Author Topic: "Tricking" fares  (Read 9166 times)

Offline bda

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
"Tricking" fares
« on: August 28, 2012, 09:05:02 AM »
I've tried to understand the thread on FT about tricking fares, and I've gotten a beginners understanding but they talk in code and its difficult to understand. Can anyone offer me some help? What is the "13 miler"?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: "Tricking" fares
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 01:20:38 PM »
"Oh, you have much to learn, my disciple." -- The Fallen.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Galitzyaner

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 01:18:38 AM »
+1 very easy to understand on every level
-1  He's still so vague, trying so hard that us simple folk shouldn't heaven forbid figure out the experts' tricks so easily..
Still seems to be restricted to the cliques.

Suspiciously, I failed to find even a single thread on DDF explaining (ya know well what I mean, with all the meat and potatoes) "fuel dumping"... IMHO this seems to go against the whole modus operandi of DDF. Almost every other scam in the book seems to be unproblematically and eloquently explained in thorough details many times over throughout the forums, yet this one seems to suspiciously go unexplained.  Hhhhmmmmm. ::)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 01:35:11 AM by Galitzyaner »

Offline Saver2000

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 01:35:45 AM »
-1  He's still so vague, trying so hard that us simple folk shouldn't heaven forbid figure out the experts' tricks so easily..

Suspiciously, I failed to find even a single thread on DDF explaining (ya know well what I mean, with all the meat and potatoes) "fuel dumping"... IMHO this seems to go against the whole modus operandi of DDF. Almost every other scam in the book seems to be unproblematically and eloquently explained in thorough details many times over throughout the forums, yet this one seems to suspiciously go unexplained.  Hhhhmmmmm. ::)

Did you see the FD thread on FT? These things are only spoken about in heavy coded language so it doesn't get killed.  Having a thread on ddf wouldn't help bec I would imagine the "knowledgeables" wouldn't discuss anything in simple terms anyways. 

Offline Moishebatchy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 02:27:45 AM »
Did you see the FD thread on FT? These things are only spoken about in heavy coded language so it doesn't get killed.  Having a thread on ddf wouldn't help bec I would imagine the "knowledgeables" wouldn't discuss anything in simple terms anyways.

...and if they did, some idiots in Lakewood and Yerushalayim would find some way to make a buck from the ignorant masses, and plaster the town with flyers promising step-by-step instructions (like they did with the Amex Plat 100k match) and milk it until it dries up. :(

Offline Saver2000

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 02:38:56 AM »
...and if they did, some idiots in Lakewood and Yerushalayim would find some way to make a buck from the ignorant masses, and plaster the town with flyers promising step-by-step instructions (like they did with the Amex Plat 100k match) and milk it until it dries up. :(

Correct.  I'm not bashing the "knowledgeables". I'm agreeing that certain things are meant to be spoken about only in code.

Offline Tzadik Nistar

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 12:12:05 PM »
maybe at the next dansdeals advanced seminar we will get some information about this :)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 03:46:56 PM »
+1

The airline need to make money somehow.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Drago

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 04:05:55 PM »

I'm sure this isn't the only deal not discussed here...

Offline Moishebatchy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »
I'm sure this isn't the only deal not discussed here...

Yes, absolutely. For example, right now the Arzei Habira Makolet is having a sale - 2 bottles of canola oil for 17 NIS. I'm pretty sure I haven't seen that deal discussed anywhere on the forums...

Offline SamDaMan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Re: "Tricking" fares
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 04:46:04 PM »
Yes, absolutely. For example, right now the Arzei Habira Makolet is having a sale - 2 bottles of canola oil for 17 NIS. I'm pretty sure I haven't seen that deal discussed anywhere on the forums...
maybe you should make a thread for deals in EY?
But I'm still proud to be from clev!

Offline Drago

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 04:47:55 PM »

That's not that great. The SuperSol at Maale Adumim had them for 4.5 shekel each, or s/t like that. I saw that when I bought 70 kilo of chicken from them during their price wars with Rami Levi last month.

Offline bda

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 06:16:01 PM »
Well, if anyone can pm me with some good tips when it comes to tricking/fuel dumping , I can barter that in exchange for some poker tips.

Offline JEWDA

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 75
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dansdeals PRESIDENTIAL Platinum Elite, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Avis Presidents Club, King Fisher Silver, Hertz #1 Club President Circle Gold, SIXT Platinum, PC Platinum Elite
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 07:24:56 PM »
Well, if anyone can pm me with some good tips when it comes to tricking/fuel dumping , I can barter that in exchange for some poker tips.
lol
Your Ad Can Be Here! PM For Lowest Rates.

Offline bda

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 08:20:04 PM »
<----- limited set of skills :)