Author Topic: United Mileage Plus  (Read 234109 times)

Offline Calculations

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: United Mileage Plus
« Reply #660 on: January 30, 2023, 01:24:45 AM »
Is there a way to book a direct flight overseas with United miles on dates that United’s site does not give me the option of the direct flight to that city at all?

Offline arflights

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 30, 2023, 08:35:24 PM »
Is there a way to book a direct flight overseas with United miles on dates that United’s site does not give me the option of the direct flight to that city at all?

Sure.
PM me for a good deal on flights

Offline Calculations

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 30, 2023, 08:43:20 PM »
Sure.
Could you tell me please how?

They don’t give an option of the direct flight at all on that dates I’m looking for no matter if I search it on saver award or money,
But on other sites I do get options of the direct flight and even an option to book it through United too.

Offline JACKBLUE

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 30, 2023, 11:42:05 PM »
Could you tell me please how?

They don’t give an option of the direct flight at all on that dates I’m looking for no matter if I search it on saver award or money,
But on other sites I do get options of the direct flight and even an option to book it through United too.
You’re obviously doing something wrong. If you would give some details maybe someone can point out what you’re not doing good.

Offline Calculations

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 30, 2023, 11:52:36 PM »
You’re obviously doing something wrong. If you would give some details maybe someone can point out what you’re not doing good.
I’m just searching round trip on United milage plus saver award NYC-VIE departing April 3 and returning April 16-18 and no direct flight options and if I would consider with a stop not such good options either but my main thing is I’m trying to get direct flight.

P.S. a few weeks ago they did have me that option for a day or 2 when I just checked and now I wanna book but I want direct flight.

Thanks for help and let me know what you get when you search it.

Offline JACKBLUE

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 31, 2023, 12:04:03 AM »
I’m just searching round trip on United milage plus saver award NYC-VIE departing April 3 and returning April 16-18 and no direct flight options and if I would consider with a stop not such good options either but my main thing is I’m trying to get direct flight.

P.S. a few weeks ago they did have me that option for a day or 2 when I just checked and now I wanna book but I want direct flight.

Thanks for help and let me know what you get when you search it.
United doesn’t fly to VIE. You can buy an Austrian ticket on United.com
For cash. I just checked April 3rd and saver isn’t available. You can keep checking to see if it open up.
Good luck.

Offline Calculations

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 31, 2023, 12:07:19 AM »
United doesn’t fly to VIE. You can buy an Austrian ticket on United.com
For cash. I just checked April 3rd and saver isn’t available. You can keep checking to see if it open up.
Good luck.
Got it this is what I’m checking for,

Per your experience, do you think it’s worth it waiting if it, will it open up? because otherwise if I’m gonna end up booking it through UR chase portal though United I don’t want it should go up a lot more from now or lose that direct option too.

What are the chances it should open up?

Offline DealJew

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold Elite
« Reply #667 on: January 31, 2023, 02:30:10 PM »
I booked a united flight through Chase. There was a 1.5 scheduele change and chase sent me a email that they want me to accept the change. I obliviosly dont want to because i now have a free one time flight change and free cancellation. Could they cancel my reservation if i dont accept the change or can i just leave it as is?
PM me for airline compensation help. Your case is not lost!

Offline ari3

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 31, 2023, 11:56:16 PM »
I booked a united flight through Chase. There was a 1.5 scheduele change and chase sent me a email that they want me to accept the change. I obliviosly dont want to because i now have a free one time flight change and free cancellation. Could they cancel my reservation if i dont accept the change or can i just leave it as is?
I have a reservation in that state for a few months and it hasn't been cancelled. I don't see why they would cancel it.

Offline DealJew

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold Elite
« Reply #669 on: February 01, 2023, 06:38:04 AM »
I have Star alliance gold status through turkish airlines and want to use the benefits on a united flight but i still want to earn united miles for this flight, is that possible?

Offline shapsam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 01, 2023, 07:21:02 AM »
I have Star alliance gold status through turkish airlines and want to use the benefits on a united flight but i still want to earn united miles for this flight, is that possible?
Yes. Add your TK number so you can check in with gold benefits and you can access the lounge. Then go to the gate and ask them to update the frequent flyer number to United.

Offline afro

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 02, 2023, 07:54:01 PM »
Booking award ticket from EWR - TLV and pricing is fluctuating every 30 minutes. Is this normal?
I will not respond to PM about the UPS method.

I will not respond to PM about the BBLD method.

Online UKinNYS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: February 02, 2023, 08:08:07 PM »
seems like the new normal with 'dynamic pricing'
Booking award ticket from EWR - TLV and pricing is fluctuating every 30 minutes. Is this normal?

Offline points 99

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 02, 2023, 09:07:37 PM »
United raised their price to upgrade your status. Last year, I had Gold, and was offered to buy up to Platinum for around $1200. This year, the offer is for $4,415!!
Upgrading to platinum would give me 40 plus points which would be enough for an upgrade to business when flying to TLV, but even that is not guaranteed, and definitely not worth paying $4k+
Wondering how much they are charging anyone with platinum, to upgrade to 1k, which would give an additional 240 plus points

Offline DealJew

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 03, 2023, 05:21:27 AM »
United raised their price to upgrade your status. Last year, I had Gold, and was offered to buy up to Platinum for around $1200. This year, the offer is for $4,415!!
Upgrading to platinum would give me 40 plus points which would be enough for an upgrade to business when flying to TLV, but even that is not guaranteed, and definitely not worth paying $4k+
Wondering how much they are charging anyone with platinum, to upgrade to 1k, which would give an additional 240 plus points

Is the upgrade a special offer? I've never seen the option to upgrade.

Offline points 99

• View Profile
« Reply #675 on: February 05, 2023, 12:10:55 AM »
when did United start basic economy to TLV?

Offline Danlover111

• View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 05, 2023, 07:21:13 AM »

Offline VLK

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 06, 2023, 03:20:07 PM »
I am 3 Flights and $600 in spending short to complete my United Platinum Status Challenge that expires next week. Looking for quickest routing out of NYC for a mileage run, any ideas?

Or another way I can get the challenge completed?

Online crownsbroyal

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 07, 2023, 11:41:17 AM »
Hi, I am considering to book a miles ticket to Israel on United and I need some advice.  The flight is many months out and they do not have any good mileage flights from departure city. But they do have some crazy flights with two stop overs through Egypt or Turkey with Saver pricing.  My thought would be to book one of these flights in hopes that the flight times change at some point in the next few months and then they would allow me to change my flight for the same price to a more direct flight (and through better connections). And if they don't I can always cancel the tickets for a full refund.  My question is if anyone knows which airline,  Turkish Airlines or Egypt Air are more likely to do a flight time change? or is it completely a crap shoot.   

Offline Aps

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 07, 2023, 12:20:20 PM »
If I book a United economy ticket through chase portal does it have the same free changes and cancellation (before 30 days) like when I book direct with united? (I'm permier silver if that makes a differnece