Author Topic: Stocks  (Read 1203818 times)

Offline miles lover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Stocks
« Reply #4300 on: May 11, 2020, 10:18:32 PM »
I guess time will tell. It sure is a risky investment, but it's risk vs reward...

Amzn right now is probably at peak, even if I'd take a chance at a stock which is peaking I'd choose tsla over amzn.

If you got it when it was 900 good for you but I'd cash out half now..
I agree with you but I think most people would disagree. I have a hard time understanding why amazon is so highly valued. What’s do they have that others can’t copy ? Why can’t target become an Amazon in a few years ? Tsla on the other hand has so much technology that other makers can only dream of.

Offline coffeebean

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: May 11, 2020, 10:19:56 PM »
Tsla on the other hand has so much technology that other makers can only dream of.
Like what batteries?

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #4302 on: May 11, 2020, 10:27:36 PM »
Amazon is indeed a super giant. However tsla has no competition and it is the future. I believe they are years ahead of others companies who may wanna replicate them. Which means that they will stay the king for a very long time.

TSLA has no competition? Just look a few messages up thread. They might be leading a niche now, but do you really think they're the only game in town? Do they have a huge moat that no-one can cross?

Do you remember the social media leaders that were ahead of Facebook?

Then there's Musk which presents a unique type of risk.

Also note:

https://twitter.com/lorenasgonzalez/status/1260006819943944192
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline dealfinder11

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: May 11, 2020, 10:31:43 PM »
just got email from robinhood that fractional shares are now available.

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: May 11, 2020, 10:33:56 PM »
And lets not forget that Musk himself tweeted that the stock price is too high.. עלובה עיסה שנחתומה מעיד עליה

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #4305 on: May 11, 2020, 10:35:03 PM »
just got email from robinhood that fractional shares are now available.

Fidelity already offers fractional share trading. Schwab has an availability date in the near future (I don't recall the date).
-- Dan

Offline miles lover

• View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: May 11, 2020, 10:42:30 PM »
TSLA has no competition? Just look a few messages up thread. They might be leading a niche now, but do you really think they're the only game in town? Do they have a huge moat that no-one can cross?

Also note:

And why can’t anyone cross the Amzn lines ?

I personally don’t have any shares of Tsla or Amzn but if I would buy one at current prices, I’d buy Tsla. I have in google, aapl, and fb from the big ones. The main issue with Tsla is that the company is to dependable on Musk. (Imagine if Musk dies from covid, the stock would go down to $100)

Offline menachemd1

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: May 11, 2020, 10:45:08 PM »

Also note:

all the other car manufacturers have been working on delivering a competitive car but hasn't worked out for any of them and TSLA is a few years ahead with software and battery.

Offline Definitions

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: May 11, 2020, 11:29:41 PM »
I agree with you but I think most people would disagree. I have a hard time understanding why amazon is so highly valued. What’s do they have that others can’t copy ? Why can’t target become an Amazon in a few years ? Tsla on the other hand has so much technology that other makers can only dream of.
Is there any other physical or digital product in the world today that doesn't have something comparable? Technology is easy to match.

People are hard to change especially when it's something that you use constantly and it's not a one time purchase like a car.
My Tapatalk notifications don't always work.

Offline miles lover

• View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: May 12, 2020, 01:38:24 AM »
 I currently use Chase You Invest for my Investments. My portfolio doesn’t update properly after hours and even during market hours I have issues. I normally wouldn’t care so much, but due to the market conditions, I’m making more trades and I would like to be able to see everything update instantly.
 I also need access to after hour trading which chase doesn’t currently support.  Which brokerage would you guys recommend ? I was thinking of Td Ameritrade. Any thoughts ?

I used to be in robinhood and it was a breeze. I switched because I wanted access to mutal funds. I chose Chase because I got a decent  bonus and I banked with them already.

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: May 12, 2020, 01:46:50 AM »
Is there any other physical or digital product in the world today that doesn't have something comparable? Technology is easy to match.

People are hard to change especially when it's something that you use constantly and it's not a one time purchase like a car.
I'm not a בקי but I believe several major companies have tried to copy their product and got no where. Not saying that it's not going to happen but it will take time and tesla will stay the brand name.
AMZN isn't anywhere near their peak.

TSLA is too risky for my blood. Their service stinks, they make a great product. But it's only a matter of time before the other guys have comparable products without the TSLA attitude and lack of service.

And I don't like making bets on loose cannons like Musk. He can wake up tomorrow and decide he wants to fly to Mars or Tweet something that gets him removed from the company.
I like your description of Musk but after all he is the brain of the business and there is a reason for why they are not getting rid of it. His tweet was just an opportunity for investors who wanted to get in on a low number..

I'm not familiar with tesla service, but do other companies in this industry have better service? Gm? Ford? I'm not seeing Amazon hitting 3k anytime soon. But hey I'm no expert it's just my feelings..
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline KSMH

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: May 12, 2020, 01:54:52 AM »
And why can’t anyone cross the Amzn lines ?

I personally don’t have any shares of Tsla or Amzn but if I would buy one at current prices, I’d buy Tsla. I have in google, aapl, and fb from the big ones. The main issue with Tsla is that the company is to dependable on Musk. (Imagine if Musk dies from covid, the stock would go down to $100)
What happened to apple stock after Steve Jobs left/died?
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4312 on: May 12, 2020, 01:56:20 AM »
I'm not a בקי but I believe several major companies have tried to copy their product and got no where. Not saying that it's not going to happen but it will take time and tesla will stay the brand name. I like your description of Musk but after all he is the brain of the business and there is a reason for why they are not getting rid of it. His tweet was just an opportunity for investors who wanted to get in on a low number..

I'm not familiar with tesla service, but do other companies in this industry have better service? Gm? Ford? I'm not seeing Amazon hitting 3k anytime soon. But hey I'm no expert it's just my feelings..
Yes, Tesla service is amazing and horrendous at the same time. Getting parts is a nightmare.
Nothing like traditional car companies and many will have no patience for their shenanigans. Luckily the product is amazing.

So they are way ahead in tech, but that's because the other guys still aren't serious about electric.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline miles lover

• View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: May 12, 2020, 02:09:46 AM »
What happened to apple stock after Steve Jobs left/died?
Your comparing apples to oranges. Aapl wasn’t hype at that time. It was a well established company, with officially years of future products already planned. Tsla is more about the dreams. When you buy Tsla your buying Musk. (I’m personally down for the gamble but I know it’s a crazy risk. When it was in the 300s a few weeks ago, I said if it goes in the 200s I’m in.)
 Another difference, Steve Jobs was weak for a while and the market took that into consideration the whole time. If Musk would suddenly die, it would certainly go down by a crazy amount. Investors are not taking his death into consideration now. I don’t think there’s anybody that disagrees. The question is how much it will go down.

Offline zagguru

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: May 12, 2020, 07:46:31 AM »
Too late to get into SHOP and Moderna?

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #4315 on: May 12, 2020, 08:30:58 AM »
Too late to get into SHOP and Moderna?
+1 what about AMD?

Offline yossig

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: May 12, 2020, 12:39:17 PM »
Am I crazy to think that cruise companies are gonna recover by end of the year? Once infection goes down I think people will more than ever want to get out. I think buying ccl now for $13 is the best investment! U guess time will tell
you had a chance at $8

Offline Ephraimh

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: May 12, 2020, 03:22:08 PM »
Won't be hard for competitors to catch up in no time
It’s not about catching up, think Apple

Offline coffeebean

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: May 12, 2020, 04:09:18 PM »
It’s not about catching up, think Apple
Apple is on top of their game I'm thinking BlackBerry

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: May 12, 2020, 05:24:39 PM »
Apple is on top of their game I'm thinking BlackBerry

Or Palm beforehand in the "smartphone" business or MySpace before Facebook.
-- Dan