Author Topic: amex blue sky targeted offer  (Read 1821 times)

Offline glasses dude

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
amex blue sky targeted offer
« on: September 12, 2012, 08:12:34 PM »
Hey i just got an offer in the mail for 30k bonus blue sky points for $500 spend in 3 months. Is now the time to sign up? theres no anual fee and might be a good card to have in the event of having to shift credit lines with amex. Might also be good to help suplement starwood points for cash and points to get the cash back. Its equal to $400 statement credit...any thoughts?

Offline CholentTheTraveler

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, United, Hertz Gold, SPG Gold
Re: amex blue sky targeted offer
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 08:27:56 PM »
theres no anual fee and might be a good card to have in the event of having to shift credit lines with amex.  Its equal to $400 statement credit...any thoughts?
The no annual fee and having the protection of Amex is about the only thing with this card. This was the 1st Amex card I ever got and still have a bunch of points(which are borderline useless) there.
The $400 statement credit is for travel or in general as I know travel is worth a lot more when converting.

If you are applying for this might as well chap arein and get 2 other Amex cards while you are getting a pull.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 08:32:58 PM »
The no annual fee and having the protection of Amex is about the only thing with this card. This was the 1st Amex card I ever got and still have a bunch of points(which are borderline useless) there.

Did you try getting those points transferred to MR? No luck?
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 08:44:54 PM »
Did you try getting those points transferred to MR? No luck?
SM, twitter and even friends who work there and nothing  :-[
Perhaps it might be worth referring a friend and then cashing out for some travel related reward(gift card?).

Offline glasses dude

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 09:24:58 PM »
The $400 statement credit is for travel or in general as I know travel is worth a lot more when converting.

If you are applying for this might as well chap arein and get 2 other Amex cards while you are getting a pull.
I would forsure also apply for other cards along with this, what i was thinkin was if im gonna book a hotel using starwood cash and points i could get up to $400 of the cash back with this cuz hotels are travel...or a free rental.

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 09:30:54 PM »
I would forsure also apply for other cards along with this, what i was thinkin was if im gonna book a hotel using starwood cash and points i could get up to $400 of the cash back with this cuz hotels are travel...or a free rental.
It is not nearly as good a "chap" as say Amex Gold(free for 1st year) but you have less stress in terms of downgrading and spending threshold. I have had no issues with my card and used $1500 for a flight 2 years ago(yes I am "new" to Amex).