Author Topic: Best Jewish advertising options?  (Read 18329 times)

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Best Jewish newspaper for advertising?
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2015, 12:54:42 PM »
What kind of croud folow @kolhaolam? Is it mainly Bochurim, or are there families that follow? they charge $200 a tweet.
I think the chasidishe crowd goes for it.

Offline Zevi16

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2015, 08:57:52 AM »
I understand everyone says its very worth it to advertise on DD. @kolhaolam charge $200 a shot and its pretty good response. Do you still think its worth the extra $ for DD?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 09:17:53 AM by Zevi16 »

Offline zlt123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2015, 09:02:20 AM »
I dont understand your Q do the math and you'l get your answer DD reaches 4 X the amount of people than kolhaolam

Offline Zevi16

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2015, 09:08:03 AM »
I dont understand your Q do the math and you'l get your answer DD reaches 4 X the amount of people than kolhaolam
i understand but all of kolhaolam are the category of which i am targeting. Are all 70000 DD viewers?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 09:11:53 AM by Zevi16 »

Offline zlt123

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2015, 09:15:35 AM »
Even if only %50 is frum thats stil more than kolhaolam thats has only 33956 followers & i think its closer %80-%90 frumme people

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2015, 09:18:08 AM »
I'd guess 85% frum.
Every advertiser we've heard feedback from has told us that DD response is far superior to anything else out there, BH.
Nobody else has as many people getting texts, viewing and clicking on the daily emails, seeing the lone ad at the top of the site, etc.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 09:22:45 AM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline zlt123

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2015, 09:22:38 AM »
BTW zevi16 why did you edit your post & took off the DD prices? I always wanted to know how much it cost

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2015, 09:23:53 AM »
BTW zevi16 why did you edit your post & took off the DD prices? I always wanted to know how much it cost
It's not meant for online publishing. If someone has a serious inquiry they can email me jj@dansdeals.com.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Elelem

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Best Jewish advertising outlets?
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2020, 04:57:31 PM »
I want to advertise a chol hamoed activity within a two hour drive of ny/nj/pa (even baltimore) and I'm looking for the best places to advertise with biggest bang for the buck. Researched this last a few years back, but things change, and last post about this in DDF is from 2015 :)

Here's the list I made from last time I researched in no specific order, but if you can comment on this list what you think is most popular/wide ranged in tri state area, and what you suggest should come off or be added, or if there are other ideas you have (statuses, etc). Even better if you can comment based on your experience!
Thanks so much!

Matzav.com – offered a middle banner and article.

Vin News- https://vosizneias.com/

The 5 towns paper this would be a ½ page print ad before Sukkot

Flatbush Jewish Journal full page print ad https://www.flatbushjewishjournal.com/

Lakewood Scoop https://www.thelakewoodscoop.com/ mix between banner and print

https://yated.com/ half page print

The voice of Lakewood print publication

The Weekly link print publication ½ page https://weeklylink.com/issues/

https://www.Dansdeals.com

(I'm aware Jewish press is a good idea but a bit out of budget for me right now.)

Please comment and share your thoughts!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 05:12:08 PM by Elelem »

Offline username

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
Re: Best Jewish advertising outlets?
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2020, 04:59:26 PM »
See Forum Rules #6.
^^^

Offline Elelem

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2020, 05:13:43 PM »
See Forum Rules #6.
Thanks for pointing that out! Edited. I didn't realize the genre of that link.
And what are your thoughts about the rest of the outlets? :)

Offline username

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
  • Programs: ┌──────────────────┐ │───> Ữ₴ΣЯИΛΜӘ <─── │ └──────────────────┘
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2020, 05:17:39 PM »
I believe that for your question, all online Jewish sites would be considered competing sites.
Just my opinion, take it or leave it.

And I'm not in the tri-state area.
^^^

Offline Elelem

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2020, 05:33:09 PM »
I believe that for your question, all online Jewish sites would be considered competing sites.
Just my opinion, take it or leave it.

And I'm not in the tri-state area.
I hear ya, I don't think that is the intention of the rule as other Jewish websites (news sites etc) are posted here daily, on threads that dan and jj comment on, including this similar thread from 2012 and last commented on 2015.  https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Edansdeals%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D20132%2E0&share_tid=20132&share_fid=16768&share_type=t&link_source=app

But if you have any feedback on the readership/reach of outlets in the tru state area, please let me know, thanks!!

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2020, 06:13:02 PM »
I'd guess 85% frum.
Every advertiser we've heard feedback from has told us that DD response is far superior to anything else out there, BH.
Nobody else has as many people getting texts, viewing and clicking on the daily emails, seeing the lone ad at the top of the site, etc.
This makes a lot of sense to me.

There is a lot more to advertising than just numbers and exposure. The sentiments your brain feel when you see an ad shapes your opinion about it.

For example, in most ads, a person will have a subconscious hesitation to believe the product or service is for their benefit, because someone - by very virtue that they paid money for me to see the ad - is set to gain by me believing it. Seeing the advertiser as the person on the other side of the money-making transaction creates a barrier.

On the other hand, when an ad is put forth by someone you feel a connection to, such as a plug on DDF for one's own product, many more people will take it seriously, as most of us have a natural trust and camaraderie to our fellow DDFers. So we are therefore much more inclined to follow through with the purchase - based solely on where (and from who) we saw the ad.

Paid ads on Dans Deals - while they may not have the benefit of an intimate plug by a DDFer, still have benefits. Many frequent DansDealers - even if they are not DDFers - feel like they are part of a club (partially thanks to the mood set by Dan's commentary posts and other non-deal posts). This is obviously accentuated greatly for DDFers. Additionally, and perhaps more importantly, people associate what they see on Dans Deals with savings, and their brain will make a connection between the familiar blue logo and the "savings" they are reading about on the page. This makes Dans Deals much more effective than news sites - even if someone feels a personal connection to that news site.

This is just my opinion (naturally), take it or leave it.

And no, Dan did not write this post using my username.  ;)

Offline Elelem

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Best Jewish advertising options?
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2020, 06:43:05 PM »
This makes a lot of sense to me.

There is a lot more to advertising than just numbers and exposure. The sentiments your brain feel when you see an ad shapes your opinion about it.

For example, in most ads, a person will have a subconscious hesitation to believe the product or service is for their benefit, because someone - by very virtue that they paid money for me to see the ad - is set to gain by me believing it. Seeing the advertiser as the person on the other side of the money-making transaction creates a barrier.

On the other hand, when an ad is put forth by someone you feel a connection to, such as a plug on DDF for one's own product, many more people will take it seriously, as most of us have a natural trust and camaraderie to our fellow DDFers. So we are therefore much more inclined to follow through with the purchase - based solely on where (and from who) we saw the ad.

Paid ads on Dans Deals - while they may not have the benefit of an intimate plug by a DDFer, still have benefits. Many frequent DansDealers - even if they are not DDFers - feel like they are part of a club (partially thanks to the mood set by Dan's commentary posts and other non-deal posts). This is obviously accentuated greatly for DDFers. Additionally, and perhaps more importantly, people associate what they see on Dans Deals with savings, and their brain will make a connection between the familiar blue logo and the "savings" they are reading about on the page. This makes Dans Deals much more effective than news sites - even if someone feels a personal connection to that news site.

This is just my opinion (naturally), take it or leave it.

Thanks yitzy! My superiors advertised on dansdeals in the past, and were quite happy with the results!
Looking for feedback on other outlets to add to the list

Offline lubaby

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2020, 06:53:55 PM »
Of course anybody writing and pretending to be somebody else would write that ::)

Offline incendia

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2020, 10:33:09 PM »
I want to advertise a chol hamoed activity within a two hour drive of ny/nj/pa (even baltimore) and I'm looking for the best places to advertise with biggest bang for the buck. Researched this last a few years back, but things change, and last post about this in DDF is from 2015 :)

Please comment and share your thoughts!

The bigger news Whatsapp feeds

Offline Elelem

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2020, 11:06:07 PM »
The bigger news Whatsapp feeds
Thanks! Have you advertised with a WhatsApp feed before? Which do you recommend?

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2020, 12:35:08 AM »
Having dealt with a few frum advertising places, where Dan's Deals stands apart is not only in effectiveness and ROI, but the standards and honesty. So many Instagram and other personalities push product without disclosing it is a paid ad. Competing deal sites even have more expensive pricing for your ad to be worded as a hot deal. It's all quite gross if not surprising.

Offline Hjay

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2020, 12:46:32 AM »
Thanks! Have you advertised with a WhatsApp feed before? Which do you recommend?

Never done it before but I’d recommend kol haolam