Author Topic: Verizon Wireless Cellphone Plan Deal  (Read 3029 times)

Offline Daniel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Verizon Wireless Cellphone Plan Deal
« on: April 12, 2010, 05:06:44 AM »
I'm looking for a new cellphone plan in the US, and my VOIP carrier in Israel offered me either:

$30/month- 1200 minutes, 1200 texts, 40mb data
OR
$40/month- Unlimited talk and text, 20mb data

Both with no contract!

Is this a good deal? It seems like it, but I've been out of the US market for a while. They are getting back to me about deals with GSM carriers (Cingular, T-Mobile)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
Re: Verizon Wireless Cellphone Plan Deal
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 01:08:53 PM »
Looks like you're getting this:
http://www.pagepluscellular.com/Plans/Talk%20n%20Text%201200.aspx
http://www.pagepluscellular.com/Plans/Unlimited%20Talk%20n%20Text.aspx

This looks like pre-paid. The people I spoke with said I can't use a pre-paid phone and needs to be a real Verizon phone. Anyways are these good deals or not?

Offline sweety

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 12:47:21 AM »
To use for unlimited phone and text then page plus is the best now

Offline zalman123

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 12:27:05 AM »
To use for unlimited phone and text then page plus is the best now
how about with a data plan?

Offline sweety

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 03:07:31 PM »
data they do dont have any good plans

Offline sprint

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 02:43:28 PM »
FYI, just got an email today (I hav a dea ler a ccount from when they were brand new - for convenience - i dont sell from it - just access the system) from page plus cellular that starting on may 18 or so, the rates for the unlimited talk and text plan will be going up to 44.99 a month.  Its on vzw nationwide, and u CAN use most vzw phones, just some smart phones they ban from the system.(verizon doesnt want them to compete with their premium market, data and smartphones)  If your voip dealer is going to charge u activation - just go thru the site..as long as u r porting, its free to activate a phone and sign up for the plan, if u need more info, pm me.

Offline sprint

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 09:01:32 PM »
Dear Page Plus Dealer:

Effective May 18th, the price of the Unlimited Talk n Text plan will increase from $39.95 to $44.95 per month. At the same time, we are also announcing that unlimited MMS picture messaging is included in the plan (data transfer charges may apply).

This action protects the long-term viability of the Unlimited plan, which remains the best nationwide value for the vast majority of customers. Other providers simply cannot offer as much value because their coverage area is not as strong as ours.

And rest assured that--although other carriers advertise a monthly unlimited price and then add taxes and fees to their customers’ charges--our $44.95 price is the total price of the plan, with no additional hidden taxes or fees.

Current Unlimited Talk n Text customers will be notified of the change in advance via SMS. If the price change falls in the middle of their plan cycle, the increase will not affect them until their renewal date. It is very important to encourage your customers to evaluate their usage. If they do not truly need an unlimited plan, and the $44.95 price would cause them to consider switching service providers, then our Talk n Text 1200 plan at $29.95 per month may be a better option for them.

All Unlimited Talk n Text hard cards and PINs currently in the distribution channel will automatically convert to a $44.95 value the evening of May 18th. After this time they will carry the value of $44.95 when they are replenished, regardless of when they were purchased. This means $5 will be added to each $39.95 card or PIN in your inventory. New hard cards with the $44.95 price are being produced and will be distributed through the normal distribution channel.

Page Plus Management

Daniel,

Implications from above email is that the 30 will stay as is. Keep in mind that the 30 is 1200 min with no mobile to mobile, night and weekend...

No i dont have any gsm carrier recommendations

http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/Smartphone_Ban_FAQ#What_smartphones_are_banned.3F - which smartphones are banned.

Offline hocker

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 11:20:25 PM »
got the same email.     at&t has a $60 unlimited a month

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 02:37:21 PM »
So there's no benefit of signing up now while the price is still $40, right? I'll still have to pay more a month later?

Also, do these prices include taxes?

Why would anyone go to Verizon direct if they can get these with no contract? What are the negatives?

Offline sprint

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 02:52:28 PM »
1. correct - there's pretty much no benefit unless you lay out a for a bunch of cards at 40, if they are even still available( a lot of people may have the same idea - and there's a limit to the supply)
2. These are pre paid as opposed to post paid - in addition to having the benefit of no contract, they are also not subject to all the cell phone taxes, fees, etc..., so 40 includes everything right now
3.PPC dealers are banned from using any verizon signage, and are not even supposed to invoke the vzw name.  Its all in the branding.  If I am not such an educated consumer, I want the best (vzw). Additionally, verizon recognizes that there are a lot of prepaid players in the business of the lower end, and a lot of consumers as well. If they can leverage their towers to make more money - then theyre interested.  PPC pays verizon by the minute used a set amount and ppc bets that the average unlimited customer uses x amount of minutes making it kedai for them to charge 40 (now 45) a month, taking a loss on a few customers, but overall making money on the customers who use not as many minutes.  There is no downside for the user, except for the occasional glitch hearing ur balance after a call, and if u hav to call ppc, theyre impossible to get thru to except late at night, they limit which phones u can use, amd there's no such thing as a free upgrade, phone, etc. Oh, and if you need data regularly, u cant use them.  See the howard forums thread for more info...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 04:25:45 PM by Dan »

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 04:28:16 PM »
What about this to save :

http://www.pageplusdirect.com/wholesale_11.php

Is there a fee to port? And if I want to stop using it later, can I port out for free?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 04:34:36 PM »
What about this to save :

http://www.pageplusdirect.com/wholesale_11.php

Is there a fee to port? And if I want to stop using it later, can I port out for free?
Nice find!
And even cheaper here for bigger orders:
http://www.pageplusdirect.com/wholesale_15.php
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 04:35:34 PM »
are other verizon phones calling in considered mobile 2 mobile with this service?
also do they no longer offer free nights and weekends? what did it cost?
50mb is enough for email and light browsing for a month, no?

Offline sprint

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 08:13:37 PM »
1.no-again this is merely on verizons towers, and accepts their phones, - nothing else to do with verizon
2. see http://www.pagepluscellular.com/Plans/UNW%20Plan.aspx
(in short - they no longer offer it to new customers - but it was .99 cents a day plus per minute charges)
3. 20mb is what u get with the unlmtd, 50 is what u get with the 1200, and u can ask guys who are more techie, but its really not sa much as u might think it is...