Author Topic: Update: Now Resolved! (Delta Ripoff, PLEASE HELP!)  (Read 20121 times)

Offline TAVI

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Update: Now Resolved! (Delta Ripoff, PLEASE HELP!)
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2012, 01:21:57 PM »
You probably also blame the city anytime you get stuck in traffic because that means there isn't enough roadway  ::)

Backups/delays/jams happen, it's life. And no "life" ≠ "Delta's fault."

Just like when one must be at a very important meeting that takes 30 minutes travel time to get to one does not leave 30 minutes ahead of time, you don't show up at the airport for a flight you MUST make at the bare minimum time required.

And as for the CSR, 1) he was not an F passenger (doesn't excuse it, but it needs to be said), and 2) a rude rep does not = $780 in waived fees... in any world, and that's especially so in light of the above.

Totally inadequate comparison between City's ability to change or adjust their transportation infrastructure or control people's ability to drive properly versus an airlines responsibility to control their computer systems or have only 4 reps manning 15 check-in stations when there are 200 people waiting in line.

I'm not saying the airline should be responsible if you get stuck in traffic, have a flat tire and don't make it to the terminal on time (in those cases, the passenger is at fault and should be held accountable). but once you are in the terminal the responsibility should fall on the airline because it is under their control / jurisdiction. it is impossible that the customer is wrong in every case that something goes wrong, but the airline is NEVER at fault. And i don't care if they say so in the T&C, because everyone can make up their own rules, doesn't mean its OK, because if that was the case, then the Holocaust was totally legal based on German law (i know i'm referencing a totally atrocious example, but i'm trying to make a point here).

As to the 1st class agent, it makes no difference whether the passenger was flying 1st class, he was diverted to that line by a different delta agent and should have gotten the same stellar service as anyone else. 

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2012, 01:25:08 PM »
Why bring in the nazis?
when you buy a product from someone you agree to aside by their t and c's. End of story. You have no rights to say you don't like their t and c's. Go buy somewhere else

And why should service (going above and beyond, not basic service and manners) depend on the agent. It should go based on class of service on the flight (or status, etc.)
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline TAVI

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2012, 02:04:21 PM »
Why bring in the nazis?
when you buy a product from someone you agree to aside by their t and c's. End of story. You have no rights to say you don't like their t and c's. Go buy somewhere else

And why should service (going above and beyond, not basic service and manners) depend on the agent. It should go based on class of service on the flight (or status, etc.)

You are apparently one of the very unique individuals that reads the entire T&Cs for every product you buy, but i guarantee you that 99.9% of air travelers don't read the airline T&Cs for every carrier they fly with. They know that they pay good money for a transportation service and expect reasonable / rational conditions. businesses write a lot of stuff in their T&Cs, but there is a reason its 200 pages long and in small print, because they don't expect regular customers to really read it. I mean they could write in there that by purchasing their product you agree to only fly wearing red pants, and if you show up wearing different color pants you forfeit the fare you paid (based on your logic, by buying the fare i would be agreeing to that condition), but good luck enforcing it.

as to the 1st class agent, i was talking about basic service. I didn't ask them to open a red carpet for the guy, but being pleasant and trying to help the passenger is the least one would expect in such a situation.

Offline Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2012, 02:07:26 PM »
as to the 1st class agent, i was talking about basic service. I didn't ask them to open a red carpet for the guy, but being pleasant and trying to help the passenger is the least one would expect in such a situation.

Sorry, due to ever-increasing airline budget cuts, red-carpet service now costs $75 extra per person, but is discounted with a Delta Amex. :P

Other than that... +1 to everything else you said.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Update: Now Resolved! (Delta Ripoff, PLEASE HELP!)
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2012, 02:09:16 PM »
You are apparently one of the very unique individuals that reads the entire T&Cs for every product you buy, but i guarantee you that 99.9% of air travelers don't read the airline T&Cs for every carrier they fly with. They know that they pay good money for a transportation service and expect reasonable / rational conditions. businesses write a lot of stuff in their T&Cs, but there is a reason its 200 pages long and in small print, because they don't expect regular customers to really read it. I mean they could write in there that by purchasing their product you agree to only fly wearing red pants, and if you show up wearing different color pants you forfeit the fare you paid (based on your logic, by buying the fare i would be agreeing to that condition), but good luck enforcing it.
I don't, but I am not sure why that is relevant. And this one (that you have to be at the counter ample time before the flight) I'm pretty sure is pretty well known
Good luck enforcing it? If it's within their legal right why would they have trouble enforcing it

And you didn't respond to my first comment
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline TAVI

• View Profile
Re: Re: Update: Now Resolved! (Delta Ripoff, PLEASE HELP!)
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2012, 02:15:52 PM »
I don't, but I am not sure why that is relevant. And this one (that you have to be at the counter ample time before the flight) I'm pretty sure is pretty well known
Good luck enforcing it? If it's within their legal right why would they have trouble enforcing it

And you didn't respond to my first comment

Ye the Natzi reference was a bit out there, i concede :)

but what i was trying to say is that just because something is in the T&Cs it doesn't necessarily mean that they can enforce it in the court of law. especially if the term is extremely unreasonable.

Offline TAVI

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2012, 02:18:49 PM »
Sorry, due to ever-increasing airline budget cuts, red-carpet service now costs $75 extra per person, but is discounted with a Delta Amex. :P

Other than that... +1 to everything else you said.

shoot, i just canceled my delta amex card, i knew i should have paid that damn annual fee :).

I guess we Israeli's have a different view on things...