Author Topic: Was Rav Elyashiv murdered??!  (Read 41114 times)

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
Re: Was Rav Elyashiv murdered??!
« Reply #140 on: September 11, 2012, 01:52:34 PM »
The story of the golem has been published in many books as well. That doesn't make it any more true.
For some reason I find this one a bit more believable.
If I'm not mistaken the cage was called "Kalon".

Offline Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #141 on: September 11, 2012, 01:53:40 PM »
@Reuven, you brilliance overwhelms me. You make such smart comments. You're my favorite DDFer.
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=15638.0

Offline Drago

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 11, 2012, 01:58:47 PM »
For some reason I find this one a bit more believable.
If I'm not mistaken the cage was called "Kalon".
I'm not commenting on this case. Just on the pervasive idea that if something is 'in a book' then it's true.

Offline Lamdan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 11, 2012, 02:02:35 PM »
I'm not commenting on this case. Just on the pervasive idea that if something is 'in a book' then it's true.
Thanx for informing all us Dummies who believe everything written in a book, that it's not always true, we didn't know that. like I said,
@Reuven, you brilliance overwhelms me. You make such smart comments. You're my favorite DDFer.
DD.com Main Site Deals 0 = DDF Loser

Offline sal2011

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 11, 2012, 02:33:28 PM »
what do you mean its not true its "meforiash in a book" must be true ;D

Offline Achas Veachas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
« Reply #145 on: September 11, 2012, 03:01:18 PM »
I think it's said about the baal Shem Tov: If you believe all the stories you are a fool if you don't you are an Apikores. If I see a story in a book and it seems reasonable/believable, I tend to believe it unless proven otherwise (obviously with a grain of salt unless proven true).

Offline Drago

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 11, 2012, 03:03:13 PM »
Thanx for informing all us Dummies who believe everything written in a book, that it's not always true, we didn't know that. like I said,

Not to worry, there are many very smart ppl who may believe it. This comment below is a possible example.

...the story is also in the avrohom ben avrohom book, and in the book "HaGaon". If any of the DDF professional researchers/Googlers can find the name of the book where this story is told, it would be greatly appreciated.

;)

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 11, 2012, 03:19:35 PM »
Not to worry, there are many very smart ppl who may believe it. This comment below is a possible example.

;)
I wrote that it is written in a book in the times of the gaon by the guy that got punished, you're comparing such a source to golam stories?!?! ::)

Offline LeeW

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 11, 2012, 03:28:57 PM »
IIRC, the story I wrote about the GR"A was written by the person who got punished himself, in a book that he wrote about his travels across Europe, IIRC he says many shvachim about the GR"A who he had the privilege of meeting, he spoke to the GR"A about the translation of "Ditzah" which IIRC Rashi says means simcha, that's when he made his remark, IIRC, the story is also in the avrohom ben avrohom book, and in the book "HaGaon". If any of the DDF professional researchers/Googlers can find the name of the book where this story is told, it would be greatly appreciated.

For all your IIRC, you have not one credible source for this blatant lashon hara against one of the most revered gedolim in history. Please don't waste everyone's time with your stories you heard as a kid, especially when they have no basis, and especially especially when they are terrible lashon hara.
And even if it is in a book, it is still blatant lashon hara which according to halacha can not be believed in any circumstances.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2012, 03:31:15 PM »
For all your IIRC, you have not one credible source for this blatant lashon hara against one of the most revered gedolim in history. Please don't waste everyone's time with your stories you heard as a kid, especially when they have no basis, and especially especially when they are terrible lashon hara.
And even if it is in a book, it is still blatant lashon hara which according to halacha can not be believed in any circumstances.
Excuse me, just because daas baal habayis hepech daas torah (BACH), doesn't make this lashon hara. My RY used to say over this story to show how far kavod chachamim fell over the generations. Your thinking that this is lashon hara just demonstrates the point, you don't understand how bad it is to say what he said about Rashi.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 03:38:33 PM by Lamdan »

Offline LeeW

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: September 11, 2012, 03:39:51 PM »
Excuse me, just because daas baal habayis hepech daas torah (BACH), doesn't make this lashon hara. My RY used to say over this story to show how far kavod chachamim fell over the generations.

Oh I see. So by perpetuating this totally baloney story about the Gr"a ZT"l, which would lead some who fall prey to this lashon hara and believe it to lose some respect for the Gr"a ZT"l, he is helping kavod chachamim? Seem like pretty warped  logic to me.
FWIW, I believe none of what you say. Not the story. And not the fact that your RY ever said this. 

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 11, 2012, 03:45:12 PM »
Oh I see. So by perpetuating this totally baloney story about the Gr"a ZT"l, which would lead some who fall prey to this lashon hara and believe it to lose some respect for the Gr"a ZT"l, he is helping kavod chachamim? Seem like pretty warped  logic to me.
FWIW, I believe none of what you say. Not the story. And not the fact that your RY ever said this.
That's the problem with forums, in real life, I've never had a person doubt for a second if I would lie. In real life I also wouldn't shmooze with people with such unintelligent comments like you either.

Offline shmuelb

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Plat, AAdvantage, Elal Matmid, Southwest, Delta Silver Medallion Skymiles, Hertz #1 Gold 5 Star, National Emerald Club Executive.
« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2012, 03:46:39 PM »
That's one of the problems with forums, in real life, I've never had a person doubt for a second if I would lie. In real life I also wouldn't shmooze with people with such unintelligent comments like you either.

:D ;D

lol, good point. Another problem is that people (may be you too) answer back without the proper respect really due to the PP.
siyag lachachma :-)

Offline sal2011

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2012, 03:49:09 PM »
k chill we get it you belive and you dont end of discussion your just going back and forth true or not true.but please stop verbally shredding each other...(true or not guarantee the Gra' would prefer you 2 get along  :o  :(

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 11, 2012, 03:51:01 PM »
:D ;D

lol, good point. Another problem is that people (may be you too) answer back without the proper respect really due to the PP.
Man, gimme a break, he just accused me of blatantly lying and being malshin the Gr"a.  ;)
כותב החינוך דאין איסור אונאת דברים ''אם בא ישראל אחד והתחיל והרשיע לצער חבירו
עי' בחינוך מצוה של''ח (שלא להונות אחד מישראל בדברים) שכותב וז''ל, שלא נאמר לישראל דברים שיכאיבוהו ויצערוהו וכו', ואולם לפי הדומה, אין במשמע שאם בא ישראל אחד והתחיל והרשיע לצער חבירו בדברים הרעים שלא יענהו השומע, שאי אפשר להיות האדם כאבן שאין לה הופכים, ועוד שיהיה שתיקתו כמודה על החירופין, ובאמת לא תצוה התורה להיות האדם כאבן שותק למחרפיו כמו למברכיו וכו', ויש לנו ללמוד דבר זה, שמותר לנו לענות כסיל, לפי הדומה, מאשר התירה התורה הבא במחתרת להקדים ולהורגו, שאין ספק שלא נתחייב האדם לסבול הנזקין מיד חבירו, כי יש לו רשות להנצל מידו, וכמו כן מדברי פיהו אשר מלא מרמות ותוך, בכל דבר שיכול להנצל ממנו. ואולם יש כת בני אדם שעולה חסידותם כל כך שלא ירצו להכניס עצמם בהוראה זו להשיב חורפיהם דבר, פן יגבר עליהם הכעס ויתפשטו בענין יותר מדי, ועליהם אמרו זכרונם לברכה (שבת דף פ''ח: ) הנעלבין ואינם עולבין, שומעין חרפתן ואינם משיבין, עליהם הכתוב אומר (שופטים ה' - ל''א) ואוהביו כצאת השמש בגבורתו, עכ''ל.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 03:55:05 PM by Lamdan »

Offline meshugener

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #155 on: September 11, 2012, 03:53:51 PM »
Again, I dont think neither you nor your RY make things up or lie, you're just a tiny naïve, and please don't take it personally because I hate when you fire back personally...
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 11, 2012, 03:55:46 PM »
Again, I dont think neither you nor your RY make things up or lie, you're just a tiny naïve, and please don't take it personally because I hate when you fire back personally...
YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!!!  :) ;) :D ;D :P

Offline shmuelb

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Plat, AAdvantage, Elal Matmid, Southwest, Delta Silver Medallion Skymiles, Hertz #1 Gold 5 Star, National Emerald Club Executive.
« Reply #157 on: September 11, 2012, 03:58:41 PM »
YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!!!  :) ;) :D ;D :P

Cool, you guys have a funny sense of humor!! Happy to see you are friends. Are you brothers?

Man, gimme a break, he just accused me of blatantly lying and being malshin the Gr"a.  ;)

+1, lets calm down and not talk LH or about LH.

OK, sorry, I just meant in general. It applies to me, you and everyone else. Exactly the same principle that you said, just putting it on its head, the opposite perspective. Like the dichotomy of reights and responsibilities.

Offline shmuelb

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 11, 2012, 04:01:55 PM »
ואולם יש כת בני אדם שעולה חסידותם כל כך שלא ירצו להכניס עצמם בהוראה זו להשיב חורפיהם דבר, פן יגבר עליהם הכעס ויתפשטו בענין יותר מדי, ועליהם אמרו זכרונם לברכה (שבת דף פ''ח: ) הנעלבין ואינם עולבין, שומעין חרפתן ואינם משיבין, עליהם הכתוב אומר (שופטים ה' - ל''א) ואוהביו כצאת השמש בגבורתו, עכ''ל.

Beautiful quote! Thanks! Lets be Ohavei Hashem and Ohavem shel Hashem! K'Tzes Hashemesh bigvuraso!

Offline DH Data Recovery

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 11, 2012, 04:03:56 PM »
I vote we delete this thread as it serves no purpose anymore and is really digressing fast