Author Topic: Dell Order Cancelled  (Read 4986 times)

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
Dell Order Cancelled
« on: May 29, 2008, 06:25:26 PM »
i ordered a new laptop from dell and applied a lot of coupons so that i basically got it for about 50 percent off  and got my conf email. when i didnt receive it by the estimated arrival date i called them only to be told that they cancelled my order bec i put on too many coupons . they never emailed me or called me they simply cancelled it w/o warning  is there anyhing i can do to somehow force them to comlete my order? is there anything legally binding them once they send me a confirmation nemail is that somehow similar to the signing of a contract? any info would be of help. (if you need more details about the order id be more than happy to provide them. thanx
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 06:46:23 PM by Dan »

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
Re: Dell Order Cancelled
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 11:45:47 PM »
i ordered a new laptop from dell and applied a lot of coupons so that i basically got it for about 50 percent off  and got my conf email. when i didnt receive it by the estimated arrival date i called them only to be told that they cancelled my order bec i put on too many coupons . they never emailed me or called me they simply cancelled it w/o warning  is there anyhing i can do to somehow force them to comlete my order? is there anything legally binding them once they send me a confirmation nemail is that somehow similar to the signing of a contract? any info would be of help. (if you need more details about the order id be more than happy to provide them. thanx

Although it's kind of unfair, my general understanding is that a company always has the right to cancel an order. Tell me someone if I'm wrong. I'd love to be.

Offline Other Guy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 09:07:41 AM »
Although it's kind of unfair, my general understanding is that a company always has the right to cancel an order. Tell me someone if I'm wrong. I'd love to be.
True, but they should provide some kind of notification, no? I think its a question of ethics.

Offline bhphotoman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 02:21:08 AM »
they have to honary it. back around jan time there was a price mistake on the dell xps m1530 and i got it for less then half i pay like 1000 and it was going for 3 i all so use a bunch of coupons to get it for that much and i spent like a hour on the phone with dell and they ended up honarying my order but one the confirm it the have to honar it
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 02:23:06 AM by bhphotoman »

Offline coralsnake

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 10:40:42 PM »
You can try complaining to the Better business Bureau or the attorney generals office or whoever handles consumer complaints in your state- When a company like Dell gets notification from the BBB or an AG, they definitely dont want to be on the wrong side of that one.

I once had a company that basically wouldn't do what they were supposed to do; never returned calls, emails etc... As soon as I made the complaint to the BBB, I received a phone call within a few weeks and the company took care of what they were supposed to.

Its definitely worth a shot- especially if they never even notified you that they cancelled the order.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 10:42:41 PM »
You can try complaining to the Better business Bureau or the attorney generals office or whoever handles consumer complaints in your state- When a company like Dell gets notification from the BBB or an AG, they definitely dont want to be on the wrong side of that one.

I once had a company that basically wouldn't do what they were supposed to do; never returned calls, emails etc... As soon as I made the complaint to the BBB, I received a phone call within a few weeks and the company took care of what they were supposed to.

Its definitely worth a shot- especially if they never even notified you that they cancelled the order.
  thanks  do you by any chance know who i could contact in new jersey?

Offline Yitzter

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 10:44:30 PM »
Why don't you just google it. Search for Attorney General in NJ.
"There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things

Offline Avid Reader

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 10:45:07 PM »

Offline username

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 02:23:01 PM »
So waht happened in the end? Do you even remember?
^^^

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2016, 02:33:32 PM »
So waht happened in the end? Do you even remember?
Well since 2008 the BBB has been uncovered to have one of the worst ethics of any company.
I'm not who you think I am.