Author Topic: Anyone know of a good fare from JFK-TLV  (Read 1500 times)

Offline bentch

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Anyone know of a good fare from JFK-TLV
« on: April 13, 2010, 02:33:21 PM »
I'm looking to leave April 28th and come back May 30th. I've looked on websites, and the prices are a little high.  Does anyone know of any good travel agents that can help me score a good deal?

thanks

Offline me

• View Profile
Re: Anyone know of a good fare from JFK-TLV
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 02:47:27 PM »
Im also looking for a travel agent recomendation for travel in the beginning of june for 10 days... cheapest is online for just under $1200... Any ideas?

Offline steve2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 02:48:21 PM »
I'm looking to leave April 28th and come back May 30th. I've looked on websites, and the prices are a little high.  Does anyone know of any good travel agents that can help me score a good deal?

thanks

try calling Global ad on the main page of DD or Travelers Choice, but I dont think they have anything Orbitz isnt showing.These TAs usually are Only useful for cheap fares when they are selling their Group Flights thats where someone took a large block of seats off the Carriers hands and needs to unload them or lose some serious $$$ which is usually around Yom Tov time and then you dont get to chosse your dates or flights but like any Japanese car dealer will show you what they have and then you can chose from whats avaialble , so Id say for a month stay they wouldnt be of much help since no group wil be going for that length of time

Id go with Orbitz and JFK as EWR or PHL is usually more $$$ , less competetion and not many European Carriers and 2nd level Carriers flying into EWR or PHL especially PHL
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 03:49:44 PM by steve2 »

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 03:24:31 PM »
I'm looking to leave April 28th and come back May 30th. I've looked on websites, and the prices are a little high.  Does anyone know of any good travel agents that can help me score a good deal?

thanks

off Orbitz 4/28 AA JFK-FCO 7:55pm-7:55am

LY 10:05am-2:30pm (ElAl)

5/30  LX 5am-8:20am ZRH (Swiss)

AA 10:20am-1:05pm

$1278 the cheapest being offered

if there was anything with the TAs I mentioned above I dont think it would save that much off these fares

well $1169 beats $1278 only question is if its avaialble for the dates you want or close to it, if not the exact dates of 4/28-5/30 get the dates they have and quickly check orbitz to see if in fact its the cheapest way. So if its less than $1278 for 4/28 & 5/30 grab it any other dates check 1st
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 03:52:12 PM by steve2 »

Offline bentch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 04:51:43 PM »
great thank you so much for all the replys. i will keep checking. but any chance prices will drop?

Offline steve2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 05:18:35 PM »
great thank you so much for all the replys. i will keep checking. but any chance prices will drop?

what I dont like is that the usual European Carriers that are close to $1000 arent that cheap and as you saw AA came in the cheapest, cant remember seeing something like that.Turkish is usually in the high $900s and its $1400+ I think thats what I saw

also as its only a couple of weeks away Id think fares wont be dropping and that Those ElCheapos have already been picked up.

remember if Iberia has sold out its alotment of ElCheapos to MAD even thou they havent MAD-TLV they wont open the cheaper buckets, so its not necessarily that TLV doesnt have the space or it can be vice versa The TLV flight doesnt have the cheap seats left. Just hard for me to believe thats the case with all the Carriers, so my Guess is (thats all it is) is the cheap fares to or from Europe are gone

Ive seen in the past where they did in fact drop a couple of days later.With 2 weeks to go, I wouldnt wait till the last sec, it can go up just as well as go down