Author Topic: Sports wagers  (Read 16963 times)

Offline bentch

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Sports wagers
« on: August 23, 2012, 11:46:13 AM »
Anyone know of a)place in israel that accepts sports wagers, b)websites that are legal in the U.S. or c)any places in the U.S. other than Vegas.

Offline Bettracker

• View Profile
Re: Sports wagers
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 06:32:45 PM »
I use a guy in my neighborhood who I've used in the past years & when I was in Israel & outside the Country I sent him the money through paypal & he sent it back as well through paypal. There's also websites that I know people use.
But what I fail to understand is that why are the Browns the favorites in -210 vs. the Eagles who are +175 underdogs & the eagles beat the Patriots last week 27-17 & now they're major underdogs? I fail to understand.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 07:27:16 PM by Bettracker »

Offline mclovin

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 07:09:05 PM »
I use a guy in my neighborhood who I've used in the past years & when I was in Israel I sent him the money through paypal & he sent it back as well through paypal.
But what I fail to understand is that why are the Browns the favorites in -210 vs. the Eagles who are +175 underdogs & the eagles beat the Patriots last week 27-17 & now they're major underdogs? I fail to understand.
what i fail to understand is why u just admitted to making illegal bets

Offline HelpMe

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 07:13:40 PM »
That is why it is called gambling.
"Elvis Has Left The Building"

Offline Bettracker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 07:25:41 PM »
That is why it is called gambling.

No but if know something about sports betting then you know that this does not make much sense & you would like these lines very much. But I'm just trying to understand why the bookmakers would put out these lines. Maybe there's a player injured or traded that I don't know about. That's what I meant when I wrote my question.

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 07:37:27 PM »
Vick told USA Today on Thursday that his bruised ribs are feeling 80 percent three days after he was injured in the Philadelphia Eagles' preseason win over the New England Patriots. That injury came one week after he hurt his thumb in the preseason opener.

Offline Bettracker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 08:00:18 PM »
Vick told USA Today on Thursday that his bruised ribs are feeling 80 percent three days after he was injured in the Philadelphia Eagles' preseason win over the New England Patriots. That injury came one week after he hurt his thumb in the preseason opener.

I understand that. I appreciate it. And Vick only went 6 plays & left in the first quarter! But what I'm saying is that his replacement-Nick Foles did a decent enough job obviously to beat Bill Belichick & the New England Patriots. We're not talking about a mediocre team here. We're talking about a team to get to the Superbowl 2 times in 4 years (yes to lose both-but that's not the point here). So why would you give such a big underdog to a team that has a back up quarterback that plays 3+ quarters & beats the Patriots vs. playing the Cleveland Browns of all teams (yes a way below mediocre team). They haven't made the playoffs in years. & also to comment on your comment with Vick. He said he's feeling 80%. So it's not even a definite that he won't play Friday night.
That's why I'm puzzled that the Eagles are such big underdogs & the Browns are Huge favorites. I don't understand. Still beats me.

Offline HelpMe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 08:03:10 PM »
I don't understand. Still beats me.
Then scratch this game and take another one.

Offline Bettracker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 08:05:44 PM »
Then scratch this game and take another one.

Your theoretically right. But what I'm thinking is that for all the reasons above & some more is why this game is a great game to take.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 08:23:01 PM »
Sports lines have little to do with the game and everything to do with making the most money based on the team's popularity with bettors.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Bettracker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 10:43:09 PM »
Sports lines have little to do with the game and everything to do with making the most money based on the team's popularity with bettors.

So basically your saying that it has to do with how big the media advertises how one team should probably win & be the favorites (& then the bettors/fans start believing the media propaganda)? Do I understand you correctly?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 10:48:33 PM »
So basically your saying that it has to do with how big the media advertises how one team should probably win & be the favorites (& then the bettors/fans start believing the media propaganda)? Do I understand you correctly?
Nope, people bet tend to bet their team, thus the team with more betters tends to be the worse choice as the odds are skewed against them for no reason other than the amount of bettors.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Bettracker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 10:54:45 PM »
Nope, people bet tend to bet their team, thus the team with more betters tends to be the worse choice as the odds are skewed against them for no reason other than the amount of bettors.

So your saying that a lot more people are betting on the Browns more than the Eagles?

Offline robi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 11:11:28 PM »
I understand that. I appreciate it. And Vick only went 6 plays & left in the first quarter! But what I'm saying is that his replacement-Nick Foles did a decent enough job obviously to beat Bill Belichick & the New England Patriots. We're not talking about a mediocre team here. We're talking about a team to get to the Superbowl 2 times in 4 years (yes to lose both-but that's not the point here). So why would you give such a big underdog to a team that has a back up quarterback that plays 3+ quarters & beats the Patriots vs. playing the Cleveland Browns of all teams (yes a way below mediocre team). They haven't made the playoffs in years. & also to comment on your comment with Vick. He said he's feeling 80%. So it's not even a definite that he won't play Friday night.
That's why I'm puzzled that the Eagles are such big underdogs & the Browns are Huge favorites. I don't understand. Still beats me.
they didn't beat belichik or the patriots. They're 1st team couldn't beat the pats back-ups, and they only scored on the patriots 3rd teamers.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, then loved for who I'm not"

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
Sports wagers
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 11:13:14 PM »
they didn't beat belichik or the patriots. They're 1st team couldn't beat the pats back-ups, and they only scored on the patriots 3rd teamers.

Was wondering where u were :D

Offline Bettracker

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 11:16:03 PM »

What do you mean. I'm sorry I don't understand.

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2012, 11:16:54 PM »
What do you mean. I'm sorry I don't understand.

was talking to robi the pats fan  :)

Offline Bettracker

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 11:19:44 PM »
was talking to robi the pats fan  :)

Oh okay. Got it.

But it's still The Patriots & they beat them.

Offline Bettracker

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2012, 11:38:12 PM »
I don't know if anyone paid attention to tonight 3 NFL games. But all 3 games the favorites won buy the margin that they were supposed to plus. So I guess that means the bookmakers are on their game. Good stuff.

Offline robi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 12:46:38 AM »
see you next wed ;)
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, then loved for who I'm not"