Author Topic: Stocks  (Read 1179325 times)

Offline miles lover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Stocks
« Reply #3500 on: March 14, 2019, 10:19:30 PM »
Can anyone recommend a good fund to invest in ? I’m looking for the higher risk funds. Would definitely be a plus if I can invest it through chase, since I would be getting the 60k bonus if I were to invest via chase. I was looking into TRP and the funds which I wanted from them weren’t available through chase. I would certainly be opened to invest out of chase but if it’s the same kind of fund then 60k UR would be the kicker.

Offline ludmila

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #3501 on: March 15, 2019, 12:03:55 AM »
So is there anything worh buying atm?
I have been buying gold stocks, but I buy on pullbacks, and then sell on rallies, buy again on pullbacks, doing very well with these trades.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: March 15, 2019, 12:06:57 AM »
Can anyone recommend a good fund to invest in ? I’m looking for the higher risk funds. Would definitely be a plus if I can invest it through chase, since I would be getting the 60k bonus if I were to invest via chase. I was looking into TRP and the funds which I wanted from them weren’t available through chase. I would certainly be opened to invest out of chase but if it’s the same kind of fund then 60k UR would be the kicker.
Better than mutual funds , for investors , not traders, is to buy an index fund that mirrors the S&P 500 or NDX if you are looking for more volatility.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #3503 on: March 18, 2019, 05:12:06 PM »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline boruchmig

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: March 18, 2019, 06:06:41 PM »
When it comes to options on robinhood, Is there any way to set something similar to a stop loss?.
Or are there any other workarounds

Offline mendy from lakewood

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, National EE, Hertz Presidential.
« Reply #3505 on: March 18, 2019, 09:57:58 PM »
When it comes to options on robinhood, Is there any way to set something similar to a stop loss?.
Or are there any other workarounds
no
"Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, Loyalty is returned"

Offline Hudi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: March 19, 2019, 11:33:39 AM »
Question for the experts. I'm currently invested in VFINX, TRBCX, SWSSX, and SWPPX Mutual funds. Is there any wisdom in selling now (while it's still on the up) and waiting it out until the upcoming recession to reinvest it?

Online yos9694

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: March 19, 2019, 11:47:55 AM »
Question for the experts. I'm currently invested in VFINX, TRBCX, SWSSX, and SWPPX Mutual funds. Is there any wisdom in selling now (while it's still on the up) and waiting it out until the upcoming recession to reinvest it?

Ah, good old market timing. The conventional answer is you probably won't get the timing right so don't do anything. If you do get the timing right then you're a winner, but what do you think the odds are?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
-- Dan

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: March 19, 2019, 11:18:45 PM »
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-03-19/top-hedge-fund-says-buy-gold-sell-stocks-in-trade-of-century
That is what I have been doing for a while now, keep adding to my gold , silver and platinum long futures and a variety of gold stocks, buying on every dip , my average costs are well below current prices. But the trade of the century was Palladium which doubled since last August, I feel so bad by selling all my palladium physical holdings between $680 and $740, I was in between $250 and $300, reached $1600 today , very overbought now , and could be the best short in the near future. Platinum is a screaming buy , i started buying below $800 and now we are @$860, the high during the last run up was around $2300.
I'll look to short the ES, NDX and stocks at the first sign of a downtrend.

Online dealfinder11

• View Profile
« Reply #3510 on: March 19, 2019, 11:35:10 PM »
Anyone buying $BA?

Already bought and sold (made 3%) and bought again @ 168. My analysis is that there are only 2 dominant airplane manufacturers and Airbus is really backlogged on orders, which is part of the reason for BA demand/success. People still need to fly and the demand for aircraft currently far outpaces the supply, so for an airline to transition to Airbus would not only be cost prohibitive but also extremely hard to pull off. Also, you have to have confidence in Boeing’s ability to figure out the flaw and correct it. In 2012 after launching the 787,  they had some issues with the Dreamliner batteries, and it took BA 3 months to solve, yet the stock was up 80% that year. And lastly from a technicals standpoint the $160 floor has shown resistance.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: March 20, 2019, 12:11:58 AM »
Already bought and sold (made 3%) and bought again @ 168. My analysis is that there are only 2 dominant airplane manufacturers and Airbus is really backlogged on orders, which is part of the reason for BA demand/success. People still need to fly and the demand for aircraft currently far outpaces the supply, so for an airline to transition to Airbus would not only be cost prohibitive but also extremely hard to pull off. Also, you have to have confidence in Boeing’s ability to figure out the flaw and correct it. In 2012 after launching the 787,  they had some issues with the Dreamliner batteries, and it took BA 3 months to solve, yet the stock was up 80% that year. And lastly from a technicals standpoint the $160 floor has shown resistance.
Where are you seeing Boeing at those prices? Hasn’t been there in 2 years.
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: March 20, 2019, 12:20:58 AM »
That is what I have been doing for a while now, keep adding to my gold , silver and platinum long futures and a variety of gold stocks, buying on every dip , my average costs are well below current prices. But the trade of the century was Palladium which doubled since last August, I feel so bad by selling all my palladium physical holdings between $680 and $740, I was in between $250 and $300, reached $1600 today , very overbought now , and could be the best short in the near future. Platinum is a screaming buy , i started buying below $800 and now we are @$860, the high during the last run up was around $2300.
I'll look to short the ES, NDX and stocks at the first sign of a downtrend.
Would you use SPPP?
-- Dan

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: March 20, 2019, 12:24:59 AM »
What stock are you talking about that you bought at $168 and has support at $160? If you are talking about BA the stock is at $372.45??

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: March 20, 2019, 12:26:25 AM »
I think he meant $368 .

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: March 20, 2019, 12:37:36 AM »
Would you use SPPP?
Are they 50-50 platinum and palladium? What worries me here is palladium, how much higher can it go? The only pure platinum play is PPLT and better the platinum futures which come in 50 oz.  SPPP will do well if palladium keeps its parabolic rise, looking at the chart it has been moving up with palladium .

Online dealfinder11

• View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: March 20, 2019, 07:09:24 AM »
What stock are you talking about that you bought at $168 and has support at $160? If you are talking about BA the stock is at $372.45??

I think he meant $368 .

Correct I meant 368/360.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: March 20, 2019, 01:32:48 PM »
Already bought and sold (made 3%) and bought again @ 368. My analysis is that there are only 2 dominant airplane manufacturers and Airbus is really backlogged on orders, which is part of the reason for BA demand/success. People still need to fly and the demand for aircraft currently far outpaces the supply, so for an airline to transition to Airbus would not only be cost prohibitive but also extremely hard to pull off. Also, you have to have confidence in Boeing’s ability to figure out the flaw and correct it. In 2012 after launching the 787,  they had some issues with the Dreamliner batteries, and it took BA 3 months to solve, yet the stock was up 80% that year. And lastly from a technicals standpoint the $360 floor has shown resistance.

Is that a trading analysis or an investing analysis (I've fixed your quote to reflect the numbers you meant to put there). I claim ignorance if you're talking from a trading standpoint, and refer to @ludmila, but from an investing standpoint, I don't see the compelling screaming buy. Is the company not fairly valued at ~20x future earnings (probably not counting the aftermath of the MAX - which I believe will end up being a small bump in the long run). Is there an earnings growth catalyst that would put it on a trajectory to earn that much more, making 20x future earning (or 18x TTM earnings) a bargain?
-- Dan

Online dealfinder11

• View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: March 20, 2019, 02:56:22 PM »
Is that a trading analysis or an investing analysis (I've fixed your quote to reflect the numbers you meant to put there). I claim ignorance if you're talking from a trading standpoint, and refer to @ludmila, but from an investing standpoint, I don't see the compelling screaming buy. Is the company not fairly valued at ~20x future earnings (probably not counting the aftermath of the MAX - which I believe will end up being a small bump in the long run). Is there an earnings growth catalyst that would put it on a trajectory to earn that much more, making 20x future earning (or 18x TTM earnings) a bargain?

Both. Stock was up 35% YTD because the fundamentals are strong. The drop is a nice buying opportunity. My analysis explains the irrational overreaction by the sellers (although this is going to cost Boeing, it’s nowhere near the market cap loss.)

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: March 20, 2019, 03:14:44 PM »
Both. Stock was up 35% YTD because the fundamentals are strong. The drop is a nice buying opportunity. My analysis explains the irrational overreaction by the sellers (although this is going to cost Boeing, it’s nowhere near the market cap loss.)
I agree with the overreaction as it relates to the issue at hand, but what is BA actually worth?
-- Dan