Author Topic: Was Rav Elyashiv murdered??!  (Read 40760 times)

Offline Lamdan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Was Rav Elyashiv murdered??!
« Reply #240 on: September 12, 2012, 03:05:20 PM »
I was actually bringing out a point.
sorry guys I'm done this conversation is pointless - logic will never win against blind stubborness
+1
DD.com Main Site Deals 0 = DDF Loser

Offline Drago

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 12, 2012, 03:07:14 PM »
I was actually bringing out a point.
sorry guys I'm done this conversation is pointless - logic will never win against blind stubborness

+1

They agreed!!

I think this is in order

Offline LeeW

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 12, 2012, 03:25:11 PM »
i'm not sure if you're having reading issues or comprehension ones, but that's not what's been said.   

Lol, typical troll response. 1- You refuse to show where any one made this wild claim that gedolim are poor judges of charcter etc., other than you. Instead of doing that, you attack my response. Like I said, pretty typical trolling behavior and I'm surprised there is no rule about that sort of stuff here. And just to clear, here is the original comment  "Every gadol has a inner circle that advises him - and if someone he trusts will come over to him and tell him about this new thing that is pure tumah etc he will right an issur against it because thats what he believes!" Not at all what you claim, is it troll?

Offline Drago

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 12, 2012, 03:40:29 PM »
Lol, typical troll response. 1- You refuse to show where any one made this wild claim that gedolim are poor judges of charcter etc., other than you. Instead of doing that, you attack my response. Like I said, pretty typical trolling behavior and I'm surprised there is no rule about that sort of stuff here. And just to clear, here is the original comment  "Every gadol has a inner circle that advises him - and if someone he trusts will come over to him and tell him about this new thing that is pure tumah etc he will right an issur against it because thats what he believes!" Not at all what you claim, is it troll?

Let's lay off of the name-calling, despite disagreements.

Offline meshugener

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #244 on: September 12, 2012, 03:47:00 PM »
So who murdered Rav Elysahiv???....
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline DH Data Recovery

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 12, 2012, 03:49:30 PM »
+100 I actually Laughed

Offline ChAiM'l

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 12, 2012, 03:52:09 PM »

Offline yare

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 12, 2012, 04:56:22 PM »

:)   you're a cutie.     

Offline Galitzyaner

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 13, 2012, 12:37:58 AM »
LOL!
You sometimes do get funny!

Offline Galitzyaner

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 13, 2012, 12:48:43 AM »
there are no stories about gedolim being so oblivious they walk into trees.  those are stories about illuyim. and, yes, those stories are somewhat degrading as well; people don't say them about gedolim.       
Perhaps one persons "Gadol" is for another just an "illuy"?  Perhaps? 
Well, I'll tell you.  For sure.

Guys like @lamdan and others here (2 others come to mind, they know who they are very well) will always just pull out the "You'll burn in gehenom", "You're playing with fire" or "you better do teshuva before yom hadin" and worse -scare tactics.  That may work in Lakewood or maybe still in Cheder, not here.
Instead of sticking to inteligent conversation, they resort to these old shtet'l techniques (oddly enough, strikingly similar to the type of wording pashkevil-writers are expert at).
Their intolerance is sickening.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 01:15:27 AM by Galitzyaner »

Offline Moishebatchy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #250 on: September 13, 2012, 02:13:06 AM »

Guys like @lamdan and others here (2 others come to mind, they know who they are very well) will always just pull out the "You'll burn in gehenom", "You're playing with fire" or "you better do teshuva before yom hadin" and worse -scare tactics.  That may work in Lakewood or maybe still in Cheder, not here.
Instead of sticking to inteligent conversation, they resort to these old shtet'l techniques (oddly enough, strikingly similar to the type of wording pashkevil-writers are expert at).

+1

Offline shmuelb

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Plat, AAdvantage, Elal Matmid, Southwest, Delta Silver Medallion Skymiles, Hertz #1 Gold 5 Star, National Emerald Club Executive.
« Reply #251 on: September 13, 2012, 08:08:25 AM »
This is how it started

This from reb chaim kanyevski who didn't know bet shemesh is in israel:)
then it was with one of the other israeli cities, my point stands. Many of todays gedolim are unfortunately puppets when it comes to most of the modern issues they don't know anything about no matter how holy they are and how brilliant they may be

As Yare and Lamdan pointed out, the Rav made a PSAK based on something that you claim he is clueless about. Personally, I don't believe signs posted on walls, but you say he made such a psak and was wrong. Do you think that is respectful or disrespectful?

You write r' or rav ... in lowercase. If I write about your Rebbe the same way you are doing here, would you feel I am being disrespectful?

r' menachem mendel shniyorson was fooled into believing cigarettes were dangerous because he was gullible and relied on info that his neighbors great aunt told him. He told his follower to throw out his stash that he was planning on selling even though it was worth over $4000 at the time (in todays value $1.3 million). he was brilliant and holy but unfortunately clueless about modern issues

How does that look?  :o :o :o
siyag lachachma :-)

Offline shmuelb

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Plat, AAdvantage, Elal Matmid, Southwest, Delta Silver Medallion Skymiles, Hertz #1 Gold 5 Star, National Emerald Club Executive.
Re: trolls
« Reply #252 on: September 13, 2012, 08:15:55 AM »
@yare @ lamdan This is insane...  You both are just trolling here.

Funny! Welcome to the forums, longtime lurker. How is the herring? j/k but it is funny that you are calling them trolls. I think you mean to say that here they are acting like trolls.
siyag lachachma :-)

Offline meshugener

• View Profile
  • Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Freedom 10X10 Exclusives, Avis Presidents Club, National Executive, Hertz 5 Star, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
« Reply #253 on: September 13, 2012, 08:20:52 AM »

Well said!
Love me or hate me. I still love you.

Offline yare

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 13, 2012, 08:23:39 AM »
as i told data guy, i'm unaware of any such stories said proudly about gedolim, but since you seem to know about them "for sure," i'd love to be educated...
lol    you should learn to laugh people like that off, instead of taking it so personally; especially on an open forum where every yokel is invited (notice our friend lee).  it will help your blood pressure.                           

in terms of the actual argument at hand, it seems like the only thing they were able to respond to was the propaganda, and not to any of the intelligent discourse.   

Offline elikay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 13, 2012, 09:55:38 AM »
I wondered if any one noticed a difference from my original posts (beginning of week)to my more recent posts with proper full words..
thanks for noticing  ::)   ;D
Well, you have become unnoticeable!

Offline Lamdan

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 13, 2012, 01:09:09 PM »

I will never tolerate Bizuy Chachamim. Never.
DD.com Main Site Deals 0 = DDF Loser

Offline sal2011

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 13, 2012, 01:18:01 PM »
Well, you have become unnoticeable!
in a good way or ??  ;)

Offline Galitzyaner

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 13, 2012, 04:00:42 PM »
as i told data guy, i'm unaware of any such stories said proudly about gedolim, but since you seem to know about them "for sure," i'd love to be educated...lol   
You didn't get the point.  I have never heard of such a story, was just commenting on what was said that implying that its one thing to say something like that on an Iluy and another thing to say on a "Gadol".  Simple.

you should learn to laugh people like that off, instead of taking it so personally; especially on an open forum where every yokel is invited (notice our friend lee).  it will help your blood pressure.                           
Nothing on DDF is taken personal (at least by me), and someone who takes what is said on a forum personal (unless they are openly the subject matter) imho doesn't belong on an internet forum.  Blood pressure is another story ;)
For many people, reading the news can make their blood boil, but I still don't think they take it personal...
in terms of the actual argument at hand, it seems like the only thing they were able to respond to was the propaganda, and not to any of the intelligent discourse.   
That's exactly what I'm saying. 
Now he's pulling the "bizuy chachomim" tactic.

Offline Galitzyaner

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 13, 2012, 04:06:39 PM »
I will never tolerate Bizuy Chachamim. Never.
Anyone slightly questioning / trying to have a rational discussion Re. the words of s/o you may consider a "gadol" =bizuy.
You might want to consider writing for the [toilet]paper known as Yated Ne'eman (Hebrew version one of course).