Author Topic: Priority Club-Holiday Inn Tiberias  (Read 3095 times)

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Priority Club-Holiday Inn Tiberias
« on: March 28, 2010, 04:50:27 AM »
 Dan, when you stayed at the Holiday Inn in Tiberias last summer, what status did you have with Priority Club that they gave you a choice, if you want the Golan Wing or the Kinneret wing? Is it possible to assume that I would also get a choice? 
 After staying at the hotel, would you give any reason for someone to want the Golan Wing, when you have a choice to look at the beautiful Kinneret?
  Thanks

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Priority Club-Holiday Inn Tiberias
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 10:34:01 PM »
I had no status at the time...a simple unassuming smile did the trick  :)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Deal Guy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 11:53:57 AM »
Thanks Dan.
CHAG SAMEACH!!

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 12:43:40 AM »
Dan, or anyone else who has stayed there....

the reviews on tripadvisor look horrendous. What were your thoughts on the hotel?

Do you think its really worth 15,000 points a night or $90.00?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 03:40:22 AM »
I haven't read the reviews, but it was an insane bargain at $30 for me.
At $90 it's still a fine base for northern Israel, but just realize that it is a nice hike from downtown Tiverya.
Free parking is a nice bonus if you have a car.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 10:46:29 AM »
I haven't read the reviews, but it was an insane bargain at $30 for me.
At $90 it's still a fine base for northern Israel, but just realize that it is a nice hike from downtown Tiverya.
Free parking is a nice bonus if you have a car.
Thanks Dan!
Here are the reviews i saw:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297765-d299136-Reviews-Holiday_Inn_Tiberias-Tiberias_Galilee.html

Does anyone else have experience at this hotel?

Offline ChaimB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 02:24:21 PM »
Thanks Dan!
Here are the reviews i saw:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297765-d299136-Reviews-Holiday_Inn_Tiberias-Tiberias_Galilee.html

Does anyone have experience at this hotel?

Its not The David Citadel , but its not the worst Hotel either. As Dan said its not apart of Hotel row = where the Sheraton was or the restaurant area. But sounds like where Id be resting my head when up North. The price is right.

I decided last min to go to Israel for the last days Yom Tov, I couldnt believe the prices the Hotels were asking, so I ended up in a 4* next to where I wanted to be, its not as  fancy but more then serves my purpose and with Free WiFi, wouldnt eat here on Pesach but Im saving $170 a  night over where I wanted to be.

Id say the same for the HI, most likely you wont be spending much time in the room anyway, so why blow the $$$

The Only question I would ask is Should I use 15k in pts or pay $90?  The answer I think is a personal thing, if you wont use the pts anywhere else or if you will, then will the 15k save you more then $90 if yes and if you arent loaded down with the pts then maybe its best to pay for the room.If you have a nice supply of pts and hardly ever use them and can replenish them with ease then use the pts instead of the $$.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 02:26:39 PM by ChaimB »

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 10:27:01 PM »
Its not The David Citadel , but its not the worst Hotel either. As Dan said its not apart of Hotel row = where the Sheraton was or the restaurant area. But sounds like where Id be resting my head when up North. The price is right.

I decided last min to go to Israel for the last days Yom Tov, I couldnt believe the prices the Hotels were asking, so I ended up in a 4* next to where I wanted to be, its not as  fancy but more then serves my purpose and with Free WiFi, wouldnt eat here on Pesach but Im saving $170 a  night over where I wanted to be.

Id say the same for the HI, most likely you wont be spending much time in the room anyway, so why blow the $$$

The Only question I would ask is Should I use 15k in pts or pay $90?  The answer I think is a personal thing, if you wont use the pts anywhere else or if you will, then will the 15k save you more then $90 if yes and if you arent loaded down with the pts then maybe its best to pay for the room.If you have a nice supply of pts and hardly ever use them and can replenish them with ease then use the pts instead of the $$.

So which hotel are YOU staying in?

Offline ChaimB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 06:06:02 AM »
So which hotel are YOU staying in?

one that none of you guys will but meets my needs and saves me alot of $$ and doesnt charge for WiFi and where at least on pesach i wouldnt eat at either although breakfast is apart of my rate and paid for. its great for 1 person alittle tight for 2 and no way with a baby or kid.