Author Topic: Stocks  (Read 1207969 times)

Offline madhocker

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Stocks
« Reply #5740 on: May 07, 2021, 08:39:14 AM »
If I'm understanding correctly, there was good news for CCXI just now.
The analysts obviously don't agree, and they control market sentiment. Multiple downgrades this morning and stock is tanking...

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: May 07, 2021, 10:03:11 AM »
Major tank!

My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline madhocker

• View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: May 07, 2021, 10:11:16 AM »
This demonstrates why 'inside information' needs to be carefully vetted before being acted upon. Sometimes the info is wrong or incomplete, other times it just does not produce the intended effect.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #5743 on: May 07, 2021, 10:21:11 AM »
I'm curious why a split decision, leaning slightly towards approval, has everyone convinced it ultimately won't get approved.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline smart man

• View Profile
« Reply #5744 on: May 07, 2021, 10:27:25 AM »
What’s the companies value without the approval? Is it a good investment now even if I assume it won’t get approved?

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #5745 on: May 07, 2021, 10:34:00 AM »
My doctor friend is still sure it'll get final approval.  He's looking at it from the medical viewpoint.
Although they split 9-9 on whether it is effective, they were 10-8 on it's safety and 10-8 on the benefit-risk profile.
This is an orphan drugs; it helps in a disease where there aren't any at all so far.

So I'm not only holding tight - and not locking in my loss - I bought a bit more.  ::)

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #5746 on: May 07, 2021, 10:40:06 AM »
This demonstrates why 'inside information' needs to be carefully vetted before being acted upon. Sometimes the info is wrong or incomplete, other times it just does not produce the intended effect.
No inside information at all.
Just an understanding of the underlying reason the stock is on the radar at all.
I'm curious why a split decision, leaning slightly towards approval, has everyone convinced it ultimately won't get approved.
What's the culture in big investment firms?  Do they do deep research or just skim and act?
What’s the companies value without the approval? Is it a good investment now even if I assume it won’t get approved?
It's not a company I intend to hold long term. I didn't research this one, but many small pharmaceutical companies only have drugs in the pipeline, and nothing they're making money on for the long term.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 11:33:25 AM by ckmk47 »

Offline smart man

• View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: May 07, 2021, 10:44:51 AM »
No inside information at all.
Just an understanding of the underlying reason the stock is on the radar at all.What's the culture in big investment firms?  Do they do deep research or just skim and act?It's not a company I intend to hold long term. I didn't research this one, but many small pharmaceutical companies only have drugs in the pipeline, and nothing they're making money on for the long term.
Thanks

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #5748 on: May 07, 2021, 02:10:55 PM »
My doctor friend is still sure it'll get final approval.  He's looking at it from the medical viewpoint.
Although they split 9-9 on whether it is effective, they were 10-8 on it's safety and 10-8 on the benefit-risk profile.
This is an orphan drugs; it helps in a disease where there aren't any at all so far.

So I'm not only holding tight - and not locking in my loss - I bought a bit more.  ::)

At this price, the upside is phenomenal. Even if it has to go back to trials for more/better/clearer data, it should rebound from this overcorrection.

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5749 on: May 07, 2021, 02:12:50 PM »
So why not do calls? prob low premium but if does go up you'll be ahead of the game.
current situation is probably good for that

Offline EliJelly

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5750 on: May 07, 2021, 02:21:04 PM »
At this price, the upside is phenomenal. Even if it has to go back to trials for more/better/clearer data, it should rebound from this overcorrection.
I figured the same. Unless this company solely stands on this drug and a non approval means they can close shop. I don't know anything about them but that doesn't make any sense.

Offline yos9694

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: May 07, 2021, 02:57:06 PM »

$$$ <---------> (mouth)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: May 07, 2021, 02:57:52 PM »
$$$ <---------> (mouth)

Bought options.

Offline ckmk47

• View Profile
« Reply #5753 on: May 07, 2021, 03:30:12 PM »
Bought options.
Although options are cheap and potentially have a big upside, they’re time dependent. Do you know the date that the FDA makes their final determination?  Your option has to reach beyond it. 

At this price, spend the same money on stocks. Buy fewer but then you can sit and wait for the upswing.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: May 07, 2021, 03:32:30 PM »
Although options are cheap and potentially have a big upside, they’re time dependent. Do you know the date that the FDA makes their final determination?  Your option has to reach beyond it.

I believe it's July 9th (7th?). I bought Nov 21 and Jan 22.

Offline Abey

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: May 07, 2021, 03:49:58 PM »
steel,miners,retail,oil,shipping etc..are the new growth stocks.  Anybody still regretting not buying $coin ?

Offline Abey

• View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: May 07, 2021, 03:54:23 PM »

At this price, spend the same money on stocks. Buy fewer but then you can sit and wait for the upswing.
30% premium is not cheap. But given that the entire story here is this one drug if your buying, it makes sense to buy options as I assume it won’t have much value after that.

Offline yos9694

• View Profile
« Reply #5757 on: May 07, 2021, 05:12:25 PM »
steel,miners,retail,oil,shipping etc..are the new growth stocks.  Anybody still regretting not buying $coin ?

IMHO everyone is late to the party. Insiders were posting about steel companies since December and this surge is latecomers buying from the earlier speculators. The stock price will collapse before retail steel prices start to fall so of you get in now have a plan for getting out

Offline Abey

• View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: May 09, 2021, 02:49:30 PM »
IMHO everyone is late to the party. Insiders were posting about steel companies since December and this surge is latecomers buying from the earlier speculators. The stock price will collapse before retail steel prices start to fall so of you get in now have a plan for getting out
Ive been posting about this for a while, but disagree on being late if you have a crystal ball I’d love to take a look but ime you keep playing until the market says otherwise 🤷‍♂️

Offline yos9694

• View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: May 09, 2021, 03:52:03 PM »
Ive been posting about this for a while, but disagree on being late if you have a crystal ball I’d love to take a look but ime you keep playing until the market says otherwise 🤷‍♂️

Everyone here can prove already that I don't have a crystal ball but this feels like a sell on the news moment