Author Topic: Itinerary Suggestions  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Mtl18

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Itinerary Suggestions
« on: August 31, 2012, 05:00:30 PM »
Hi, I am planning on a 3 week visit to europe, going solo, in October (right after Succos). I am not a fan of detailed itineraries, but I do need to choose a rough plan of where I'd live to visit, if not the exact dates. I'll be booking an open-jaw flight and want to start off in London, followed by Paris. After that, I am looking for suggestions on cities/countries to visit.
I love scenery and outdoors. I'd like to get a mix of historic sights and more scenic visits. I was considering following Paris with Amsterdam, Switzerland, Venice and Rome and returning home from Rome. I am open to any suggestions on improving my itinerary.

I know this is a very vague request, but I would love to hear your suggestions.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 05:09:29 PM by Mtl18 »

Offline Cbs

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
Re: Itinerary Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 06:31:22 PM »
Hi, I am planning on a 3 week visit to europe, going solo, in October (right after Succos). I am not a fan of detailed itineraries, but I do need to choose a rough plan of where I'd live to visit, if not the exact dates. I'll be booking an open-jaw flight and want to start off in London, followed by Paris. After that, I am looking for suggestions on cities/countries to visit.
I love scenery and outdoors. I'd like to get a mix of historic sights and more scenic visits. I was considering following Paris with Amsterdam, Switzerland, Venice and Rome and returning home from Rome. I am open to any suggestions on improving my itinerary.

I know this is a very vague request, but I would love to hear your suggestions.
please refer to Pick the itinerary thread in the future for such requests
or to the Europe trip Master thread before opening a new thread.

in any case i would suggest that if ur starting in London then you definitly go to amsterdam, i cant tell u about paris since ive never been there. Rome and Venice ull prob love - venice is just awesome, and rome is historic. Prague i would recommend for a day or two, its beautiful and its got lots of jewish history there. hit up the alps if u can, for scenery Budapest is nice.

in the europe trip master thread u can see some links to ppls trip reports. and you can also read my Trip Report which hopefully should be helpful to you.

Offline Mtl18

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Itinerary Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 07:19:26 PM »
Thanks, didnt know about the threads. Next time...