Author Topic: Was Rav Elyashiv murdered??!  (Read 40751 times)

Offline meshugener

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Re: Was Rav Elyashiv murdered??!
« Reply #200 on: September 12, 2012, 11:05:58 AM »
@lamdan
 So you say the inner circle of a gadol or a rabbi don't have their own agenda???
I this what you're saying???
If yes, I don't have what to argue with you anymore. You're clueless. Period.
As I personally know the closest gabai of a well known, respectful rabbi who, literally, has a mass of followers, I can tell you, you're very very naïve. Sorry again.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 11:14:21 AM by meshugener »
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline DH Data Recovery

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 12, 2012, 11:10:15 AM »
No one here as far as I have seen is talking against rabbanim we are saying that sometimes they have ppl in their inner circle with their own agenda and they have the gadols trust in matters he isn't that familiar with

Offline yare

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 12, 2012, 01:47:23 PM »
No one here as far as I have seen is talking against rabbanim we are saying that sometimes they have ppl in their inner circle with their own agenda and they have the gadols trust in matters he isn't that familiar with
your comment about rav chaim not even knowing where beit shemesh was (or some other city in israel), was degrading (and stupid, as i already mentioned).   

to say that none of the people advising the gedolim have agendas of their own is naive.

to say that all the people advising the gedolim are feeding them lies to further their own agendas is baseless (and probably comes from looking for an excuse to make ureself (not directed at anyone in particular) feel better about not adhering to the psakim of the gedolim).

in terms of the internet, you're arguing that he doesn't know it's practical applications for business etc etc but that's completely moot.  at this point i don't believe there are any gedolim saying you're not allowed to use internet for business. everyone knows that the world today is at a point where it's debilitating not be able to use the internet for business purposes.       noone needs an iphone or galaxy for business.       most people can get by just fine with the internet in their house/laptop.  those that can't, can get by with blackberry's.    the iphone/galaxy/"ukdomeh" (lol) are gadgets, and are there, for the most part, for entertainment purposes.       

arguing that the gedolim never went on the internet themselves is silly.  they've been told what's on it, and what's able to be accessed by it, and that's more than enough.    like i said, for the business applications noone is assuring it.  for it's other applications, they should be assuring it, who are we kidding.     

Offline sal2011

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 12, 2012, 01:48:12 PM »
I really think this thread (as sensational as it is) has got to go.So lets end this conversation new conversation .....ok moving on hows the weather in "yehupitz"  :-X

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #204 on: September 12, 2012, 01:50:33 PM »
noone needs an iphone or galaxy for business..           
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yare

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 12, 2012, 01:51:23 PM »
unless you're a blogger.   or possibly one or two other random things.                 or i can rephrase, %99 of the people that have iphones/galaxy don't need them for business (for anything more than they could have gotten out of a blackberry).

Offline Drago

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 12, 2012, 01:55:13 PM »
I really think this thread (as sensational as it is) has got to go.So lets end this conversation new conversation .....ok moving on hows the weather in "yehupitz"  :-X
Allow me to give you major props for your better English writing. It makes it a pleasure to read your posts.

Offline Lamdan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 12, 2012, 02:11:27 PM »
#1 Chill - You aren't gonna be any holier with all these quotes this is a normal conversation.
#2 I didn't say bad ppl I said ppl with an agenda - Stop putting words into my mouth to try to make yourself more self righteous!!
#3 Every gadol has a inner circle that advises him - and if someone he trusts will come over to him and tell him about this new thing that is pure tumah etc he will right an issur against it because thats what he believes!

I answered your question now you answer mine. Do you honestly believes R' chaim kanyenvski know what the internet is? Do you think he knows its practical applications and hundreds of thousands of jews use it for their only source of income - or even getting sales and saving money!
You still haven't answered how saying e/t you're saying is not being unrespectful. Saying " Every gadol has a inner circle that advises him - and if someone he trusts will come over to him and tell him about this new thing that is pure tumah etc he will right an issur against it because thats what he believes!" is unrespectful, period.
DD.com Main Site Deals 0 = DDF Loser

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 12, 2012, 02:14:15 PM »
@lamdan
 So you say the inner circle of a gadol or a rabbi don't have their own agenda???
I this what you're saying???
If yes, I don't have what to argue with you anymore. You're clueless. Period.
As I personally know the closest gabai of a well known, respectful rabbi who, literally, has a mass of followers, I can tell you, you're very very naïve. Sorry again.
I'm saying, don't say it and still claim you're being respectful.

Offline yare

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 12, 2012, 02:15:30 PM »
is righting an issur better than wronging one?  and being unrespectful is better than... heh, not sure what to do with that one

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Was Rav Elyashiv murdered??!
« Reply #210 on: September 12, 2012, 02:20:23 PM »
I'm saying, don't say it and still claim you're being respectful.

He MEANS no disrespect.

He is just stating things he knows to be true for himself.

Sorry you take it as disrespectful.

Everyone has their own views and opinions. There are many thay believe you are disrespecting great gedolim right now by being online and going against their views. 

"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 12, 2012, 02:21:23 PM »
Your lack of knowledge in specific areas doesnt make me disrespectful. It just makes you uninformed.
And i'm not against filters etc - I was from the early ppl working on filters way before citifield. I'm not making a blanket statement that every gadol has an advisor with an agenda, and you can;t make a blanket statement to the contrary either. I still don't understand why you are all up in arms about this as if I'm making fun or belitteling gedolim - some ppl tend to get overexcited as if they are big kanoim!
and the r' chaim kanyevski with bet shemesh was used to make a point not that it happened, I'm sure hes fully aware of every city in israel

Offline sal2011

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 12, 2012, 02:22:36 PM »
Allow me to give you major props for your better English writing. It makes it a pleasure to read your posts.
I wondered if any one noticed a difference from my original posts (beginning of week)to my more recent posts with proper full words..
thanks for noticing  ::)   ;D   

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
Re: Re: Was Rav Elyashiv murdered??!
« Reply #213 on: September 12, 2012, 02:23:54 PM »
He MEANS no disrespect.

He is just stating things he knows to be true for himself.

Sorry you take it as disrespectful.

Everyone has their own views and opinions. There are many thay believe you are disrespecting great gedolim right now by being online and going against their views.

+1000
according to rav wosner and others you shouldnt be here answering me. Oh wait didn't they go to him afterwards to try to change his mind and get a more lenient psak!! Isn't that disrespectful??

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 12, 2012, 02:25:12 PM »
Your lack of knowledge in specific areas doesnt make me disrespectful. It just makes you uninformed.
And i'm not against filters etc - I was from the early ppl working on filters way before citifield. I'm not making a blanket statement that every gadol has an advisor with an agenda, and you can;t make a blanket statement to the contrary either. I still don't understand why you are all up in arms about this as if I'm making fun or belitteling gedolim - some ppl tend to get overexcited as if they are big kanoim!
and the r' chaim kanyevski with bet shemesh was used to make a point not that it happened, I'm sure hes fully aware of every city in israel
You still can't answer the big question. Write a reply starting with these words: It's not disrespectful to say that a gadol allows people to fool him because...... Till you do you are a joke.

Offline yare

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 12, 2012, 02:27:33 PM »
and the r' chaim kanyevski with bet shemesh was used to make a point not that it happened
so now you're making up degrading stories that you know never actually happened?   and that's supposed to prove a point?    lmao       

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 12, 2012, 02:28:09 PM »
Your saying that a gadol would "know" that his advisor is telling him thigs about technology even though he knows nothing about it?????

Your saying that gedolim are never fooled???? Seriously???? How naive are you?

Offline meshugener

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #217 on: September 12, 2012, 02:28:10 PM »
Naiveté is hard to overcome, even with explanation.
I don't think he'll ever understand.
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline yare

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 12, 2012, 02:33:22 PM »
Naiveté is hard to overcome, even with explanation.
I don't think he'll ever understand.
Naiveté, hmmm, fancy word, is that like taking the words of a citi csr at face value?    ;)

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 12, 2012, 02:33:45 PM »
so now you're making up degrading stories that you know never actually happened?   and that's supposed to prove a point?    lmao     
My point isn't degrading!!! When I say that a gadol is on a higher level as doesn't always know about these mundane matters thats degrading? Whats about all the stories about gedolim who were so oblivious and bumped into trees etc is that degrading too?