Author Topic: Next Vacation - Ideas  (Read 396086 times)

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 150
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, MLife Gold, National Executive Elite, Radisson Gold, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, DansDeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite.
Re: Next Vacation - Ideas
« Reply #1545 on: November 02, 2014, 12:38:14 AM »
Skip ICN.

KE has a direct flight from ICN to CNX. If you can get on that go directly to CNX and stay for shabbos. If not, then just go to BKK. Either way, I wouldn't spend a day in ICN.

Would have to spend the day anyway in ICN. The flight from ICN to CNX leaves at 6:45pm. Still might be a good option over going to BKK.

Offline ilherman

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: November 02, 2014, 12:38:46 AM »
Skip ICN.

KE has a direct flight from ICN to CNX. If you can get on that go directly to CNX and stay for shabbos. If not, then just go to BKK. Either way, I wouldn't spend a day in ICN.
Seeing the DMZ is just not worth it? I meant unless I don't have anything else to cover you wouldn't recommend it?

If that's the case I would try to skip KE all together. It does not sound that their hard/soft product is amazing compared to CX/EK/EY/OZ so I would try to route with these carriers instead... Am I off about KE?
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline Yaalili

• View Profile
  • Programs: Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, MLife Gold, National Executive Elite, Radisson Gold, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, DansDeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite.
« Reply #1547 on: November 02, 2014, 12:42:14 AM »
Seeing the DMZ is just not worth it? I meant unless I don't have anything else to cover you wouldn't recommend it?

If that's the case I would try to skip KE all together. It does not sound that their hard/soft product is amazing compared to CX/EK/EY/OZ so I would try to route with these carriers instead... Am I off about KE?

KE a380 supposedly pretty good, if you can get on that direct flight to CNX later on, might make a decent day trip to ICN.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: November 02, 2014, 12:44:33 AM »
Would have to spend the day anyway in ICN. The flight from ICN to CNX leaves at 6:45pm. Still might be a good option over going to BKK.
Just saw that, if thats the case I might just skip KE altogether... How would a vacation from Thu-Sun morning in CNX be? A bit too short?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 12:56:18 AM by ilherman »

Offline Yaalili

• View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: November 02, 2014, 12:48:20 AM »
Just saw that, if thats the case I might just skip KE altogether... How would a vacation from Thu-Sun morning in CNX be? A bit to short?

4 nights in CNX doesn't sound bad at all. Provided you have a long Friday.

Offline MEIR613

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: November 02, 2014, 12:54:03 AM »

KE is amazing. With that said, it really depends on what's available and you mileage balances.

I would try for CX. If you really want to maximize on the products. Try to route through SFO on their 747 with AA F.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 12:58:59 AM by MEIR613 »

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: November 02, 2014, 12:54:49 AM »
KE a380 supposedly pretty good, if you can get on that direct flight to CNX later on, might make a decent day trip to ICN.
Again, of course they are good. Their J products beets UA F anytime.. But compare to CX/EK I would rather go with CX/EK (pending availability..) if you guys say I should skip ICN.

Offline MEIR613

• View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: November 02, 2014, 12:55:56 AM »
Just saw that, if thats the case I might just skip KE altogether... How would a vacation from Thu-Sun morning in CNX be? A bit to short?
Not to short at all.

It's perfect. You will have 2 days to do activities.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: November 02, 2014, 12:58:15 AM »
4 nights in CNX doesn't sound bad at all. Provided you have a long Friday.
Candle lighting is 6:27. Its 4 nights but just 2 days.... ehh?

Offline Yaalili

• View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: November 02, 2014, 01:03:02 AM »
Candle lighting is 6:27. Its 4 nights but just 2 days.... ehh?

Pretty much two full days you got there.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: November 02, 2014, 01:08:24 AM »
Not to short at all.

It's perfect. You will have 2 days to do activities.
Thanks. So if thats the case I might stick with KE and do the DMZ tour and off to CNX.

If only my plans/itin is not going to change another 55 times until the final day....  :o I am starting to think about routing via Europe if LH F on the 744 will have availability..... and continue with LH F A380... to ICN so I am Wednesday morning in ICN and I get to check out have both LH F products, and take KE J at night ICN-CNX.

Offline Yaalili

• View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: November 02, 2014, 01:11:05 AM »
Thanks. So if thats the case I might stick with KE and do the DMZ tour and off to CNX.

If only my plans/itin is not going to change another 55 times until the final day....  :o I am starting to think about routing via Europe if LH F on the 744 will have availability..... and continue with LH F A380... to ICN so I am Wednesday morning in ICN and I get to check out have both LH F products, and take KE J at night ICN-CNX.

KE J a330 vs KE F a380, incomparable!

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: November 02, 2014, 01:39:58 AM »
Who said they are?

But I prefer LH F on 744/A380 rather than KE F.

Offline ilherman

• View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: November 02, 2014, 09:33:19 PM »
Better to do CX + HKG. If you're doing HKG just stay there for shabbos. One day is not enough time for HKG.
I can't do HKG for Shabbos because I need a flight Sun morning to MLE. The only places that offer morning flights to MLE is SIN and BKK, hence why I will be in one of these 2 places for Shabbos.

Now, I will be arriving in Asia Wed morning, and I only have to be in CNX Thu morning, so I have one day in Asia to fill in. Its one day! Its either ICN or HKG, Im thinking about ICN because thats a place where I can cover in 1 day VS HKG where Ill just waste my time if Ill be there some 12 hours. Or am I wrong?

Still undecided if I should do CNX or SIN from Thu-Sun. CNX sounds much more fun.

Offline MEIR613

• View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: November 02, 2014, 10:20:47 PM »
I can't do HKG for Shabbos because I need a flight Sun morning to MLE. The only places that offer morning flights to MLE is SIN and BKK, hence why I will be in one of these 2 places for Shabbos.

Now, I will be arriving in Asia Wed morning, and I only have to be in CNX Thu morning, so I have one day in Asia to fill in. Its one day! Its either ICN or HKG, Im thinking about ICN because thats a place where I can cover in 1 day VS HKG where Ill just waste my time if Ill be there some 12 hours. Or am I wrong?

Still undecided if I should do CNX or SIN from Thu-Sun. CNX sounds much more fun.
You won't be wasting your time if you only go to HKG for 12 hours, just there's a lot to see so don't think 12 hours is enough, but if that's all you can get you'll make it work.