Author Topic: Next Vacation - Ideas  (Read 1132437 times)

Offline stbaum

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Next Vacation - Ideas
« Reply #4520 on: August 24, 2017, 11:12:26 AM »
אחרון אחרון חביב

i'm actually thinking between Dallas and Cleveland. Miami having terrible weather this weekend, Seattle and LA are too far for a quick trip, and i don't want to go to Chicago if i can't enjoy Shallots and Milts and give them the respect they're due.
My greatest achievement? I am fluent in FRIENDS quotes

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4521 on: August 24, 2017, 11:16:27 AM »
There's also ATL, BOS, BWI, CVG, DTW, MSY, PIT, ETC
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #4522 on: August 24, 2017, 11:41:53 AM »
ETC
Theres a minyan in North carolina?

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: August 24, 2017, 11:51:40 AM »
Theres a minyan in North carolina?
Go daven has nothing within the 50 miles

Online mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #4524 on: August 30, 2017, 07:00:44 PM »
Planning a TLV trip for Next May For 2 adults and 2 kids: I know that I want to leave from NYC to TLV  on a Wed night and  I really want to get LH F and FCT off my bucket list but getting 4 LH F seats is probably impossible and the Swiss Flight leaving JFK makes most sense as it leaves at 9 PM so I can go to work that day, so Im thinking I should do LX J and both legs will be real J  Also it is a short connection which is good with kids.

I really wanted to leave the following Monday from HKG cause I am in love with CX F and want to fly that again

So I will be arriving in TLV on a Thurs morning and leaving on a Tues morning direct to HKG on CX.

Here's where it gets tricky. I have already been to HKG, ideally I would like to spend shabbat there. Is there somewhere close to HKG nice that I can go to for 2 days? Maybe PEK? I did CNX and USM. For some reason DPS seems third world to me

Any other suggestions? If the W tel aviv opens maybe I'll stick around in TLV for that. Should I just go to Europe? I dont know where to start. So many options.

Sorry for the rambling I really think I need to create a new thread for this, I have too many options.

As I am writing this it seems it is probably best to skip shabbat in HKG. But I do not want to miss the Sunday night buffet in the JCC

Someone help me! 

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: August 30, 2017, 07:12:17 PM »
Planning a TLV trip for Next May For 2 adults and 2 kids: I know that I want to leave from NYC to TLV  on a Wed night and  I really want to get LH F and FCT off my bucket list but getting 4 LH F seats is probably impossible and the Swiss Flight leaving JFK makes most sense as it leaves at 9 PM so I can go to work that day, so Im thinking I should do LX J and both legs will be real J  Also it is a short connection which is good with kids.

I really wanted to leave the following Monday from HKG cause I am in love with CX F and want to fly that again

So I will be arriving in TLV on a Thurs morning and leaving on a Tues morning direct to HKG on CX.

Here's where it gets tricky. I have already been to HKG, ideally I would like to spend shabbat there. Is there somewhere close to HKG nice that I can go to for 2 days? Maybe PEK? I did CNX and USM. For some reason DPS seems third world to me

Any other suggestions? If the W tel aviv opens maybe I'll stick around in TLV for that. Should I just go to Europe? I dont know where to start. So many options.

Sorry for the rambling I really think I need to create a new thread for this, I have too many options.

As I am writing this it seems it is probably best to skip shabbat in HKG. But I do not want to miss the Sunday night buffet in the JCC

Someone help me!

So you think you can get 4 cx f but not 4 lh f??? I'd love to know your ways

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: August 30, 2017, 07:13:57 PM »
Also, you'd save on the award if you leave Israel via Europe than the other way around.

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: August 30, 2017, 07:15:24 PM »
So you think you can get 4 cx f but not 4 lh f??? I'd love to know your ways
no it will be 2F and 2 J

I dont feel bad putting my wife in CX J but with LH J I will be the one in J and I havent heard good things about LH J

I will probably find some solo time to experience LH F. My wife and kids dont care for lounges so its a waste to make a long layover and sit in a lounge with them

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: August 30, 2017, 07:16:48 PM »
Also, you'd save on the award if you leave Israel via Europe than the other way around.
Yes but the way it works out I have to go to TLV first. My dates are limited and locked in. TLV part will be for Shavout so I cant switch it around

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: August 30, 2017, 07:19:32 PM »
no it will be 2F and 2 J

I dont feel bad putting my wife in CX J but with LH J I will be the one in J and I havent heard good things about LH J

I will probably find some solo time to experience LH F. My wife and kids dont care for lounges so its a waste to make a long layover and sit in a lounge with them
It's possible to get 4 f seats though. Why don't you wait until 2 weeks out and see what's available. Either 4f, split in j, etc. you can book something w sq's flexible cancellation policy as a backup, but it's much cheaper on the return Bc of yq

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #4530 on: August 30, 2017, 07:24:57 PM »
It's possible to get 4 f seats though. Why don't you wait until 2 weeks out and see what's available. Either 4f, split in j, etc. you can book something w sq's flexible cancellation policy as a backup, but it's much cheaper on the return Bc of yq
Yes the flight times dont work as well. Also I am only doing LH F for the lounge honestly. Last year I did SQ suites and on the JFK-FRA leg it felt like such a waste by the time you sleep they are already waking you up (now the FRA-SIN leg was a diff story) Id rather leave F for the 16 hour flights not the 8 hour ones. . I am perfectly happy with LX J which is lie flat on both legs and no YQ with AC or UA

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: August 30, 2017, 07:27:48 PM »
Yes the flight times dont work as well. Also I am only doing LH F for the lounge honestly. Last year I did SQ suites and on the JFK-FRA leg it felt like such a waste by the time you sleep they are already waking you up (now the FRA-SIN leg was a diff story) Id rather leave F for the 16 hour flights not the 8 hour ones. . I am perfectly happy with LX J which is lie flat on both legs and no YQ with AC or UA
If all you want is lounge and you're feeling adventurous, how about: tlv-fra-bom or del on lh and then bom/del-hkg-JFK on cx for your return?

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: August 30, 2017, 07:52:00 PM »
If all you want is lounge and you're feeling adventurous, how about: tlv-fra-bom or del on lh and then bom/del-hkg-JFK on cx for your return?
not that desperate for the lounge on this trip. I'm sure I'll get there 1 day. Also was hoping to take advantage of AS free stop over and book TLV-HKG-NYC as one award

Offline zevi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: September 04, 2017, 04:49:22 PM »
I had originally planned going to Orlando for extended weekend due to the impending hurricane doesn't  seem it makes sense to go, any other places to go instead that's not to far, has kosher food, beaches and  preferably with JetBlue

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: September 07, 2017, 08:21:22 PM »
Looking to go to LA. Was thinking to spend 2 days in LA and 2 days somewhere nearby near the beach or mountains.  Any ideas ? Ideally I'd stay somewhere on the beach thats still close enough to get food easily for all 4 of the days.
Any ideas ?
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline ual902

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: September 07, 2017, 08:23:20 PM »
Looking to go to LA. Was thinking to spend 2 days in LA and 2 days somewhere nearby near the beach or mountains.  Any ideas ? Ideally I'd stay somewhere on the beach thats still close enough to get food easily for all 4 of the days.
Any ideas ?

Malibu/ Oxnard

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: September 07, 2017, 08:25:42 PM »
Malibu/ Oxnard
Are there any hotels ON the beach ?

And these are places to go just for 2 days , not for 4 days and driving in daily correct?

"Not all who wander are lost"

Online mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: September 07, 2017, 08:30:08 PM »
Any ideas ?
ritz Carlton Laguna niguel

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: September 12, 2017, 08:36:43 PM »
Having never been anywhere in Asia before, if the choice was between 5.5-6  days in either HKG or BKK/CNX, including Shabbos, which would you choose?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Denverite

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: September 12, 2017, 08:51:52 PM »
Having never been anywhere in Asia before, if the choice was between 5.5-6  days in either HKG or BKK/CNX, including Shabbos, which would you choose?

How comfortable are you with chaos and poverty (that's Bangkok)...they are both cool but very different places.  Thailand probably needs more than 5-6 days also so what about Hong Kong and Singapore? I think those are great intro cities to Asia and you have good kosher food and Shabbos options.  For his first Asia trip I went last year with my DH to Singapore on the way to the Maldives.  Next year our whole family is going to HKG, Koh Samui and Singapore...hopefully we'll get some great scenery and cultural experiences without some of the negative experiences that are in other destinations.