ganizzy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 05:11:01 PM »
what does a tux cost in downtown la?

i know u can get a childs tux for $20-$40 depending on which store u go to to and how hard u bargain