Author Topic: Star alliance upgrade to first class on co ?  (Read 1332 times)

Offline Cheap dude

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Star alliance upgrade to first class on co ?
« on: April 11, 2010, 02:37:32 PM »
I am flying from lax to newark on tuesday. Is there any way to get first class becouse of star allince silver? How to I get kosher food?

Thanx for ur help!!

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Star alliance upgrade to first class on co ?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 02:51:40 PM »
I am flying from lax to newark on tuesday. Is there any way to get first class becouse of star allince silver? How to I get kosher food?

Thanx for ur help!!

1- as for a KSML its at best a very small sandwich but call CO @ 800-525-0280 when you finally get a rep tell them you flight info and ask them to requset a KSML for You. This must be done at least 24 hrs before your flight time.

2- I assume you arent a CO Silver = unless you are willing to pay the fare difference you will be sitting in Coach. Even UA Elites still cant get any freebes. and even if you were a CO Silver , its 1 of the hardest Routings even for a Plat to clear the Upgrade on

next time fly UA into JFK non-stop or EWR with astop and as a*S I believe you can pick an E+ seat from get go, = at least 34" of leg room more on the non PS flights into JFK

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 03:57:27 PM »
KSML=Kosher meal for those keeping score at home.

Star Alliance elites do not get upgrades on Continental, period.  Star Alliance elites also do not get Economy Plus on United unless you find a nice agent at the airport.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 04:41:49 PM »
KSML=Kosher meal for those keeping score at home.

Star Alliance elites do not get upgrades on Continental, period.  Star Alliance elites also do not get Economy Plus on United unless you find a nice agent at the airport.

However All of UAs non-stop flights from JFK to LAX or SFO are E+ in Coach but only at 34" while reg E+ is 36"+. So Id rather be on UA with 34" then CO with 31", yes when tall that extra 3" goes a very long way, plus I like UAs Y seats better as well