Author Topic: Iphone backup  (Read 2853 times)

Offline Mutty

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
Iphone backup
« on: October 20, 2013, 01:28:26 PM »
Anyone have experience with a good Iphone (I have the 4s) backup that backs up everything without using ITunes? I always had problems with the ITunes backup, wasn't very reliable at all. I now use the Icloud, but it doesn't back up things that are old, like old notes, that were there before you started using Icloud. I saw online a product called phonecopy. Any one here of it or use it?
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline rots5

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
    • Custom Cakes for Every Occassion
Re: Iphone backup
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 02:28:37 PM »
Anyone have experience with a good Iphone (I have the 4s) backup that backs up everything without using ITunes? I always had problems with the ITunes backup, wasn't very reliable at all. I now use the Icloud, but it doesn't back up things that are old, like old notes, that were there before you started using Icloud. I saw online a product called phonecopy. Any one here of it or use it?
personally i had also so many issues. not only that, but when i did back up i always had issues with the new phone. io decided from now on, to just start new (except contacts) ill re download from my app account on the phone the apps again.
If you have any questions please search and then ask. PM me for detailed help.

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Lifetime Gold; PC Platinum; AccurHotels Platinum; National Executive; Marriot Silver Elite; Hilton Gold; SPG Gold; Hertz #1 Club Gold 5 Star; SixT Platinum; Avis First
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 03:36:33 PM »
personally i had also so many issues. not only that, but when i did back up i always had issues with the new phone. io decided from now on, to just start new (except contacts) ill re download from my app account on the phone the apps again.
Believe it or not my biggest two items are my Notes and then my Phone numbers, in that order. Phone copy (I just got a reply from them) doesn't seem to handle notes. If I decide to switch to a Galaxy, I think they do handle Android notes (that's an android, right?). I can't start from scratch with my notes because I have so many. So if anyone knows of something reliable out there, please let me know.
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 03:37:52 PM »
Believe it or not my biggest two items are my Notes and then my Phone numbers, in that order. Phone copy (I just got a reply from them) doesn't seem to handle notes. If I decide to switch to a Galaxy, I think they do handle Android notes (that's an android, right?). I can't start from scratch with my notes because I have so many. So if anyone knows of something reliable out there, please let me know.
you can email all your notes to your self or back up on icloud and then send them as an attachment. thats what i did with my iphone an android recent switch

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 03:59:43 PM »
you can email all your notes to your self or back up on icloud and then send them as an attachment. thats what i did with my iphone an android recent switch

Can you explain a little more? Icloud won't back up existing notes from before you started using Icloud. Email them to yourself? First of all how and second, it would take a tremendous amount of time if you (that's me) have a lot of notes. And then what. I think I'm just not understanding clearly what you're saying but if it worked for you, please explain. I need it. Thanks.

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 04:03:57 PM »
Can you explain a little more? Icloud won't back up existing notes from before you started using Icloud. Email them to yourself? First of all how and second, it would take a tremendous amount of time if you (that's me) have a lot of notes. And then what. I think I'm just not understanding clearly what you're saying but if it worked for you, please explain. I need it. Thanks.
in short u need to sign into your icloud account and backup JUSt ur contacts and notes. then go onto icloud.com (or something like that) and u should be able to view everything that was saved to icloud there. before u even delete anyhting make sure its all there backed up online.

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 04:10:37 PM »
in short u need to sign into your icloud account and backup JUSt ur contacts and notes. then go onto icloud.com (or something like that) and u should be able to view everything that was saved to icloud there. before u even delete anyhting make sure its all there backed up online.

We might be talking about two different things here. I have an Iphone. On my Iphone are numerous Notes. After already having a large number of notes I decided to backup using Icloud. I'm not getting rid of anything. Icloud will only back up notes that were created after I started using Icloud. My numerous notes that I have (and want to keep) from before using Icloud, won't get backed up to IIcloud. Only the new ones. I need to back up the old ones without having to create new ones to paste and copy old ones for Icloud to back it up. So I'm looking for software that does it, other than ITunes, which never worked properly. Thanks

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 04:12:51 PM »
We might be talking about two different things here. I have an Iphone. On my Iphone are numerous Notes. After already having a large number of notes I decided to backup using Icloud. I'm not getting rid of anything. Icloud will only back up notes that were created after I started using Icloud. My numerous notes that I have (and want to keep) from before using Icloud, won't get backed up to IIcloud. Only the new ones. I need to back up the old ones without having to create new ones to paste and copy old ones for Icloud to back it up. So I'm looking for software that does it, other than ITunes, which never worked properly. Thanks
i think u may be mistaken, i think i cloud can back up previous notes. ibacked up -previous contacts.

why not just call apple, theyll love to help u

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 05:25:15 PM »
i think u may be mistaken, i think i cloud can back up previous notes. ibacked up -previous contacts.

why not just call apple, theyll love to help u
I spoke to ATT and I went on line and that's what they all said.

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 05:30:40 PM »
I spoke to ATT and I went on line and that's what they all said.
i think i said call apple....

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 05:50:26 PM »
i think i said call apple....

I understand and I will. But somewhere on their site (Icloud) I saw the above. I'll give the phone a shot. Thanks

Offline rots5

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 05:56:07 PM »
I understand and I will. But somewhere on their site (Icloud) I saw the above. I'll give the phone a shot. Thanks
gluck! hope it works out

Offline mb1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 06:04:08 PM »
Or you can back up your notes to your email account.

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2013, 07:04:44 PM »
Or you can back up your notes to your email account.
Can you elaborate please?

Offline mb1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2013, 07:23:15 PM »
Can you elaborate please?

Go to settings > mail, contacts, calendars.
Select your email account and turn on "notes."

Offline Mutty

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2013, 08:04:51 PM »
I'll check it out than
Go to settings > mail, contacts, calendars.
Select your email account and turn on "notes."
I'll check it out. Thanks