Author Topic: Where were you on September 11, 2001?  (Read 79468 times)

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Re: Where were you on September 11, 2001?
« Reply #280 on: September 11, 2019, 10:13:36 AM »
Barclay Street and West Street
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline gingyguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
« Reply #281 on: September 11, 2019, 11:10:22 AM »
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline Yonah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 11, 2019, 11:43:38 AM »
Started the day at a job interview, ended it at the Cornell burn unit at my uncle's bed side.

B"H he survived. Nothing short of a miracle.

Online stooges44

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 11, 2019, 12:10:54 PM »
First time I'm seeing this, not sure what genius put jolly music at the opening and closing  ??? ???

If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Online myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #284 on: September 11, 2019, 12:14:57 PM »
Barclay Street and West Street

How the cars jump? Your car? Ah because of the explosion.
 Now I chop what your profile pic is all about.

The neshamos should all have an Aliyah and be melitz yosher for all of us!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 12:36:41 PM by myi »
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Online myi

• View Profile
« Reply #285 on: September 11, 2019, 12:15:55 PM »
First time I'm seeing this, not sure what genius put jolly music at the opening and closing  ??? ???

. You can watch the video over and over, each time more chilling than the next.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 12:19:31 PM by myi »
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #286 on: September 11, 2019, 12:32:11 PM »
My current neighbor was a high-powered broker working on one of the high floors, got slammed into a wall when the plane hit, lost coworkers/friends.  To this day she doesn't like to talk about it.
What was the highest floor with survivors?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 11, 2019, 12:34:36 PM »
How the cars jump? Your car?
 Now I chop what your profile pic is all about.

The neshamos should all have an Aliyah and be melitz yosher for all of us!
Thats where I found it on Motzei Shabbos. They moved it after 7 World Trade collapsed. It was parked across from Bank of New York 101 Barclay Street around the corner from where I found it. Wish I could find pic of that corner because when I pulled up there, there was a plane engine on the ground on that corner.

Will never forget driving down Broadway from Midtown watching the buildings billowing smoke like two smokestacks. Everyone was walking uptown and only us mishugoyim were driving down there.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline Luvisrael

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 11, 2019, 12:35:20 PM »
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 12:38:26 PM by Luvisrael »

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 11, 2019, 12:36:02 PM »
I think in the north tower there were survivors in the 87th floor range. In the south tower I dont think anyone above the fire line survived.

Offline pdbloom

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 11, 2019, 12:36:51 PM »
I was on my way to work in Piscataway  NJ. As soon as heard  that the first plane hit the WTC, I called  my wife  to tell her there was a major terrorist( before it was confirmed)  attack in NYC as several of our  friends worked at the OU near the WTC.
 Several minutes later I heard  a second plane hit the WTC  and was terrified  WW III  would soon break out.

As Hashgochoh Protis goes , I was supposed to have  a meeting  on Maiden Lane on 9/11 , but was cancelled   for an unknown reason a week earlier. Hashem has   His hand in everything.

Ironically, my father was niftar, 8 years later on 9/11. Although is not the Jewish yahrzeit of Meir ben Eliyahu Hacohen z"l (Mr. Milton Bloom), it is the anniversary date corresponding to the English date September 11 .My father's  mission was to support and secure Eretz Yisroel. He believed we as Jews will be strong only if Israel is strong.I know what America meant to my dear father . It meant the safety and security of all . On September 11 , the attack on our nation was not only a physical attack but an attack on everything we stand for ... My father i was a Veteran  WWII  and very active in the Jewish War Veterans , who fought for the rights of what democracy means , the freedom of making choices and the right to live in freedom and with security.  He was a man of conviction and strong principles..and on September 11 , eighteen years ago America would never be the same.  So when my father left this World on September 11 it was a reminder that we have take on the mission of continuing to fight for our rights and hate antihuman conduct..May his memory be a blessing and may his hopes and prayers for Israel and America come to fruition ..I salute you Dad  and may G-d bless America and Israel.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #291 on: September 11, 2019, 12:44:44 PM »
my father was niftar, 8 years later on 9/11. Although is not the Jewish yahrzeit of Meir ben Eliyahu Hacohen z"l (Mr. Milton Bloom), it is the anniversary date corresponding to the English date September 11 .
Hashem Yispor Bichsov Amim. May his neshama have an aliya.

may G-d bless America and Israel.
Amen!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online myi

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 11, 2019, 12:46:32 PM »
I think in the north tower there were survivors in the 87th floor range. In the south tower I dont think anyone above the fire line survived.
You can see the plane hit in one corner of the building, while there's another 3/4 or let's say 2/4 from where the plane hit, unless the explosion caused the entire floor to be blocked due to the smoke and fire which made it impossible to go down.

Can one imagine such a מיתה?
 A מיתה משונה , one realizes that there's two planes which hit into the buildings and with such an explosion that leaves every one above it to become a karbon and realize his life is over and waiting for what to happen, the concept of a person to know there's 20 minutes left to his life.
   Hali'vay if us who are given 120 Years to live we realize that each and every minute is another gift from the one above and never shall be taken for granted!
  Aside for one with all his body parts and being fully functional!
    מי באש ומי במים...
And I'm sure it's no different like what Happened multiple times over the summer with a person drowning because of water, suffocating and try to catch ones breath to survive!

May the nishomos be an Aliyah for all of us and beh this coming year be zoche to the final geula and not have to suffer any further!

Offline Yonah

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 11, 2019, 12:46:46 PM »

My uncle was on an elevator from the sky lobby on 79 to his office on 104. I imagine he was just below where the plane hit. I don't know if he is the highest floor that had a survivor, but others came down from 79 with him.

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 11, 2019, 12:50:23 PM »
If you really stop to contemplate, its really really horrific. Almost spontaneously, as the towers collapsed, thousands of people(2,606 in the WTC and surrounding areas according to Wikipedia) were pulverized in middle of NYC. Its really mind boggling...

Offline Yonah

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 11, 2019, 12:51:56 PM »
You can see the plane hit in one corner of the building, while there's another 3/4 or let's say 2/4 from where the plane hit, unless the explosion caused the entire floor to be blocked due to the smoke and fire which made it impossible to go down.

A מיתה משונה , one realizes that there's two planes which hit into the buildings and with such an explosion that leaves every one above it to become a karbon and realize his life is over and waiting for what to happen, the concept of a person to know there's 20 minutes left to his life.
   Hali'vay if us who are given 120 Years to live we realize that each and every minute is another gift from the one above and never shall be taken for granted!
  Aside for one with all his body parts and being fully functional!
    מי באש ומי במים...
And I'm sure it's no different like what Happened multiple times over the summer with a person drowning because of water, suffocating and try to catch ones breath to survive!

May the nishomos be an Aliyah for all of us and beh this coming year be zoche to the final geula and not have to suffer any further!

If memory serves, there was a widely published story about a frum man (I believe his name was biegelisen, but not sure) who was above the fire line, and called his family - knowing he wouldn't survive. He had an opportunity to talk with his wife and children before the phone went dead.

Worse than that, to me, are the dozens of people who knew they were in that matzav, who literally chose to jump to their deaths so that their bodies would be found, rather than burned to a crisp.

Online stooges44

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 11, 2019, 12:53:12 PM »
If memory serves, there was a widely published story about a frum man (I believe his name was biegelisen, but not sure) who was above the fire line, and called his family - knowing he wouldn't survive. He had an opportunity to talk with his wife and children before the phone went dead.

Worse than that, to me, are the dozens of people who knew they were in that matzav, who literally chose to jump to their deaths so that their bodies would be found, rather than burned to a crisp.

https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/general/1785716/in-memory-of-shimmy-biegeleisen-hyd-9-11-terror-victim.html
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Online myi

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 11, 2019, 12:54:18 PM »
My uncle was on an elevator from the sky lobby on 79 to his office on 104. I imagine he was just below where the plane hit. I don't know if he is the highest floor that had a survivor, but others came down from 79 with him.
I would think the elevator cables and weights would snap because of the explosion!
   Wow Miracles of miracles...

As much as we look at what happend and how everything that happened was orchestrated from the one above, we humans can never understand, only to better ourselves, but just to look at what happened to many people, where they were suppose to be, here and there at that time and why they weren't in the buildings, how and why it was canceled, why they missed the flight and all the outright miracles one saw from the whole thing.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 11, 2019, 12:54:30 PM »

I stood next to an FBI agent on West Street and saw through his binoculars 2 scenes that haunt me and probably will for the rest of my life. One was a gentleman in a suit who had jumped with his tie fluttering in the wind. The second, a man and woman who had tried to fashion a parachute out of some cloth (window shades or tablecloth) and jumped. Needless to say that didnt work.

Offline Luvisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 11, 2019, 12:54:36 PM »
"It will get worse. By the end of 2018, many expect that more people will have died from their toxic exposure from 9/11 than were killed on that terrible Tuesday. "

https://www.lohud.com/story/opinion/perspective/2018/09/06/deaths-9-11-aftermath-soon-outpace-number-killed-sept-11/1137572002/