Author Topic: Was Rav Elyashiv murdered??!  (Read 40752 times)

Offline Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
Re: Was Rav Elyashiv murdered??!
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2012, 05:41:00 PM »
The interest of the ex editors of yated (forgot what they call their new paper) is not money. They have an entire agenda to promote, including other gedolim.
Oh. I thought we were talking about people who hijack stuff that started out for a "good" purpose ("kosher" phones, "kosher" bus service to Meron, etc).

Online PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2012, 05:48:40 PM »
Oh. I thought we were talking about people who hijack stuff that started out for a "good" purpose ("kosher" phones, "kosher" bus service to Meron, etc).
I don't think there's money in kosher buses (separation on egged city buses)
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2012, 05:55:51 PM »
I don't think there's money in kosher buses (separation on egged city buses)

I'm not talking about Egged. I'm talking about how around Lag Ba'omer time, suddenly posters go up about how evil Egged is (remember that poster from a few years ago depicting three egged busses with steamroller wheels on the front, driving over hundreds of chareidim?), and "coincidentally" ads go up at the same time from Hoffman, Derech Chaim, Oheiv Kesef, Sonei Egged, Mavet L'egged, Egged Doreset Yeladeinu, etc. as they all come crawling out of the woodwork, promising "kosher" service.

Offline damaxer91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2012, 05:58:58 PM »
...then what is it?

Sorry, Kavod is a factor as well

The thugs who fought El Al "Leman Shabbos Kodesh" got heavy kickbacks to back off and still make occasional threats.

Online PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2012, 06:01:11 PM »
I'm not talking about Egged. I'm talking about how around Lag Ba'omer time, suddenly posters go up about how evil Egged is (remember that poster from a few years ago depicting three egged busses with steamroller wheels on the front, driving over hundreds of chareidim?), and "coincidentally" ads go up at the same time from Hoffman, Derech Chaim, Oheiv Kesef, Sonei Egged, Mavet L'egged, Egged Doreset Yeladeinu, etc. as they all come crawling out of the woodwork, promising "kosher" service.
I didn't say none of it is money. But for example the 'mehadrin' separation does not seem to be motivated by money

The people going around with (fake) videos if R Elayshiv assering sheitels, aren't making money. Perhaps attention, but definitely no kavod.

Anybody remember the anti kugel posters?
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline damaxer91

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2012, 06:05:44 PM »
I didn't say none of it is money. But for example the 'mehadrin' separation does not seem to be motivated by money

The people going around with (fake) videos if R Elayshiv assering sheitels, aren't making money. Perhaps attention, but definitely no kavod.

Kavod is what they are feeling when they see people responding. Yes, there are a few of them that are Leshma, but most are burnt out guys who's only way to gain respect is by running around getting Gedolim to sign off on their agendas.

There are few people I respect more in Israel than the people behind Kemach and other organizations working to get people off the streets and train them to make a proper living and actually support a family in a legitimate fashion

Online PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2012, 06:07:27 PM »
Kavod is what they are feeling when they see people responding. Yes, there are a few of them that are Leshma, but most are burnt out guys who's only way to gain respect is by running around getting Gedolim to sign off on their agendas.

There are few people I respect more in Israel than the people behind Kemach and other organizations working to get people off the streets and train them to make a proper living and actually support a family in a legitimate fashion
I hope you're right.

Offline SamDaMan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
But I'm still proud to be from clev!

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2012, 06:55:08 PM »
www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/General+News/139247/Rosh+Yeshiva+Pasuls+Witness+at+Chupah+Because+of+iPhone.html
Not the first such story, either.

So nice and heartwarming when prominent "rabonim" are mevazeh someone b'rabim, all for the "crime" of having a smartphone.

Online PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2012, 07:06:14 PM »
Will this RY also not marry the son of a couple married after divorce by such eidem?
Because according to him they are mamzeriim.

I'm daan lkaf zechus that this RY was doing it to teach a lesson to his talmidim, and does not actually believe it.

Offline DH Data Recovery

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2012, 10:25:23 PM »
love the fact that by the citifield event everyone was so uplifted by the "achdus" of klal yisrael and we just keep seeing more and more separation as a result of the event

Online PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2012, 11:21:17 PM »
love the fact that by the citifield event everyone was so uplifted by the "achdus" of klal yisrael and we just keep seeing more and more separation as a result of the event
in theory unified separation is also achdus.

(Not that I'm pro asifa)

Offline whYME

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2012, 11:32:44 PM »
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
Reminds me of something I saw recently:

(is it wrong of me to post a youtube video in such a thread?)

Offline SamDaMan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Was Rav Elyashiv murdered??!
« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2012, 12:05:26 AM »
www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/General+News/139247/Rosh+Yeshiva+Pasuls+Witness+at+Chupah+Because+of+iPhone.html
@YiddishNews: Israel: The R"Y R'Feinstein Of Amule Shel Torah was Siddur Kedishen at simcha mon & saw 1 eidis had iPhone told him he was Pusel for eidis
But I'm still proud to be from clev!

Offline Drago

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2012, 01:11:34 AM »
The interest of the ex editors of yated (forgot what they call their new paper) is not money. They have an entire agenda to promote, including other gedolim.
Hence the fist fights and legal fights a few months back over the editorial direction of the paper. Hardly seems to be leshem shamayim

Not the first such story, either.

So nice and heartwarming when prominent "rabonim" are mevazeh someone b'rabim, all for the "crime" of having a smartphone.

On the plus side, this will solve the problems of agunas. In most weddings, we can assume that the eidim as well as the entire crowd have a non-kosher phone.
A kula! Yay! :)

Online PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2012, 01:21:56 AM »
Hence the fist fights and legal fights a few months back over the editorial direction of the paper. Hardly seems to be leshem shamayim

On the plus side, this will solve the problems of agunas. In most weddings, we can assume that the eidim as well as the entire crowd have a non-kosher phone.
A kula! Yay! :)
I didn't want to post it earlier, but yes this is major hotzas shem raa. The gemara makes special takoonos so people won't think certain circumstances aren't valid kidushin and be matir the wife.

To me the ultimate test is what R Akiva Eiger (etc) would do if he was standing there. And I think he would've publicly condemned this RY.

Offline shmuelb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Plat, AAdvantage, Elal Matmid, Southwest, Delta Silver Medallion Skymiles, Hertz #1 Gold 5 Star, National Emerald Club Executive.
Re: Nachpesa Darkeinu ...
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2012, 02:31:54 AM »
Well, the argument du jour here seems to be that aveiros cause tragedies. Making up all kinds of garbage, then lying and saying a gadol said it, is an aveirah, no? Besides, you yourself just said...Wouldn't you agree that someone who knowingly lies - on a large scale - about what a gadol said, can safely be accused of not appreciating said gadol? One who truly appreciates a gadol would not dare besmirch him like that!

The passuk is talking about something else, "lo yire becha ervas davar" not about kavod, sheker or gezel etc. We can look at what others are doing wrong and hock about it (Daf Yomi last Fri.) or we can look at ourself in the mirror, make the world a better place. I heard from the Rebbe (of Yaroslav) a few years ago that what our generation should work on is "each person should work on their own things". If a gadol says that smart phones are causing tragedies and calamities, if we use them and know what is wrong with them, we can try to do something or we can deflect the criticism by pointing out corruption and foibles in others.

I don't know what the real intentions of all these people are, but maybe they are l'shem Shamayim, just misguided and have negius from mamon or kavod...

I didn't say none of it is money.
About Yerushalmi Kugel and Pickles! It was awesome!  8)
Reminds me of something I saw recently:
(is it wrong of me to post a youtube video in such a thread?)
IMHO yes.

siyag lachachma :-)

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2012, 08:20:16 AM »
Children born out of wedlock are not mamzeirim
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2012, 08:51:21 AM »
Children born out of wedlock are not mamzeirim
Re-read it...
Will this RY also not marry the son of a couple married after divorce by such eidem?

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2012, 09:12:57 AM »
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com