Author Topic: Was Rav Elyashiv murdered??!  (Read 40775 times)

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Was Rav Elyashiv murdered??!
« Reply #220 on: September 12, 2012, 02:34:55 PM »
Your lack of knowledge in specific areas doesnt make me disrespectful. It just makes you uninformed.
And i'm not against filters etc - I was from the early ppl working on filters way before citifield. I'm not making a blanket statement that every gadol has an advisor with an agenda, and you can;t make a blanket statement to the contrary either. I still don't understand why you are all up in arms about this as if I'm making fun or belitteling gedolim - some ppl tend to get overexcited as if they are big kanoim!
and the r' chaim kanyevski with bet shemesh was used to make a point not that it happened, I'm sure hes fully aware of every city in israel

I think there are many people in our societies who are raised to be taught that Gedolim are "always right, perfect, the smartest etc etc"  and it takes growing up and being aware of things until you realize that not everything is 100% like that.

In fact it's just a general way children grow up. The same way that you wake up one day and realize your parents aren't always right or perfect or making the smartest decisions.

I think when we speak like this it makes Rabbeim/Rebbes more human in our minds. And that throws people off from this idea that's in their head.

I think many people would automatically read some of the above posts and their first instinct would be "Wow, such chutzpah, such lies"

It's just a sign of maturity and awareness when you start to realize that things aren't so black and white.

And if any of the above posts sound disrespectful I can understand why someone may think that.
You can only take the posters word that they mean no disrespect and that they are sharing their thoughts and views (even if it may SEEM disrespectful to you)

"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Lamdan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 12, 2012, 02:35:31 PM »
Your saying that a gadol would "know" that his advisor is telling him thigs about technology even though he knows nothing about it?????

Your saying that gedolim are never fooled???? Seriously???? How naive are you?
I'm saying it's disrespectful to say you can't trusr anything, because they always are. BTW, you keep running in circles, answer the  question.
DD.com Main Site Deals 0 = DDF Loser

Offline DH Data Recovery

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 12, 2012, 02:36:41 PM »

I think there are many people in our societies who are raised to be taught that Gedolim are "always right, perfect, the smartest etc etc"  and it takes growing up and being aware of things until you realize that not everything is 100% like that.

In fact it's just a general way children grow up. The same way that you wake up one day and realize your parents aren't always right or perfect or making the smartest decisions.

I think when we speak like this it makes Rabbeim/Rebbes more human in our minds. And that throws people off from this idea that's in their head.

I think many people would automatically read some of the above posts and their first instinct would be "Wow, such chutzpah, such lies"

It's just a sign of maturity and awareness when you start to realize that things aren't so black and white.

And if any of the above posts sound disrespectful I can understand why someone may think that.
You can only take the posters word that they mean no disrespect and that they are sharing their thoughts and views (even if it may SEEM disrespectful to you)
Very well said!

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 12, 2012, 02:37:32 PM »
You still can't answer the big question. Write a reply starting with these words: It's not disrespectful to say that a gadol allows people to fool him because...... Till you do you are a joke.

Is it disrespectful to say when a Rebbe steals from the government and gets thrown in Jail?

It's just the truth.

The same way it may be true that not every Rebbe gets to make the choices he wants.  It's just sad fact. And if you want to argue it's not a fact so then it's a sad thought that I believe.

It's disrespectful to the rebbe that it's like that. That's the truth.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 12, 2012, 02:37:59 PM »
My point isn't degrading!!! When I say that a gadol is on a higher level as doesn't always know about these mundane matters thats degrading? Whats about all the stories about gedolim who were so oblivious and bumped into trees etc is that degrading too?
your logic is twisted, you said they made a PSAK about something they're clueless about. Stop defending yourself, just admit you have the same hashkafos as all the poshei yisrael through out the generations. The age old cry "Mai ahanu lan rabanan".

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #225 on: September 12, 2012, 02:38:27 PM »
I'm saying it's disrespectful to say you can't trusr anything, because they always are. BTW, you keep running in circles, answer the  question.

NO ONE said you can't trust anything a Rebbe/Rav says because they are always fooled. NO ONE.

Offline yare

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 12, 2012, 02:41:03 PM »
My point isn't degrading!!! When I say that a gadol is on a higher level as doesn't always know about these mundane matters thats degrading? Whats about all the stories about gedolim who were so oblivious and bumped into trees etc is that degrading too?
you're ignorance here speaks volumes.   there are no stories about gedolim being so oblivious they walk into trees.  those are stories about illuyim. and, yes, those stories are somewhat degrading as well; people don't say them about gedolim.       

saying he's on a higher level and doesn't know the internet from a personal basis is not degrading at all.   saying he's such a poor judge of character that he completely surrounds himself with conniving liars who are only after their own agenda, and that he's so gullible that he eats up everything they feed him without using his own brain to sift through the information, a brain which has spent more time delving into G-ds wisdom and creation then %99.9999 of the frum world, ya, that comes across is degrading.                obviously it's possible for a gadol to be fooled, they're people too, but don't for a second think they don't use their heads (and siyata dishmaya) for mundane matter when it comes to making a psak. 

the real problem is that you never even know what psak they said, because most of the time the stuff that they supposedly said is completely fabricated, or taken out of context.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 02:44:15 PM by yare »

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 12, 2012, 02:44:45 PM »
@lamdan I can just see you during the time of the gra running around putting chassidim in cherem etc! all the full-of-hot-air kanous, they always had ppl like that in all the centuries. ppl like that were the ones who heated up every machlokas as if they are only talking lshem shomayim, all the while busy quoting chazals but at the end of the day......
There were always ppl standing next to rabonim sometimes helping and sometimes the opposite - many big machlokes that happened in klal yisroel throughout time was becasue of this.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 12, 2012, 02:44:58 PM »
   saying he's such a poor judge of character that he completely surrounds himself with conniving liars who are only after their own agenda, and that he's so gullible that he eats up everything they feed him without using his own brain to sift through the information, a brain which has spent more time delving into G-ds wisdom and creation then %99.9999 of the frum world, ya, that comes across is degrading.               

No one said that either.

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 12, 2012, 02:46:31 PM »
you're ignorance here speaks volumes.   there are no stories about gedolim being so oblivious they walk into trees.  those are stories about illuyim. and, yes, those stories are somewhat degrading as well; people don't say them about gedolim.       

saying he's on a higher level and doesn't know the internet from a personal basis is not degrading at all.   saying he's such a poor judge of character that he completely surrounds himself with conniving liars who are only after their own agenda, and that he's so gullible that he eats up everything they feed him without using his own brain to sift through the information, a brain which has spent more time delving into G-ds wisdom and creation then %99.9999 of the frum world, ya, that comes across is degrading.                obviously it's possible for a gadol to be fooled, they're people too, but don't for a second think they don't use their heads (and siyata dishmaya) for mundane matter when it comes to making a psak.
@Yare, couldn't have made the point any better. I see you have very good communication skills, if you can't convince these clowns, I for sure can't.

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 12, 2012, 02:47:31 PM »
How many gedolim were behing shabtzei tzvi?

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 12, 2012, 02:48:57 PM »
@lamdan I can just see you during the time of the gra running around putting chassidim in cherem etc! all the full-of-hot-air kanous, they always had ppl like that in all the centuries. ppl like that were the ones who heated up every machlokas as if they are only talking lshem shomayim, all the while busy quoting chazals but at the end of the day......
There were always ppl standing next to rabonim sometimes helping and sometimes the opposite - many big machlokes that happened in klal yisroel throughout time was becasue of this.
I could just see you joining the Romans and burning the Bais Hamikdash, I won the argument, I said I can just see you doing s/t worse than you said about me. My Totty's stronger than your Totty.

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 12, 2012, 02:49:19 PM »
Every book about the litvishe roshai yeshivos and gedolim have these stoiries in them! If they write the proudly maybe you aren't understanding thinmgs correctly or maybe your "degrading" compass is a little overly sensitive on someone elses chsehbon

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 12, 2012, 02:50:07 PM »
I could just see you joining the Romans and burning the Bais Hamikdash, I won the argument, I said I can just see you doing s/t worse than you said about me. My Totty's stronger than your Totty.
Thats just immature

Offline LeeW

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 12, 2012, 02:50:26 PM »

@yare @ lamdan This is insane. Please take your straw man arguments and leave. No one in this entire thread made any comment like the one you said. You both are just trolling here.

All that was said, by some people on this thread, was that when encountering items that they have no knowledge about, gedolim tend to turn to those that are near them for clarification. The same thing any one of us would do.

Offline yare

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 12, 2012, 02:58:58 PM »
All that was said, by some people on this thread, was that when encountering items that they have no knowledge about, gedolim tend to turn to those that are near them for clarification. The same thing any one of us would do.
i'm not sure if you're having reading issues or comprehension ones, but that's not what's been said.   
it was actually the gra himself who put them in cherem.  so now rav chaim isn't enough for you, you're moving on to the gaon?  really?  lol     
How many gedolim were behing shabtzei tzvi?
yes, that was a calamity.  and therefore one should no longer listen to the gedolim?  ???  great argument
Every book about the litvishe roshai yeshivos and gedolim have these stoiries in them!
i'm unaware of any such books.  though, to be honest, i spend my free time on more entertaining subjects.     but, i'm listening, tell me a few....

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 12, 2012, 03:00:39 PM »
I never said stop listening to gedoilim, ppl who like arguing always hear what they want to hear, I merley said that their inner circle soimetimes have their own agenda and they rely on them for critical matters that they are unfamiliar with

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 12, 2012, 03:01:49 PM »
Thats just immature
my point was to bring out how immature your post was.

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 12, 2012, 03:02:55 PM »
+1

Similar to what the Rabannim in the gemara did when they needed to, whether it was astrology, or weird creatures that they needed to pasken on.

Offline DH Data Recovery

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 12, 2012, 03:04:11 PM »
I was actually bringing out a point.
sorry guys I'm done this conversation is pointless - logic will never win against blind stubborness