Author Topic: My AirFrance Nightmare  (Read 4965 times)

Offline CholentTheTraveler

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, United, Hertz Gold, SPG Gold
My AirFrance Nightmare
« on: August 28, 2012, 12:02:03 AM »
I recently flew from South Africa to Paris and Paris to the US. One the way to Paris the bassinet with our 3 month old fell in mid flight. I managed to catch it before it fell to the ground so TG she wasn't hurt. It took 30 minutes before a crew attendant addressed our concerns as nobody responded to the call(I got up and dragged one there). He asked me what the big deal was and if he can just put it back(no concern for our baby). When we arrived in the US our stroller(which was checked in at the gate) was missing and nobody quite had a clue where it was and a bag was delayed for 36 hours(no compensation due to living in the US). Our stroller arrived a week later all scratched up and the wheel is acting up(slightly broken).

I filed a complaint 13 days ago and still have not heard back from them. Can anyone suggest what I can do to get this addressed? I am not looking to "milk the cow" but feel compensation for this horrible experience is a must.

Offline EJ

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Re: My AirFrance Nightmare
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 09:42:27 AM »
i just got a check for a geno from the mamzerim

Offline Mordy788

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 01:18:26 PM »
I recently flew from South Africa to Paris and Paris to the US. One the way to Paris the bassinet with our 3 month old fell in mid flight. I managed to catch it before it fell to the ground so TG she wasn't hurt. It took 30 minutes before a crew attendant addressed our concerns as nobody responded to the call(I got up and dragged one there). He asked me what the big deal was and if he can just put it back(no concern for our baby). When we arrived in the US our stroller(which was checked in at the gate) was missing and nobody quite had a clue where it was and a bag was delayed for 36 hours(no compensation due to living in the US). Our stroller arrived a week later all scratched up and the wheel is acting up(slightly broken).

I filed a complaint 13 days ago and still have not heard back from them. Can anyone suggest what I can do to get this addressed? I am not looking to "milk the cow" but feel compensation for this horrible experience is a must.

If the bassinet fell in mid flight and the problem was not addressed, that would be a safety concern and you should notify the Department of transportation. Provide as much detail as possible including your seat number, flight number, etc.

You should definitely take pictures of your damaged stroller and include that in your complaint. I know it is too late now but when you travel internationally and your trip is costing you thousands of dollars, travel insurance is very valuable.
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. –Wayne Gretzky

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 08:26:58 PM »
If the bassinet fell in mid flight and the problem was not addressed, that would be a safety concern and you should notify the Department of transportation. Provide as much detail as possible including your seat number, flight number, etc.

You should definitely take pictures of your damaged stroller and include that in your complaint. I know it is too late now but when you travel internationally and your trip is costing you thousands of dollars, travel insurance is very valuable.
I have insurance and I am not worried about the stroller but it was just adding to the ordeal as is. Guess I shall wait my 30 days and hope for the best.

Offline Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 07:41:10 AM »
Wuzzat?

Offline artcraftcrocs

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: air canada elite
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 09:58:22 AM »
geno=$1000

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 08:24:46 PM »
What was the reason for the check?

Offline artcraftcrocs

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: air canada elite
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 05:26:31 AM »
me and my wife in biz, arrived in tlv they lost all 4 peices took 48 hrs to get to me they gave me $250 p/d p/p. not bad eh?

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 06:34:04 AM »
1) its not a nightmare. Its a bad experience. You dont want to have a real nightmare while flying

2) If a basinett falls down, it would give you about a half a second to catch it, before it hits the ground. you cant react that fast. So I cant see you sitting and watching a movie and it just dropped and you caught it. 

Were you playing around with it? Sounds like it didnt just happen by itself

Offline duvid crockett

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 11:13:02 AM »
1) its not a nightmare. Its a bad experience. You dont want to have a real nightmare while flying

2) If a basinett falls down, it would give you about a half a second to catch it, before it hits the ground. you cant react that fast. So I cant see you sitting and watching a movie and it just dropped and you caught it. 

Were you playing around with it? Sounds like it didnt just happen by itself
Why do u assume that the only way is for it to pop out and fall immediately? Its very possible that something was loose and it moved slowly until it actually fell out. And where are u getting your gravity stats from?? And some people DO have great reflexes? And after you told us that he was watching a movie why don't u share with us what movie he was watching??  Maybe he was actually sitting there looking at his beloved child and thank g-d noticed the bassinet falling out
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 11:16:11 AM by duvid crockett »

Offline Sammy82

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 08:39:38 PM »
Why do u assume that the only way is for it to pop out and fall immediately? Its very possible that something was loose and it moved slowly until it actually fell out. And where are u getting your gravity stats from?? And some people DO have great reflexes? And after you told us that he was watching a movie why don't u share with us what movie he was watching??  Maybe he was actually sitting there looking at his beloved child and thank g-d noticed the bassinet falling out
+1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 10:04:33 PM »
+1

Offline doodley

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 10:02:45 AM »
+1

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 10:33:53 AM »
+1

Anyone else wanna join in the +1 game?

Offline SamDaMan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Re: My AirFrance Nightmare
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 11:40:25 AM »
+1000
But I'm still proud to be from clev!

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2012, 11:42:27 AM »

+1

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2012, 12:25:58 PM »
I was just kiddin around, aight.

Offline Reb Moshe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Turkish GOLD, Aegean GOLD, Hertz presidents circle, AVIS Presidents, Rav Kav Platinum, Hilton Gold
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 11:31:33 PM »
duvidcrockett, you are on the ball EVERY time, i wish more people had the common sense that you add to the great forums.

the +1 were a little over done, but long overdue!

Offline L'Chaim

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2012, 02:31:16 AM »
Chuchem=oiberchuchem

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 02:47:58 AM »
Chuchem=oiberchuchem

Hey, hey, hey... Let's quit the personal attacks, shall we now? chuchem hypothesized that the OP did some thing that he may - or may not - have done. But that is no reason to degenerate to name calling. Let's keep it civil, okay?