Author Topic: lost key charge  (Read 1634 times)

Offline chuchem

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
lost key charge
« on: September 26, 2012, 07:03:18 PM »
Rented a car with dollar in the summer. Picked it up at jfk and gave it back at lga. The agent said to park it there and all is ok. When i got back from the usa, i saw that ny cc was charged 4 days later for 150 dollars. I emailed dollar and asked what the charge is about and they said a key was missing and i had to pay for it.

1) I really dont think i lost it. Had the car for a day and didnt play around with the keys

2) How can they charge me, i never signed a paper saying how many keys i got, so what proof do they have

3) I wrote them, that i dont agree and didnt loose a key, if they dont want to refund i will fight the charge through my cc. Will they blacklist me because of that?

Any other idea?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: lost key charge
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 07:08:38 PM »
Rented a car with dollar in the summer. Picked it up at jfk and gave it back at lga. The agent said to park it there and all is ok. When i got back from the usa, i saw that ny cc was charged 4 days later for 150 dollars. I emailed dollar and asked what the charge is about and they said a key was missing and i had to pay for it.

1) I really dont think i lost it. Had the car for a day and didnt play around with the keys

2) How can they charge me, i never signed a paper saying how many keys i got, so what proof do they have

3) I wrote them, that i dont agree and didnt loose a key, if they dont want to refund i will fight the charge through my cc. Will they blacklist me because of that?

Any other idea?

Email executives.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 08:32:07 PM »
Not going to harass executives for 150 dollars... I just want a easy way out... Can chargeback but dont want to be blacklisted

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 08:41:18 PM »
Not going to harass executives for 150 dollars... I just want a easy way out... Can chargeback but dont want to be blacklisted
Maybe cc insurance will pay for the key?
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline chuchem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 08:54:27 PM »
dont cover first 200 by me and its not a damage.... anyway I didnt do it and will not pay for something I didnt do.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 11:19:23 PM »
dont cover first 200 by me and its not a damage.... anyway I didnt do it and will not pay for something I didnt do.

Maybe you did?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 12:46:08 AM »
Crazy, I would try to work it out with management before charging back. I don't know if charging back could trigger a blacklist.

Not going to harass executives for 150 dollars... I just want a easy way out...

It isn't the executives who gets back to you, it's the executive team, which is really just glorified (albeit escalated) customer service.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline YudiG

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 02:58:20 AM »
Crazy, I would try to work it out with management before charging back. I don't know if charging back could trigger a blacklist.

It isn't the executives who gets back to you, it's the executive team, which is really just glorified (albeit escalated) customer service.

+1...but have you tried calling the branch manager? They are usually pretty good about these things...explain the story and we'll see what happens..if not, just send an email/letter to the executive team

Offline harry

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 05:28:07 AM »

Because??????

It's only an email.

especially if you're nervous about being blacklisted.