Author Topic: Was Rav Elyashiv murdered??!  (Read 40766 times)

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Was Rav Elyashiv murdered??!
« Reply #180 on: September 11, 2012, 11:00:20 PM »
then it was with one of the other israeli cities, my point stands. Many of todays gedolim are unfortunately puppets when it comes to most of the modern issues they don't know anything about no matter how holy they are and how brilliant they may be

+1
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Lamdan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Was Rav Elyashiv murdered??!
« Reply #181 on: September 11, 2012, 11:23:59 PM »
then it was with one of the other israeli cities, my point stands. Many of todays gedolim are unfortunately puppets when it comes to most of the modern issues they don't know anything about no matter how holy they are and how brilliant they may be
I don't think this statement will help you out in the upcoming yom hadin.
DD.com Main Site Deals 0 = DDF Loser

Offline DH Data Recovery

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 11, 2012, 11:32:48 PM »
by saying that Reb Chaim and his peers aren't familiar with the internet and such?? I'm not diminishing their holiness on the contrary I'm saying they are way above these things and are guided in their knowledge by ppl with agendas.

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 11, 2012, 11:33:48 PM »
and your response is completely irrelevant, you are neither agreeing or disagreeing with my statement

Offline Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #184 on: September 12, 2012, 03:09:09 AM »
+1

I have personal knowledge of a story of a certain Rav who tried going to R' Elyashiv zatzal with convincing evidence that Shabbos elevators (with a good hashgacha, of course) are kosher. He was prevented from getting in by the "powers-that-be", who told him pretty much straight out, that over their dead bodies was he going to change R' Elyashiv's opinion.

So whenever I hear that R' Elyashiv was against Shabbos elevators - or pas akum chips, or crocs on Yom Kippur, etc. - I unfortunately have to say that I dont necessarily believe it. Not that he didn't say it... Just that there is a high likelihood he was fed false info by people with agendas.

It's really a shame what these vicious people have done - and continue to do - to the reputation of our gedolim. :(

Offline Drago

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 12, 2012, 03:40:39 AM »
So whenever I hear that R' Elyashiv was against Shabbos elevators - or pas akum chips, or crocs on Yom Kippur, etc.

What's the crocs story? This is a new one to me.

Offline yare

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 12, 2012, 04:41:21 AM »
that's stupidity.   any city that's part of eretz yisroel, rav chaim is well familiar with. the man knows tnach better than you know your name.    if the state of israel decided to call a city by a new name that's not biblically accurate, then there's no reason why he should be familiar with it.     so no, your point doesn't stand.

in terms of the general agendas of those that surround the gedolim... ya, it is a problem, and taints everything that's supposedly said by the gedolim.     in terms of the above sign in particular, whether rav chaim said it or not, it seems pretty simple to me.  if you live in a makom where the chachamim  have assured it, as platinumguy pointed out, then you're definitely a poretz geder by having one, and all dinim of a poretz geder apply.       
the only chiddush in what he "said," was that you could daven with them; a kulah!           

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #187 on: September 12, 2012, 05:58:57 AM »
It get's worse:

Being that the klal is that whatever is posted on the wall is 100% false, this is great news! Now we know iPhones are mutar

(v'horaya, the Tzlach must have been very ahead of his times if he was against ppl with iPhones)

Rumor is, the add was sponsored by Android. And Apples attorneys are taking objection to "V'domov"
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 06:02:24 AM by Chaikel »
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #188 on: September 12, 2012, 06:31:10 AM »
the title actually is a bit sensational...

True, it is... but so is the original comment in the article that inspired this thread to begin with.

Being that the klal is that whatever is posted on the wall is 100% false, this is great news! Now we know iPhones are mutar

(v'horaya, the Tzlach must have been very ahead of his times if he was against ppl with iPhones)

Rumor is, the add was sponsored by Android. And Apples attorneys are taking objection to "V'domov"

ALOL! ;D

BTW, I'm not affected by those ads. I saw paper copies of them in Dushinsky, and further down the page it says "machzikei ha-iphone v'ha-Galaxy..." As I have an LG, looks like I'm okay. Phew!

Offline shmuelb

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Plat, AAdvantage, Elal Matmid, Southwest, Delta Silver Medallion Skymiles, Hertz #1 Gold 5 Star, National Emerald Club Executive.
« Reply #189 on: September 12, 2012, 08:42:54 AM »
This from reb chaim kanyevski who didn't know bet shemesh is in israel:)

I don't know where you're from but your choice of words conveys a contempt and total lack of respect for Gedolim. You have no idea what you are talking about. RAV CHAIM KANIEVSKY SHLITA knows more about this world inreal time than you do, even with your galaxy. You have no clue how ashamed you should be of yourself.
siyag lachachma :-)

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 12, 2012, 08:54:54 AM »
do you believe that he's aware of what the internet is and he checked it out and understand its practical applications??? His advisors went in to him and explained to him that this is a tumana thing and is the worst thing In The world!

Offline shmuelb

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Plat, AAdvantage, Elal Matmid, Southwest, Delta Silver Medallion Skymiles, Hertz #1 Gold 5 Star, National Emerald Club Executive.
« Reply #191 on: September 12, 2012, 08:58:28 AM »
First of all, I disagree. Second of all, that is stick inexcusable to speak about a Gadol like that. Kavod Hatorah!!

Are you a na nach?
siyag lachachma :-)

Offline meshugener

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #192 on: September 12, 2012, 09:10:45 AM »
I really don't get you.
Why does that show disrespect to gedolim?
I mean, do you really believe a gadol knows what Google means without someone explaining him what it is? Do you think Rav Chaim reads TechCrunch every day and he's up-to-date with all technologies?
I'm pretty sure I can go in to him and nicely explain him the problem of YouTube because it has a percentage of Chazir fats on it and its not double-wrapped.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 12, 2012, 09:17:54 AM »
do you believe that he's aware of what the internet is and he checked it out and understand its practical applications??? His advisors went in to him and explained to him that this is a tumana thing and is the worst thing In The world!

I agree with you. In the last couple of years I started realizing that with many sects of Chassidim the Rebbe has nothing to say unfortunately.
And I don't mean with just "bigger" issues like iphones. Even on personal one on one issues.

I was actually speaking to someone a while back on a certain smaller sect of Chassidus where they had thrown boys out of their Yeshiva for listening to the radio. And they were slowly but surely headed to the wrong path. They exclaimed "How could the Rebbe allow this to happen in his own Yeshiva?" "I can't believe that's what he thinks should happen to these boys"
And honestly, I don't think he would have agreed with it at all. The Rebbe has to be one of the most loving people I have ever met.
Do you think he has any say? Unfortunately not. They may very well be great people (many are!)  but sometimes it doesn't feel like they have much power or that they are the ones running the show.

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 12, 2012, 09:18:00 AM »
thank you!! Why do some ppl think that anything a person says is disrespectful to gedolim!
and btw I have seen some of the internal "vaad harrabanim" videos that has all the quotes from Reb Chaim kanievski with the pictures of him putting money into the pushkas etc if you would see how disrespectful they are to him! They basically put money in his hand and make him put money into pushkas for photo ops! You would understand what I'm saying about ppl with agendas pushing gedolim around!

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2012, 09:20:27 AM »
thank you!! Why do some ppl think that anything a person says is disrespectful to gedolim!
and btw I have seen some of the internal "vaad harrabanim" videos that has all the quotes from Reb Chaim kanievski with the pictures of him putting money into the pushkas etc if you would see how disrespectful they are to him! They basically put money in his hand and make him put money into pushkas for photo ops! You would understand what I'm saying about ppl with agendas pushing gedolim around!

That's awful. But unfortunately not that hard to believe.

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 12, 2012, 09:21:08 AM »
we are not being disrespectful to them ! There are countless stories with all chassidishe sects sjmiliar to that. There are stories with a few rebbes that asserred pizza without having a clue of what it is etc

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 12, 2012, 10:11:11 AM »
I'm sure Dasan V'Aviram had even better stuff to say about Moshe Rabeinu. Oh, and let's not forget how Moshe gave powerful offices to his family members (Aharon), he was so corrupt (Korach). Hizaher Begachalasan!!! Yeh! all the gedolim are so dumb, they trust people who are terrible, wow! they must really have no brains!! Oh! and BTW, I have so much respect for them. Oy lanu leyom hadin!!!!

Answer this 1 question:

How is saying that Gedolim allow themselves to be controlled by bad people not being disrespectful to them?
DD.com Main Site Deals 0 = DDF Loser

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2012, 10:58:23 AM »
#1 Chill - You aren't gonna be any holier with all these quotes this is a normal conversation.
#2 I didn't say bad ppl I said ppl with an agenda - Stop putting words into my mouth to try to make yourself more self righteous!!
#3 Every gadol has a inner circle that advises him - and if someone he trusts will come over to him and tell him about this new thing that is pure tumah etc he will right an issur against it because thats what he believes!

I answered your question now you answer mine. Do you honestly believes R' chaim kanyenvski know what the internet is? Do you think he knows its practical applications and hundreds of thousands of jews use it for their only source of income - or even getting sales and saving money!

Offline Moishebatchy

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 12, 2012, 11:05:13 AM »

Link, please? I would LOVE to see this. I have never been a fan of Kupat Ha'ir and Vaad Harabanim's marketing techniques. It would be nice to have some solid proof that I am right...