Author Topic: NYC to DTW deal needed  (Read 1969 times)

Offline maivina

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
NYC to DTW deal needed
« on: April 11, 2010, 12:31:40 AM »
leaving june 11 returning june 13 thanks

Offline Charles The Govenor

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA PLAT AA PLAT
Re: NYC to DTW deal needed
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 04:59:55 AM »
Did you check spirit?

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 08:53:00 AM »
 Did you check anyone or any site prior to your asking??? Or are you asking all of us to do all the work you should have??

If you checked whom did you ?? and what fare did you find?? Its not considered proper edict to simply ask for something unless you yourself have done some homework regarding it 1st. Once youve done that then come back and post the cheapest you found and ask if theres a way to get it cheaper.

When you check that means checking a few airports on both ends = NY check LGA,JFK,EWR for DTW = DTW,FNY,TOL,CAK (ok its a 3 - 3 1/2 hr drive but if its cheap why not). Before jumping on the tkt check car rental rates as whats cheapest for a flight might not be for a car

yep alittle work is involved as you can see besides simply posting "Find me a deal"

BTW at least you put down the dates but you didnt put down if you would leave a day before from NY or a day later from DTW

Offline Charles The Govenor

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA PLAT AA PLAT
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 03:23:52 AM »
Very well said Steve 2.

Offline maivina

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 09:26:40 AM »
Wow you fellows  are really tough with us newbies . I did, research  for about 3 hours......the lowest price I got was Spirit $224 a ticket Roundtrip.  we need about 6 -9 tickets. Thank you.. thank you.... did i mention thank you! maivina. (obviously I'm not  such a maivina) :)

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 10:15:32 AM »
Wow you fellows  are really tough with us newbies . I did, research  for about 3 hours......the lowest price I got was Spirit $224 a ticket Roundtrip.  we need about 6 -9 tickets. Thank you.. thank you.... did i mention thank you! maivina. (obviously I'm not  such a maivina) :)

if you get 10 people you can call the different Carriers and see what they will offer you for a group price. But U need 10 and they all must fly on the exact same flights (at least thats the way it used to be). Youd need to speak to the group desk the discount varies to each Carrier

also keep in mind not knowing the exact # isnt helpful as say there can be 6 tkts @ $224 but the 7th+ arent available at that fare but the next cheapest fare would be $297 that could happen for tkt # 4+ as well with asking for 9 DL returns at $263 and the only Carrier out of LGA with 9 seats

I see Spirit now for $234 ai and by far seems to be the cheapest and even beats WN (Southwest) which isnt a non-stop AirTrans to CAK is $20 cheaper but you'll blow all of it on the gas to DTW  during the 3 hr drive.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 10:52:01 AM by steve2 »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 10:24:25 AM »
Wow you fellows  are really tough with us newbies . I did, research  for about 3 hours......the lowest price I got was Spirit $224 a ticket Roundtrip.  we need about 6 -9 tickets. Thank you.. thank you.... did i mention thank you! maivina. (obviously I'm not  such a maivina) :)
Can you go from EWR?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 10:29:21 AM »
Can you go from EWR?

Ok what did I miss or you have up your sleeve. the best I saw out of EWR was CO for $241 on thier Barbie Jets,

Offline maivina

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 10:44:44 AM »
Thank you. EWR is a two hour drive for us. OK thanks again for all the advice.

Offline mindleraig

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 01:59:23 PM »
back to the original question i saw that on alitalia you can fly with a stop in europe for 60,000 miles per ticket and 80,000 for business does that make sense? and if so does it go up at peak seasons like sukkos time?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 02:04:54 PM »
back to the original question i saw that on alitalia you can fly with a stop in europe for 60,000 miles per ticket and 80,000 for business does that make sense? and if so does it go up at peak seasons like sukkos time?

U do realize you are asking this on a thread thats talking about flying between NYand Detroit, and if U do why ask about Israel?