Author Topic: going bald  (Read 5691 times)

Offline whacked1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: going bald
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2013, 01:30:08 PM »
Propecia and Proscar (used for BPH) are the same medicine, and I think, if I recall correctly that they discovered its effect on hair when patients were using it for BPH. Side effects CAN occur, but they are not GUARANTEED to occur. It varies from person to person as do many drugs. If someone equated baldness to a different disease and thought that the risks outweigh the benefits then why not use the medicine?

I am also going bald. I just get bigger kippas! But thats only for one type of baldness that starts from the middle. If you are starting to bald from the hairline then the kippa method wont really work as well  :o

See here for different patterns: http://ars.els-cdn.com/content/image/1-s2.0-S0090429598001083-gr1.gif
-that comes from a research article on Science Direct
lol thats an awesome picture!! is that medication over  the counter stuff? also is oral or pills?

Offline btab

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2013, 01:36:31 PM »
lol thats an awesome picture!! is that medication over  the counter stuff? also is oral or pills?

Prescription, but if you know an old guy that has BPH you can buy it off him  ;D

Aren't pills an oral medication?
learning about churning

Offline MnM1130

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2013, 01:49:29 PM »
"There are things that may help but they have side effects so it may not be worth it" is not the same thing as saying "Guys, man up! It's part of life. Who cares"
i actually dont know much about baldness. so in my head i wouldnt think there was anything to do about being bald cus there are so many bald guys out there that arent happy with that situation and are still bald.