Author Topic: US AIRWAYS BUSINESS CLASS  (Read 13615 times)

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: US AIRWAYS BUSINESS CLASS
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 07:47:33 AM »
its actually because of all the extra attention/needs we have. usually flying with kids, kosher meals, extra hand luggage etc and not so much because of being obnoxious.

that was my exact point.

Its the way they go about demanding these things ,Ok sometimes asking (rather than demand). I've seen familys with 3-4 kids also flying and no way do they come near what a reg Frum family does. Unfortunately there is an Attitude problem on the Frum peoples part, and at times yes the FAs as well

Offline damaxer91

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2010, 10:34:34 AM »
Do all US Airways flights to Tel Aviv have the new business class seats?

4/5 of them

Offline Yordai Dooma

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2010, 02:00:41 PM »
i flew the US airways flight today from Israel to PHL.

We originally has 2 business class seats flying through Europe and were rebooked on US.

There was only one seat left in Envoy, so we took that and a coach seat.
When the flight departed, there was an extra seat in Envoy, but they would not let my wife sit there even though we paid for BIZ class originally. They said it was a revenue seat and she could not sit there because we paid with miles.

The seat- very comfortable, lies completely flat (much more comfortable than the LH airbus biz clas seats).

The crew- WOW! Have never had nastier service. I was wearing a baseball cap, but perhaps my sefira beard and the kosher meal gave it away). I was in Envoy and my wife was in coach with my son. The head flight attendant would not let my pregnant wife sit in business instead of me. When i tried to go back and help her, she got mad at me and told me i can only go back once. i ignored her and went back to help her every so often.

The food was airline food. Nothing special (better than the kosher lepesach meal i had the day after pesach in biz class on LH)

If i had a choice, i would take anything else other than US. I really despised the service and the way we were treated. There was one nice flight attendant out of the crew...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 02:08:15 PM »

We originally has 2 business class seats flying through Europe and were rebooked on US.

When the flight departed, there was an extra seat in Envoy, but they would not let my wife sit there even though we paid for BIZ class originally. They said it was a revenue seat and she could not sit there because we paid with miles.

The seat- very comfortable, lies completely flat (much more comfortable than the LH airbus biz clas seats).

The crew- WOW! Have never had nastier service. I was wearing a baseball cap, but perhaps my sefira beard and the kosher meal gave it away). I was in Envoy and my wife was in coach with my son. The head flight attendant would not let my pregnant wife sit in business instead of me. When i tried to go back and help her, she got mad at me and told me i can only go back once. i ignored her and went back to help her every so often.

The food was airline food. Nothing special (better than the kosher lepesach meal i had the day after pesach in biz class on LH)

If i had a choice, i would take anything else other than US. I really despised the service and the way we were treated. There was one nice flight attendant out of the crew...
Exactly why I avoid US...I can't wait for CO to finish with their lie-flat installations!
Did you ask the gate agent before you boarded if there was an extra envoy seat?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010, 02:27:57 PM »

I dont think there was anything she could have done if you wanted to switch with your wife. Of cause she would be 100% correct if she refused to allow you to walk up to Biz if you were in coach

also if the GA didnt put you in Biz then the FAs can lose their job if they do w/o being told to do so by the GA. CO is no different when it comes to guarding their FC/BF cabins. It doesnt make a difference what your tkt is for the FAs arent empowered to change things.

also CO allows for 1 seat switch = you can start off in it and tell them your wife is gonna now sit there but once done you cant reswitch and  go back to it. Maybe US doesnt even allow for that, which is hard for me to believe

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA EXP/LT Platinum, SPG gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE,
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2010, 03:00:56 PM »
Exactly why I avoid US...I can't wait for CO to finish with their lie-flat installations!
Did you ask the gate agent before you boarded if there was an extra envoy seat?

Of course i did. The supervisor, a classic hard nosed israeli wanted me to pay him $700.00 even though she had a business class seat originally on our original itinerary. I asked if we could switch and her stay there permanently and was told she absolutely could not! Also, walking from coach to biz i understand....but from biz to coach??? of course you are allowed to do that...

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010, 04:07:09 PM »
but from biz to coach??? of course you are allowed to do that...
+1, never had a problem on numerous CO flights walking from BusinessFirst to Coach or switching mid-flight with a coach passenger.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2010, 05:11:59 PM »
+1, never had a problem on numerous CO flights walking from BusinessFirst to Coach or switching mid-flight with a coach passenger.

did they allow you to reswitch back? I know people who switched and when they wanted to switch back were Told Sorry we dont allow more then 1 switch. Nor do I Blame them for such a policy! CO that is

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2010, 06:14:18 PM »
did they allow you to reswitch back?
Didn't try.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2010, 08:50:35 PM »
We are furious at US airways. We used 230k United miles for business class seats, paid $116 in taxes for each of us and $585 in taxes for my son (under 2 -lap child). On the way to TLV, we got our business seats and had 2 amazing flights on LH. On the way back, we got 1 business class seat and terrible service. Should i be complaining to United or US?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 08:54:59 PM »
We are furious at US airways. We used 230k United miles for business class seats, paid $116 in taxes for each of us and $585 in taxes for my son (under 2 -lap child). On the way to TLV, we got our business seats and had 2 amazing flights on LH. On the way back, we got 1 business class seat and terrible service. Should i be complaining to United or US?
Both

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2010, 09:14:25 PM »
Both

Who should i be expecting some sort of refund and/or compensation from? both?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2010, 09:27:18 PM »
Who should i be expecting some sort of refund and/or compensation from? both?

US only owed you what ever UA booked you for, which it seems is 1 Envoy and 1 coach Compensation is only the differnce between what you paid for Biz r/t and 1 way Biz and 1 way Coach which is 20k,Since US didnt have 2 award seats available 95k is biz and coach on *A, also you are due a refund for the FRA taxes you paid for the way back since you didnt go to FRA, cant comment on a lap child since Im out of the loop on that.

terrible service complain to US but I dont see them giving you anything, besides 1st find out what their policy is to see how far the FAs wronged you. UA has nothing to do with this since it wasnt a UA metal flight

I dont blame you for grabbing whatever you were able to. Ive been following CO flights the past few days since the Vol issue and almost every single flight was completely full in both cabins, with the exception of its Shabbos flights.I imagine US was the same

Offline Yoel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Gold Medallion, Premier Platinum
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2010, 11:45:35 PM »
Im flying to manchester uk with UA in business on a Airbus A330 next week, how do I know if it will have the lie flat seats?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2010, 12:30:06 AM »
Im flying to manchester uk with UA in business on a Airbus A330 next week, how do I know if it will have the lie flat seats?

I highly doubt you are flying on UA as UA doesnt fly to MAN, nor does UA have any of the A-330s in its fleet

I do think you meant to say you are flying on US out of PHL

In that case the only lie  flat on the A-333 is Envoy Sleeper Class which is not Envoy Class which you most probabably are in = you will be in the old biz seats 165 degree recline. the lie-flats are on US A-330-200 planes

Offline Yoel

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 18
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Gold Medallion, Premier Platinum
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2010, 11:02:03 AM »
Correct, I am flying US Airways, thanx for the info.

Offline Yosel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2010, 03:01:15 PM »

I just returned this morning from a round trip PHL to TLV in envoy class with the lie-flat seats it was an awesome experience on both legs.

No antisemitism or anything like that...... yes the kosher food was the usual non appetizing stuff.

Would do again

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2010, 05:31:49 PM »
I just returned this morning from a round trip PHL to TLV in envoy class with the lie-flat seats it was an awesome experience on both legs.

No antisemitism or anything like that...... yes the kosher food was the usual non appetizing stuff.

Would do again

Apparently you didnt get our crew. lol. US airways is supposed to be calling me back in the next 2 days regarding compensation. We shall see...

Offline SuperFlyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2010, 05:40:43 PM »
A tip for next time: let your wife + baby sit in envoy.

I as a steward wouldn't be impressed (pleased), to see the father enjoy himself while his wife is in cargo.
If you wife would sit in first with the baby, and the baby would nudge, and your wife would say that only her hubby can calm him, believe me you would be sitting in envoy.

Offline Yordai Dooma

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2010, 10:08:27 PM »
A tip for next time: let your wife + baby sit in envoy.

I as a steward wouldn't be impressed (pleased), to see the father enjoy himself while his wife is in cargo.
If you wife would sit in first with the baby, and the baby would nudge, and your wife would say that only her hubby can calm him, believe me you would be sitting in envoy.

Here ill reemphasize what i wrote in my original post: "The head flight attendant would not let my pregnant wife sit in business instead of me." I tried everything. She would not let my wife sit there instead of me with or without the baby.