Author Topic: Stocks  (Read 1220133 times)

Offline whacked1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Stocks
« Reply #6840 on: April 26, 2022, 11:26:25 AM »
Let the record reflect that TSLA is between $900 and $910 per share.
Price per share doesnt mean anything. The only negative I know of for a high per share price, is after hours trading (IME)

Offline YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6841 on: April 26, 2022, 11:37:56 AM »
Price per share doesnt mean anything. The only negative I know of for a high per share price, is after hours trading (IME)
I'm not discussing the cheshbon. I'm talking purely about making money. He said that in a month is will be worth more. I just want to put on the record the price now, so that we can easily see the difference in a month.

Offline yos9694

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6842 on: April 26, 2022, 01:06:38 PM »
I'm not discussing the cheshbon. I'm talking purely about making money. He said that in a month is will be worth more. I just want to put on the record the price now, so that we can easily see the difference in a month.

It's an interesting prediction, because we don't know yet how Musk is funding the TWTR purchase... if he has to liquidate some TSLA stock that could rock the share price significantly (at least temporarily).

Not willing to take a contrarian position on TSLA based on this (or any position), but it makes me wonder why someone would predict that TSLA will yield exciting gains in the near-term...

Offline yos9694

• View Profile
« Reply #6843 on: April 26, 2022, 01:15:07 PM »
NFLX might be a good buying point now.

Forget TWTR and NFLX. If you want to hold a stock for a month, buy TSLA and thank me later.

Picking on these two examples because they're recent to make a point. I don't find it particularly appropriate to make "trust me bro" stock picks in a discussion board. Especially with a lot of self-proclaimed novices reading this thread who might actually fall for simplistic shilling. I'm not calling for rules or moderators to get involved, but I think we should all be sharing our insights and thought processes rather than what trades we think others should copy.

Someone will definitely tell me I'm wrong here and I'm open to discussion about it :)

Offline Mf1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #6845 on: April 26, 2022, 01:57:08 PM »
It's an interesting prediction, because we don't know yet how Musk is funding the TWTR purchase... if he has to liquidate some TSLA stock that could rock the share price significantly (at least temporarily).

Not willing to take a contrarian position on TSLA based on this (or any position), but it makes me wonder why someone would predict that TSLA will yield exciting gains in the near-term...
It's quite apparent that it will be from investors and loans, not stock sales.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Barryg

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6846 on: April 26, 2022, 02:32:02 PM »
In other news, Truth Social is way down
how come it feels like it’s going up when it goes $110-> $33 and then up to $42

Offline Shmulie

• View Profile
« Reply #6847 on: April 26, 2022, 05:49:45 PM »
Thoughts on alphabet?

Offline madhocker

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6848 on: April 26, 2022, 06:10:39 PM »
Forget TWTR and NFLX. If you want to hold a stock for a month, buy TSLA and thank me later.
you need to keep in mind that for the most part, individual stocks don't exist in a vacuum. As high as you think of TSLA, it is tough for it to maintain positive momentum in a risk-off environment. So if you are looking to invest for a month, I would think that a risky asset like this would be pure gambling....

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: April 26, 2022, 08:00:32 PM »
you need to keep in mind that for the most part, individual stocks don't exist in a vacuum. As high as you think of TSLA, it is tough for it to maintain positive momentum in a risk-off environment. So if you are looking to invest for a month, I would think that a risky asset like this would be pure gambling....
I agree with this sentiment. If you're willing to leave it for it least a year, it's not risk free but relatively low risk.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline VacationLover

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6850 on: April 26, 2022, 09:57:07 PM »
Picking on these two examples because they're recent to make a point. I don't find it particularly appropriate to make "trust me bro" stock picks in a discussion board. Especially with a lot of self-proclaimed novices reading this thread who might actually fall for simplistic shilling. I'm not calling for rules or moderators to get involved, but I think we should all be sharing our insights and thought processes rather than what trades we think others should copy.

Someone will definitely tell me I'm wrong here and I'm open to discussion about it :)
I hear you.

Some folks like me are not so well versed in the market. I, for example don't know how to read charts etc. I'm more of a passive investor. That being said, in times when the market has a lot of movement (volatility) I am looking for reccomendations of stocks that "might" go up more than the average market and I am specifically interested to hear stock ideas.

Offline ushdadude

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: April 27, 2022, 10:55:50 AM »
I hear you.

Some folks like me are not so well versed in the market. I, for example don't know how to read charts etc. I'm more of a passive investor. That being said, in times when the market has a lot of movement (volatility) I am looking for reccomendations of stocks that "might" go up more than the average market and I am specifically interested to hear stock ideas.
I used to think like you. Now I am a completely passive investor. Low cost passive index funds FTW!

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #6852 on: April 27, 2022, 02:10:36 PM »
I hear you.

Volatility can be a double edged sword
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline madhocker

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: April 27, 2022, 03:49:23 PM »
Volatility can be a double edged sword
Indeed.

The swings in the market are unbelievable- the indices can swing a full percentage point in a matter of minutes these days. I would think that option traders are going boom or bust in short order. If we would only have a crystal ball..

Offline Barryg

• View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: April 28, 2022, 06:23:19 PM »
In other news, Truth Social is way down
temporarily…
trump posted on truth social. Stock up 20% in the first hour

Offline ari3

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6855 on: April 28, 2022, 10:24:30 PM »

from IBD

Musk, in SEC filings Thursday night, disclosed he sold 4.415 million Tesla shares worth nearly $4 billion on Tuesday and Wednesday. On Tuesday, TSLA stock plunged 12.1%. Musk tweeted late Thursday that he's done selling shares.

Will TSLA stock rebound with Musk sales literally priced in?

Musk's disclosures came too late for after-hours trading.

It's likely that Musk is selling the shares to help pay for the Twitter takeover.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 10:29:30 PM by ari3 »

Offline yos9694

• View Profile
« Reply #6856 on: April 28, 2022, 11:01:12 PM »
Obviously. Did anyone think otherwise? He really doesn't have any other money source.

The interesting part will be watching to see if he can keep all the plates spinning or if having control of tesla and twitter will prove too much. Again, I'm not placing bets now but chaos in the next 12 months (and stock price falling off a cliff) would not surprise me

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #6857 on: April 29, 2022, 02:41:47 PM »
Seeing some stocks (in commodity sector, as well as financial sector) battered to single digit TTM P/E and north of 7% dividend yield. Obviously there's expected downside with a slowing economy, rising rates (which I personally think will be short lived).
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Realshlomo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6858 on: April 29, 2022, 05:43:41 PM »
Seeing some stocks (in commodity sector, as well as financial sector) battered to single digit TTM P/E and north of 7% dividend yield. Obviously there's expected downside with a slowing economy, rising rates (which I personally think will be short lived).
Can you share some examples pls.

Offline Mf1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: April 29, 2022, 06:23:16 PM »
I see rio as an example
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 06:28:09 PM by Mf1 »