Author Topic: Stocks  (Read 1179662 times)

Offline Ephraimh

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Stocks
« Reply #4280 on: May 08, 2020, 12:47:52 PM »
AAL I'm really nervous about.
My only airline position pre-virus was AAL, I was pretty nervous about it, so I added DAL and UAL.

I wasn’t comfortable sitting with AAL and its huge debt load, if one airline is gonna go it’s gonna be them.. but the airline industry as a whole will survive and be a decent business with a growth potential one day once again.

Offline Mikeoracle

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: May 08, 2020, 05:46:40 PM »
Take a look at VTIQ, I picked up some shares for a long term play. Also made some quick profitable short term trades with June calls.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alanohnsman/2020/03/03/hydrogen-truckmaker-nikola-listing-on-nasdaq-via-surprise-merger-with-vectoiq-worth-33-billion/

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: May 11, 2020, 03:07:35 PM »
Am I crazy to think that cruise companies are gonna recover by end of the year? Once infection goes down I think people will more than ever want to get out. I think buying ccl now for $13 is the best investment! U guess time will tell
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: May 11, 2020, 03:11:02 PM »
Am I crazy to think that cruise companies are gonna recover by end of the year? Once infection goes down I think people will more than ever want to get out. I think buying ccl now for $13 is the best investment! U guess time will tell
there's a lot of getting out before cruises.
If cruises recover before a vaccine, I'd be shocked. Even then...

Offline EliJelly

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: May 11, 2020, 03:57:06 PM »
Why is it any better than UAL which dropped 70% in last 3 months? Airlines are more essential than cruises.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #4285 on: May 11, 2020, 04:04:54 PM »

Just ask @Dan, IINM he's not a big fan of cruise lines due to health concerns (and possibly other concerns) even before the COVID-19 breakout. There might be a global shift in attitude after the actual experiences of cruise ships with passengers stuck for weeks or months. Not commenting on the share price or the enterprise value, just on the cruise business as it is now.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: May 11, 2020, 04:19:43 PM »
Just ask @Dan, IINM he's not a big fan of cruise lines due to health concerns (and possibly other concerns) even before the COVID-19 breakout. There might be a global shift in attitude after the actual experiences of cruise ships with passengers stuck for weeks or months. Not commenting on the share price or the enterprise value, just on the cruise business as it is now.
שכחה....

Just give it a year...

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: May 11, 2020, 04:21:06 PM »
Why is it any better than UAL which dropped 70% in last 3 months? Airlines are more essential than cruises.
I'm hard in ual as well... However I think people will just want to get out asap and take a cruise

Offline Mordyk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Some of this and some of that.
« Reply #4288 on: May 11, 2020, 04:30:10 PM »
Take a look at VTIQ, I picked up some shares for a long term play. Also made some quick profitable short term trades with June calls.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alanohnsman/2020/03/03/hydrogen-truckmaker-nikola-listing-on-nasdaq-via-surprise-merger-with-vectoiq-worth-33-billion/
Sheesh
#TYH

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4289 on: May 11, 2020, 04:35:18 PM »
Airlines, cruises?
LOL.

But my AMZN investments are looking better than ever. I was kicking myself for waiting until it got to $900 to jump in, but sure don't kick myself anymore.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Abey

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4290 on: May 11, 2020, 05:22:59 PM »
Cruise industry was not popular with the younger crowd even before COVID... will be a long road for them if at all

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: May 11, 2020, 07:13:14 PM »
I guess time will tell. It sure is a risky investment, but it's risk vs reward...

Amzn right now is probably at peak, even if I'd take a chance at a stock which is peaking I'd choose tsla over amzn.

If you got it when it was 900 good for you but I'd cash out half now..

Offline Abey

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: May 11, 2020, 07:33:50 PM »
I guess time will tell. It sure is a risky investment, but it's risk vs reward...

Amzn right now is probably at peak, even if I'd take a chance at a stock which is peaking I'd choose tsla over amzn.

It all depends on investment style, Dan does not sound like an active investor and if AMZN is a company you believe in there’s no need to cash out, and as buffet likes to say “never trim a position”

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: May 11, 2020, 07:39:07 PM »

Amazon right now is a super giant, a record giant, and you might be surprised of what else they'll get their grip on. Vs. Tesla which is a relatively small car manufacturer as of now, stock price is just due to the believe it is the car of the future, and believe in their bizarre CEO. 

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: May 11, 2020, 08:20:21 PM »
Amazon is indeed a super giant. However tsla has no competition and it is the future. I believe they are years ahead of others companies who may wanna replicate them. Which means that they will stay the king for a very long time.

Offline Definitions

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: May 11, 2020, 09:14:08 PM »
Amazon is indeed a super giant. However tsla has no competition and it is the future. I believe they are years ahead of others companies who may wanna replicate them. Which means that they will stay the king for a very long time.
How many years do you think?
I think other companies will catch up in a short time. If anything it won't be the technology that would keep Tesla at top it would be the brand recognition.
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4296 on: May 11, 2020, 09:18:19 PM »

AMZN isn't anywhere near their peak.

TSLA is too risky for my blood. Their service stinks, they make a great product. But it's only a matter of time before the other guys have comparable products without the TSLA attitude and lack of service.

And I don't like making bets on loose cannons like Musk. He can wake up tomorrow and decide he wants to fly to Mars or Tweet something that gets him removed from the company.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: May 11, 2020, 09:18:47 PM »
It all depends on investment style, Dan does not sound like an active investor and if AMZN is a company you believe in there’s no need to cash out, and as buffet likes to say “never trim a position”
Yup.

Offline menachemd1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: May 11, 2020, 09:45:48 PM »
How many years do you think?
I think other companies will catch up in a short time. If anything it won't be the technology that would keep Tesla at top it would be the brand recognition.
I don't know if I'm correct on this one but I see TSLA as a big tech company with the best autonomous software, most data on cars/drivers, best batteries by far out there in a car, very big on reusable energy, and the cars they sell are part of thier marketing for all the other stuff this company ownes.

Offline coffeebean

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: May 11, 2020, 10:17:52 PM »
I don't know if I'm correct on this one but I see TSLA as a big tech company with the best autonomous software, most data on cars/drivers, best batteries by far out there in a car, very big on reusable energy, and the cars they sell are part of thier marketing for all the other stuff this company ownes.
Won't be hard for competitors to catch up in no time