Author Topic: Stocks  (Read 1179440 times)

Offline coffeebean

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: Stocks
« Reply #5760 on: May 09, 2021, 07:58:48 PM »
I set up a TD ameritrade ROTH IRA account and attempted to transfer the maximum allowance. I did not receive any confirmation nor is it listed as a pending transfer. Has anyone had the same experience?

Offline biobook

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: May 09, 2021, 10:03:27 PM »
I set up a TD ameritrade ROTH IRA account and attempted to transfer the maximum allowance. I did not receive any confirmation nor is it listed as a pending transfer. Has anyone had the same experience?
Where are you transferring from? 
When I transferred funds from a Traditional IRA at X to a Roth IRA at Y, it took a few business days to appear in the Roth.  I had expected everything would be done electronically, but turned out the first company needed to write a check and mail it over to the second.   

Offline coffeebean

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: May 09, 2021, 10:04:57 PM »
Where are you transferring from? 
When I transferred funds from a Traditional IRA at X to a Roth IRA at Y, it took a few business days to appear in the Roth.  I had expected everything would be done electronically, but turned out the first company needed to write a check and mail it over to the second.
It was from a checking account. I got a confirmation about an hour later. Thanks for the response.

Offline shie123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: May 10, 2021, 12:22:59 PM »
CCXI looks very good and healthy at the low 11s
I took a position here

Offline Abey

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: May 10, 2021, 12:55:55 PM »
HAYW recently listed solid growth and nice chart. Disclaimer: I own position

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: May 10, 2021, 01:08:59 PM »
I believe it's July 9th (7th?). I bought Nov 21 and Jan 22.
where's this date from?

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #5766 on: May 10, 2021, 01:17:30 PM »
where's this date from?

I'm pretty sure that's their PDUFA date. Saw it on the earning's call last quarter, and I think I saw it referred to by Raymond James. If someone has more clarity on the process, please post. My knowledge is not great here.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline gozalim

• View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: May 10, 2021, 02:00:01 PM »
I'm pretty sure that's their PDUFA date. Saw it on the earning's call last quarter, and I think I saw it referred to by Raymond James. If someone has more clarity on the process, please post. My knowledge is not great here.
so why wouldn't you just buy Aug?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #5768 on: May 10, 2021, 02:14:22 PM »
so why wouldn't you just buy Aug?

To buy some wiggle room on public sentiment if they don't get approved and announce further trials to address issues. I don't think a denial now will make the company abandon the drug. I would have bought Jan 2023, but they were too expensive.

Offline Abey

• View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: May 13, 2021, 03:17:44 PM »
Crypto was a bad move for TSLA...

Offline madhocker

• View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: May 13, 2021, 03:42:22 PM »
Same here.  I'm regretting not pulling the trigger on TLSA yesterday....
Closing price on TSLA on 3/8/21 was 563. After riding back up to high 700's, it touched 560 this afternoon. So no need for regrets.... if you believe in it, you can get back in now

Offline Abey

• View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: May 13, 2021, 03:44:57 PM »
Closing price on TSLA on 3/8/21 was 563. After riding back up to high 700's, it touched 560 this afternoon. So no need for regrets.... if you believe in it, you can get back in now
as I always reiterate 😂 wait for resistance you might think your getting a deal but there's no way to know that, it can drop another 10% for all I know. You might miss out on some gains but your protecting yourself from further loss... See Cisco in early 2000’s etc

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: May 13, 2021, 03:48:21 PM »
Crypto was a bad move for TSLA...

Too early to call.

Offline madhocker

• View Profile
« Reply #5773 on: May 13, 2021, 03:53:43 PM »
Thought on PTON, which is now recalling the Tread and Tread+?
Doing quite nicely over the last week, holding support even on the down days this week. Nice day today as well, up over 6%.

Overall, I have confidence in their product, truly a gamechanger with regards to the whole gym experience. I do believe many people will drop going to the gym and shift to home gym experience. They are rolling out lots of more options on the bike, and the tread mishap will be soon forgotten. This is a 'disruptor' kind of company- hence its prominence in Cathy Wood's new innovation fund.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 04:06:02 PM by madhocker »

Offline Abey

• View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: May 13, 2021, 04:27:45 PM »
Too early to call.
How can you pay employees vendors etc with a currency that fluctuates wildly? Was all nice and dandy with BTC trending up...

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #5775 on: May 13, 2021, 04:31:47 PM »
How can you pay employees vendors etc with a currency that fluctuates wildly? Was all nice and dandy with BTC trending up...

They aren't using it to pay anyone. Tesla cash on hand for the quarter ending March 31, 2021 was $17.141B. Their BTC holdings were for investment purposes only.

Offline Abey

• View Profile
« Reply #5776 on: May 13, 2021, 04:59:38 PM »
They aren't using it to pay anyone. Tesla cash on hand for the quarter ending March 31, 2021 was $17.141B. Their BTC holdings were for investment purposes only.
Investment to what end? No one needs TSLA shares to own BTC you can buy it yourself so the only upside was to normalize the currency and eventually use it, the minute things go down Elon took a duck and run with some excuse of climate concern, it's all about the upside which is not here at the moment and he should've known when he announced the BTC move...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 05:03:51 PM by Abey »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #5777 on: May 13, 2021, 05:03:53 PM »
Investment to what end? No one needs TSLA shares to own BTC you can buy it yourself so the only upside was to normalize the currency and eventually use it the minute things go down Elon took a duck and run with some excuse of climate concern, it's all about the upside which is not here at the moment and he should've known when he announced the BTC move...

Elon didn't duck and run when things went down. Elon made things go down. He doesn't care what the shareholders need or want. He does what he wants and what's best for his company. Ultimately, will it prove to be a mistake that he bought BTC? Who knows? They did sell a bunch over the last few months, which artificially inflated their recent profits, which may have contributed to the $200+ bump in stock price, which may or may not have been leveraged for 20 other things. The man plays 4D chess. I'm going to stick with "too soon to call."

Offline drosenberg88429

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5778 on: May 13, 2021, 05:13:04 PM »
Elon didn't duck and run when things went down. Elon made things go down. He doesn't care what the shareholders need or want. He does what he wants and what's best for his company. Ultimately, will it prove to be a mistake that he bought BTC? Who knows? They did sell a bunch over the last few months, which artificially inflated their recent profits, which may have contributed to the $200+ bump in stock price, which may or may not have been leveraged for 20 other things. The man plays 4D chess. I'm going to stick with "too soon to call."
+10000

Musk is by far the most successful and transparent manipulator in history. He creates more bubbles out of nothing in a day then Madoff generated his entire life. I don't know what this man's strategy is or what he stands to gain from this move, but it was definitely deliberate. He's as cognizant of what it will do to the price as he was when he announced that he purchased BTC. He's well aware of his roll of the biggest pumper and shaker of nothingness in this historically unprecedented mania of hundreds of billions of dollars of universally recognized worthless memes pooping up and gaining astronomical market caps, and he's relishing every second of it. His Twitter account is more valuable than Trump's was, at this point. Whatever his motivation was for this move, it has nothing to do with giving a 💩 about the environment, just like his tweet about TSLA stock being overvalued had nothing to do with an iota of concern for unaware investors that needed to be informed that they may be making an imprudent financial decision by purchasing shares in his company.

Offline Abey

• View Profile
« Reply #5779 on: May 13, 2021, 07:59:16 PM »
I somewhat agree with you meaning that he knows good and well his role in manipulating this, I'm not so sure he looked before he leaped though that is what makes him and many others so successful. He did see himself though with a declining stock and declining BTC dragging it down and made up some excuse to sell. That is my theory and it ultimately doesn't matter why he sold....  I still believe it was one of his dumber moves. Time will tell