Topic Wiki

Roaming on U.S. carriers
Verizon: $25 per each 100MB when Gobal Data feature is activated. Exorbitant calling rates.
AT&T:
T-Mobile: Simple Choice plans (postpaid-only which requires credit pull, but you can cancel anytime) include unlimited data roaming at 2G speeds in 120+ countries. Calls between any of these countries are $.20 /min.
Sprint: - For some reason its a bit complicated - https://www.sprint.com/landings/openworld/index.html - http://www.sprint.com/landings/international-value-roaming/ - http://support.sprint.com/global/pdf/support/BizMultiCountryDataPack.pdf
intlroam.sprint.com

International SIM cards

Toggle Mobile:
Covers the U.S., many European countries (though not Italy or Belgium), and Australia. Rates from these countries are .03 to all USA and UK phones both mobile and landline, .03 to landlines and .09 to mobiles in many other countries, .06 to Israel landlines and .15 to Israel mobiles. SMS to most (looks like all) countries is .07. Data bundles start at 5 for 500 MB in the UK and 20 for 1GB in the other Toggle countries. Incoming calls are free in 20+ countries.

SIMs can be ordered online and shipped free to many countries. You automatically receive a free permanent U.K. number. Before each trip you must register online for a local incoming number in the countries you are travelling to, which activates the roaming plan and lasts 30 days at no cost. You can pay 5 a year to keep numbers permanently.

Golan Telecom:
The 99₪ unlimited talk/text/internet/international calling plan, which also gives you up to 2 virtual foreign numbers, also includes for many countries (not all have launched yet) unlimited global data roaming (6GB high-speed), incoming calls & texts, and calls & texts to Israel.

Alternatively, Golan also offers a ₪29 per day data-only roaming plan which gives 100MB a day in these countries (all have been launched). These roaming options can be very useful for foreigners regardless of whether they need Golan for Israel.

VOIP calling apps

Vonage Mobile: Free calls to US/CA, very cheap int'l rates (see link). Uses your real number for outgoing caller ID, and also for incoming calls if you are a tmobile/AT&T customer and activate ReachMe roaming in the app.

Google Hangouts: Uses your Google Voice number over VOIP. Free calls to US/CA, very cheap int'l rates (see link).

Local SIM cards

Israel: See wiki on this thread.

Global MiFi
FreedomPop $10/500mb
https://www.freedompop.com/worldwide
« Last edited by chff on November 14, 2017, 10:49:47 AM »

Author Topic: International Sim Discussion  (Read 84612 times)

Offline sruly101

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: International Sim Discussion
« Reply #255 on: August 01, 2012, 08:05:16 AM »
i dont need the one from AUSTRIA I NEED THt one from Swiss, im arriving in Zurich and going to Arosa, but i need it from when i land the fastest that i can!!

Offline eli1571

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 01, 2012, 04:28:53 PM »
i dont need the one from AUSTRIA I NEED THt one from Swiss, im arriving in Zurich and going to Arosa, but i need it from when i land the fastest that i can!!
sorry got confused with who needs what, i got mine in the post office in the town i was in, in the airport they sold lebara, but think they closed down

Offline sruly101

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 01, 2012, 05:32:20 PM »
i get it thanks, i searched a bit for SUNRISE, didnt yet see everything
how much does the sim itself cost?

Offline sruly101

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 07, 2012, 02:02:19 PM »
BUMP!!

im looking online for SUNRISE sim for swiis, cand find anything normal ca u pls help me with it?

Offline sruly101

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 08, 2012, 01:20:37 PM »
hi! can any please help me!!
im leaving tonight to swiss and i have to make from the airport already some phone calls! does any one know off sim cards or even calling cards that i can call from a public phoone! and it should be ava tu buy in the airport

Offline MAJ

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
SIM cards
« Reply #260 on: December 11, 2012, 01:27:38 AM »
How can i get a SIM card for iPhone in Paris and Venice?

Offline smart brit

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 11, 2012, 01:41:25 AM »
hi! can any please help me!!
im leaving tonight to swiss and i have to make from the airport already some phone calls! does any one know off sim cards or even calling cards that i can call from a public phoone! and it should be ava tu buy in the airport
just saw your post (the answer is directed to anyone in the same dilemma)
Once you exit the terminal into the train station there you have 2 mobile phone stores orange and Swiss com or sunrise.

Offline sruly101

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 11, 2012, 07:21:48 AM »
just saw your post (the answer is directed to anyone in the same dilemma)
Once you exit the terminal into the train station there you have 2 mobile phone stores orange and Swiss com or sunrise.
Thanks this is what i did in the end!!

Offline smart brit

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 11, 2012, 08:21:44 PM »
Just curious why do you prefer sunrise over orange?

Offline Sammy12345

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 15, 2013, 06:08:20 PM »
Is there a SIM card that is best all around for incoming, outgoing, and data? The "one sim" sounds like it charges u to get a USA number per month and then on top I that additional fees.
TIA

Offline sillypainter

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 15, 2013, 11:39:08 PM »
Is there a SIM card that is best all around for incoming, outgoing, and data? The "one sim" sounds like it charges u to get a USA number per month and then on top I that additional fees.
TIA

I work for CelloMobile.com, and we have the best rates. Many DDF members can attest to that, and visiting cellomobile.com will get you all the info. We don't charge a monthly fee for a USA number. Here is the link http://www.cellomobile.com/international-sim-card.aspx and see the FAQ on how to save even more on calls in the EU.

Happy Travels,

Offline Smartypantz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 16, 2013, 12:24:40 AM »
I work for CelloMobile.com, and we have the best rates. Many DDF members can attest to that, and visiting cellomobile.com will get you all the info. We don't charge a monthly fee for a USA number. Here is the link http://www.cellomobile.com/international-sim-card.aspx and see the FAQ on how to save even more on calls in the EU.

Happy Travels,

+1
worked with them in the summer, was extremely pleased!!

Offline Menucha

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 16, 2013, 02:14:45 PM »
searched Cellomobile, seems they are based in Monroe NY

Offline Flying Fish

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
« Reply #268 on: January 18, 2013, 12:48:28 PM »
Sorry I posted this in a new thread, but afterwards realized it belongs here. I want to know if anyone knows of a cheaper/better solution than this. Its a SIM for Europe/Australia from a UK company called Toggle Mobile.

Rates from all of the above countries are 4.9 US cents to all USA and UK phones both mobile and landline, 9.7 cents to Israel landline and 24.3 cents to Israel mobile. SMS to most (looks like all) countries is 14.4 cents. Data is 24 cents per MB. Incoming calls are free in 60+ countries.

You automatically receive a free permanent U.K. incoming number. Before your trip you register online for a local incoming number in the countries you are travelling to, which lasts 30 days at no cost. You can pay $8 a year to keep numbers permanently.

You can order a SIM on amazon with prime shipping for $26.99, which includes $10 credit.

Offline Sammy12345

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 27, 2013, 05:14:38 PM »
Sorry I posted this in a new thread, but afterwards realized it belongs here. I want to know if anyone knows of a cheaper/better solution than this. Its a SIM for Europe/Australia from a UK company called Toggle Mobile.

Rates from all of the above countries are 4.9 US cents to all USA and UK phones both mobile and landline, 9.7 cents to Israel landline and 24.3 cents to Israel mobile. SMS to most (looks like all) countries is 14.4 cents. Data is 24 cents per MB. Incoming calls are free in 60+ countries.

You automatically receive a free permanent U.K. incoming number. Before your trip you register online for a local incoming number in the countries you are travelling to, which lasts 30 days at no cost. You can pay $8 a year to keep numbers permanently.

You can order a SIM on amazon with prime shipping for $26.99, which includes $10 credit.
Anyone use this sim company?